Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix sprint cancel?

Sybaris

Ignoring this issue has gone on long enough, sprint breaks are so annoying that i refuse to play frames that have abilities that break sprint (lavos, hildryn). Railjack is unplayable for me cuz basically every action you do (eg. boarding ships, using turrets) breaks sprint. 

11 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

ah.. am i the only one confused reading this?

I made a post about this a while back, and some people just do not get it.  So no, you're not alone.

For many PC players, they hit a point in the game where they are always sprinting.  There's no reason to ever NOT be sprinting.  DE added a "sprint toggle," in the settings.  I have it activated, so every time I start a mission, I hold shift, and then I'm always sprinting... unless I use an ability that breaks the toggle, or I use a vehicle.  The OP is asking for DE to honor their sprint toggle so that we don't have to keep holding shift every time we use an ability that breaks the toggle.  There are many abilities that break the toggle.  Lavos 2, Hildryn 4, Wisp 4, Ivara 3 (this one makes sense, though), Revenant 4, Hydroid 3, Titania 4, etc.  It's usually movement abilities.  But not all movement abilities break the sprint toggle.  Wukong's 2 works just fine with it, for example.

I hope this helps you understand what the OP is talking about.

As for those who think "this isn't a big deal," you're kind of right.  It's a game, after all.  But it is a game with a ton of things to do, and a ton of grind.  Small wrinkles/inconveniences like holding shift after each use of certain abilities can really wear on you after a while.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Because pressing a single button is so hard. 🙄

It's almost like a setting isn't working like it should.

Imagine if item labels were removed from the UI every time you returned to the Orbiter, and the counter argument was just "Re-enable the setting; pressing a single button isn't so hard."

Just now, (XBOX)Shodian said:

No, it is working, it's a toggle, you either press to hold to run, or press once to always run. Working as intended.

No it literally doesnt work as intended. You press once to run, and then a random ass action will cancel it, reverting you to walking.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

No, it is working, it's a toggle, you either press to hold to run, or press once to always run. Working as intended.

You are omitting the entire point of the thread. Maybe read over it again.

I honestly don't understand why Warframe doesn't have a setting to be "Always Sprinting" that removes walking entirely. 

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Hey you're Xbox as well you should know how annoying pressing the sticks is. These things shouldn't be a button it ends up drifting if abused, also they added the option in the game it should at least work properly even if some think it's lazy

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Hey you're Xbox as well you should know how annoying pressing the sticks is. These things shouldn't be a button it ends up drifting if abused, also they added the option in the game it should at least work properly even if some think it's lazy

I haven't had an issue with this. I have toggle on so I press it again and it works just fine.

17 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Since we're on the topic of sprint I'd like to vouch for a Gauss Speed boost. But ye, "One handed" abilities don't break sprint right?

That's... not what this is about.  This isn't referring to abilities like Equinox's 4 or Revenant's 2 that lock you in place while you cast them.  Those abilities are fine.  They don't mess with my sprint toggle.  It's the abilities that deactivate my sprint toggle and force me to reactivate it that I hate.

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

And certain abilities deactivate the toggle, forcing us to do it again.  Others have accused you of trolling, so perhaps I shouldn't even engage.  But what about this bothers you?  Why are you arguing against DE fixing a toggle that is broken?  It works fine until you use an ability that resets it, and what will reset it isn't always predictable.

DE has the ability to fix this.  They've done it before.  Yet they're leaving so many abilities languishing with this functionality.

I wish they would just make us always sprinting as they've hinted at in the past.

2 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

DE has the ability to fix this.  They've done it before.  Yet they're leaving so many abilities languishing with this functionality.

Communication

I don't remember which one it was, but a few years ago, a huge QoL fix was done & ready to be shipped, but it wasn't for months, all because the staff at DE forgot to speak with each other

If you play with a Controller then Every Ability Breaks Sprint 😱 !!!

For whatever reason mere holding down the Right Shoulder Button Disables the ability to Sprint... Or Aim...

1 hour ago, Dauggie said:

ah.. am i the only one confused reading this?

Makes perfect sense to me... 

50 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Exactly !!! I knew someone would Understand 😁 !!!

47 minutes ago, Sybaris said:

Pressing a single button after certain actions every time, breaking the flow. Yea super #*!%ing annoying.

Sekiro has this problem as well...

Performing literally any action will disable Crouching... 

41 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Hey you're Xbox as well you should know how annoying pressing the sticks is.

That button shouldn't even exist the way it's so bad 😭

It deffinently needs a fix. I replaced Vial Rush on Lavos since using it cancels sprint. Annoying just doesnt start to describe it.

On the bright side though we dont have Outriders' "Toggle Sprint" which cancels the moment you run into a straw of grass or a slightly too large grain of sand. Atleast that's something right? 😕

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

If you play with a Controller then Every Ability Breaks Sprint 😱 !!!

It feels like almost every ability to me, yes 😿.

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

For whatever reason mere holding down the Right Shoulder Button Disables the ability to Sprint... Or Aim...

What controller and what drivers are you using? I'm using an xbox controller with Steam controller support disabled. I'm just wondering because I crouch+aim and slide+aim frequently and don't experience Sprint-stop from that.

Archived