Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee has bugged "damage dealt" stat?

4thBro

2 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Interesting. And I never used that weapon, so I don't have any personal experience invading my analysis.

I'm inclined to believe that, simply, a lot of things are unintentionally recording overkill.

Possibly.

(Still a speculation, but seems to be the most likely, if we assume you didn't randomly kill some big HP enemies that stopped spawning.)

I killed some Crewmen, MOA's, and a Shield Osprey. Could've been one of the enemy types, or the faction itself may have played a role in recording what seems to be overkill damage, but I have noticed this kind of (apparently inaccurate) high damage dealt/low kills stat more when using high damage, low fire rate weapons. specifically Vectis, Rubico Prime and of course the Chakkhurr. It could also be the case with weapons like the Zarr or Bramma, but of course they tend to get a lot more kills on average per mission anyway, plus I don't really pay attention to the damage dealt in missions, since in my experience they don't appear to be accurate, so I may have missed other outliers.

The Banshee situation may have been all damage being attributed to her, overkill damage as a result of her ability being attributed to her, or just the weapon she used.

Bit off topic, but I would actually like a separate stat to see how much supportive abilities helps the team increase their damage via damage reduction, damage boosting etc, or even healing. Give some support frames and players a bit of love too :)

1 hour ago, Silligoose said:

Bit off topic, but I would actually like a separate stat to see how much supportive abilities helps the team increase their damage via damage reduction, damage boosting etc, or even healing. Give some support frames and players a bit of love too :)

I've wanted this for a long time too.  Even just healing would be something, since at least we know that the game already tabulates it.

There's also the "kill assists" stat, although I could only guess what that's tracking.

Uhh, actually pretty sure overkill damage does count. Anecdotal yes, but some examples you can often see include saryn players. They can top kill charts, but their damage is often relatively low due to their DoT damage never surpassing the targets hp. Likewise, you can quite easily top damage charts by killing a few times with stropha heavy attacks, even though your kills are few, the damage % skyrockets

4 hours ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Uhh, actually pretty sure overkill damage does count. Anecdotal yes, but some examples you can often see include saryn players. They can top kill charts, but their damage is often relatively low due to their DoT damage never surpassing the targets hp. Likewise, you can quite easily top damage charts by killing a few times with stropha heavy attacks, even though your kills are few, the damage % skyrockets

I do not find this to be true.

If you would be willing to put the effort into doing so, could you go out and try to reenact such a scenario, recording it, and then uploading it for us to see?

I would wager that you cannot blow up enemies with single, strong attacks, and top damage charts against a Saryn getting 99% of the kills. To be even more precise with this test, you'd have to make sure you kill a normal enemy, and not do something like... killing the reputation spawns or Grustrag, or something like that. Or targeting the eximuses or Nox's or whatnot. Since their health pools will all be WAYYYY above that of everything else.

Just relived another scenario where I think I've seen overkill damage before:  Whipclaw.     I was just in a mission spamming Ocucor, and got 3x the kills but only half the damage of the Khora.  I'm certain I've seen more extreme examples--like 50% of the kills and 2% of the damage--but this one just reminded me of it.

It'd be interesting to hear from some Khora players about this to see if it holds up.  (I don't play her, myself.)

Yeah in my experience, overkill do contribute to end mission damage percentage. I usually play lazy mode and just tag along doing the minimal. Only when things go sideways I do something. And in those missions that I did something, often I end up being top damage percentage. Even after going back to lazy mode for the duration of the remainder of the  mission.

26 minutes ago, Currilicious said:

Yeah in my experience, overkill do contribute to end mission damage percentage. I usually play lazy mode and just tag along doing the minimal. Only when things go sideways I do something. And in those missions that I did something, often I end up being top damage percentage. Even after going back to lazy mode for the duration of the remainder of the  mission.

Experiences like this are so lacking of actual... ... anything to work with, though. (No offense, of course, just an objective statement.)

Maybe the reason things choked up is because of higher tier units filling up. So when you dump on them and go back to afk'ing, you're loading up on high health pools.

Please refer to my posted video... Lot of people are giving "example scenarios" like my quoted one, where you don't really say much beyond, "One time I topped damage but not kills."

There are a lot of ways for that to happen, all with overkill damage not counting.

Observe my video. It is a very simplistic scenario. I blast a couple Grineer for damage amounts the newbie will never reach, even given all map to do so. But, as you can see, he flies past me in damage dealt. Because he kills his way through more enemy health than me.

Archived