Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix sprint cancel?

Sybaris

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

That's... not what this is about.  This isn't referring to abilities like Equinox's 4 or Revenant's 2 that lock you in place while you cast them.  Those abilities are fine.  They don't mess with my sprint toggle.  It's the abilities that deactivate my sprint toggle and force me to reactivate it that I hate.

And certain abilities deactivate the toggle, forcing us to do it again.  Others have accused you of trolling, so perhaps I shouldn't even engage.  But what about this bothers you?  Why are you arguing against DE fixing a toggle that is broken?  It works fine until you use an ability that resets it, and what will reset it isn't always predictable.

DE has the ability to fix this.  They've done it before.  Yet they're leaving so many abilities languishing with this functionality.

I wish they would just make us always sprinting as they've hinted at in the past.

Not a shot at you whatsoever, but what sort of abilities turn of the sprint toggle? It's a small thing I never notice, I would just like to know for curiosity's sake 

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

What controller and what drivers are you using?

Basic Xbox 360 Controller.. 

I'm just wondering because I crouch+aim and slide+aim frequently and don't experience Sprint-stop from that.

Isn't Crouch on the Left Shoulder Button though ? 🤔

Or did you move it to the Right Bumper so you could do those things ?

I'm using an xbox controller with Steam controller support disabled

I have mine Enabled because I need the extra Macros to use Ivara and Akvasto Prime properly...

Edit: 

Also my config has an Outer Ring Binding on the Analog Stick that I use for Sprinting... This is how I got Around this specific Issue of Sprint being Disabled..

9 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Not a shot at you whatsoever, but what sort of abilities turn of the sprint toggle? It's a small thing I never notice, I would just like to know for curiosity's sake 

• Grendel's 4
  • Hildryn's 4
  • Hydroid's 3 (and maybe his 2?)
  • Inaros' 3 (I think... I don't play a lot of Inaros)
  • Ivara's 3
  • Lavos' 2
  • Revenant's 4
  • Titania's 4
  • Wisp's 4
  • Yareli's 2
  • Vehicles (Archwing, Necramech, and K Drive)
  • Railjack Guns/Piloting Harnesses
  • Ramparts

7 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:
  • Grendel's 4
  • Hildryn's 4
  • Hydroid's 3 (and maybe his 2?)
  • Inaros' 3 (I think... I don't play a lot of Inaros)
  • Ivara's 3
  • Lavos' 2
  • Revenant's 4
  • Titania's 4
  • Wisp's 4
  • Yareli's 2
  • Vehicles (Archwing, Necramech, and K Drive)
  • Railjack Guns/Piloting Harnesses
  • Ramparts

Thanks for letting me know. I been using some of this stuff alot and I never notice the Sprint toggle turn off. Though I'm used to stuff like cod, where we end up spamming sprint anyway.

30 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Isn't Crouch on the Left Shoulder Button though ? 🤔

Or did you move it to the Right Bumper so you could do those things ?

My bad! I missed that detail. I'm a bit dyslexic or just dumb 😿. I was thinking left-bumper plus aiming when you said right-bumper.

When I get on Warframe, I'll check what things I can do when I hold down the right-bumper. I really like the controller shortcuts for the railjack Tactical-menu and Omni-tool.

2 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

And certain abilities deactivate the toggle, forcing us to do it again.  Others have accused you of trolling, so perhaps I shouldn't even engage.  But what about this bothers you?  Why are you arguing against DE fixing a toggle that is broken?  It works fine until you use an ability that resets it, and what will reset it isn't always predictable.

DE has the ability to fix this.  They've done it before.  Yet they're leaving so many abilities languishing with this functionality.

I wish they would just make us always sprinting as they've hinted at in the past.

Sometimes they are trolls but sometimes that kind of people exist... I wonder if they would be ok to write e.g. 250 words in uppercase if every word would turn off your capslock.

And for always sprint options - it's another suggestion by some player.

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

+1 Support. I want Sprinting to not be turned off by abilities.

So many frames have mandatory Sprint-stop now.

I think the OP is being a little melodramatic when they say warframes and railjack are "unplayable" tho.

Sprint turning off is one of MANY things that makes RJ bad:

- Cannot slingshot into some places or Slingshot places you near "press X to enter" place

- Shooting using Slingshot is joke: go to front gun (or whatever it's called), press L to open "ship navigation" (forgot the name), click Slingshot, teleport NEAR Slingshot, rotate 180 degrees, press X to enter, wait for navigation to finish, aim and shot

- shooting is worse than frames

- RJ is slow

- soloing is definition of BOREDOM: shoot ships, shoot some place, go to ship to destroy/hack stuffs, go back to ship, shoot some place, go to ship.... bla bla bla; Corpus missions were less tedious

- Void storm - exterminate.... has someone even played it? I had to changes settings from 100/200 to 0/200 to see stuffs. On old settings (100/200) my screen blinked like crazy.

And probably more but since I acquired Exec (lucky me) I haven't bothered with Storms.

3 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

As for those who think "this isn't a big deal," you're kind of right.  It's a game, after all.  But it is a game with a ton of things to do, and a ton of grind.  Small wrinkles/inconveniences like holding shift after each use of certain abilities can really wear on you after a while.

I think this is where being a controller player kinda pays off. Since holding a button to sprint is already ungodly awful on controller (default is to hold in left stick), setting sprint to toggle helps drastically. Especially since there's not really many cases where you wouldn't want sprint on anyways.

26 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

I think this is where being a controller player kinda pays off. Since holding a button to sprint is already ungodly awful on controller (default is to hold in left stick), setting sprint to toggle helps drastically. Especially since there's not really many cases where you wouldn't want sprint on anyways.

If my feet are Touching The Ground... Chances are I'll want to Sprint...

For Atlas mains that means 24/7 😱 !!!

For Controller players who play on PC they can use Steam Input's Controller Profiler to Bind the Sprint Button to the Edges of the Analogue Stick then Switch the Sprint Function from Toggle back to Hold... Thus enabling you to Sprint Everywhere even after using the Shishkamabobs that Disable Sprinting (since it's set to Hold... The game re-renables the ability to Sprint Instantaneously)....

4 hours ago, Sybaris said:

Ignoring this issue has gone on long enough, sprint breaks are so annoying that i refuse to play frames that have abilities that break sprint (lavos, hildryn). Railjack is unplayable for me cuz basically every action you do (eg. boarding ships, using turrets) breaks sprint. 

You better ask for
Always sprint; and hold "some button" to dont sprint
I think that would fix the issue 

A bit off-topic, but am I the only odd one preferring HOLD sprint over TOGGLE sprint?

I used to use toggle sprint for years until Railjack came out. The old RJ has stamina bar, meaning everytime if I hit the toggle, RJ would consume stamina until I press the toggle again. I find that toggle quite annoying since I like to spam it. So I decide to change to HOLD sprint from that point, and I wouldn't be happier. (I know DE removed RJ stamina but it was much later)

For Volt and Gauss I can see why toggle sprint is useful when constantly sprinting work with their abilities. But for most others frames, bullet jump/air roll/downward slide are much faster travel method, especially not all frame has good sprint speed. 

So for my gameplay I spent way more time to action/roll/shoot than sprint. I also notice the delay between action/walk to action/sprint is lower. (less animation change) And just like above mentioned, alot of actions break sprint toggle which disrupt the flow. So personally, HOLD sprint is just more fluid gameplay.

I agree that it's an issue that I want fixed, but I also understand why it hasn't been fixed yet because of contexts that have special interactions with sprint status, like Ivara's Prowl.  Whatever the fix ends up being, it will most likely solve this issue while also creating different issues, and I would understand if DE didn't think the trade-off would be worth it.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I agree that it's an issue that I want fixed, but I also understand why it hasn't been fixed yet because of contexts that have special interactions with sprint status, like Ivara's Prowl.  Whatever the fix ends up being, it will most likely solve this issue while also creating different issues, and I would understand if DE didn't think the trade-off would be worth it.

Uhhh we are already in a trade off and it's not worth it. No, it's not like this so prowl can work and you can't even tell more examples of what would be broken by sprint.

I saw a great idea here and I support inverting walk/sprint, make sprint default and get a toggle walk instead of toggle sprint. It's actually smart and probably the easiest solution.

Anyone remember somewhat recently they actually "fixed" Lavos' 2 so that it didn't break sprint? It lasted less than a week or something before a patch reverted it. After forcing myself out of muscle memory to not re-toggle sprint every time after using it, it actually did feel way more fun and fluid. But it was gone days later :(   

I do not understand how we don't have a setting that just defaults us to sprint at the start of the mission and stays defaulted to sprint regardless of what abilities you've used or whatever.  Just leave it on.  Turn it on by default, leave it on, don't turn it off.

I can almost guarantee that there's some dev that's still really salty about the long ago removal of warframe stamina and fights everyone in regards to QOL settings regarding sprint.  There is no reasonable, logical explanation for why sprint isn't just defaulted on and left on other than someone has "my vision for the game" issues with us not walking everywhere.

I honestly can't even see a need for walking as an option at all other than Ivara's Prowl "balancing" or just wanting it for thematic reasons if you're goofing off.  In regular play, walking isn't a thing anyone wants to do.  Just turn on sprint and leave it on.  We've been asking repeatedly for years.

1 hour ago, Godmode_Ash said:

A bit off-topic, but am I the only odd one preferring HOLD sprint over TOGGLE sprint?

I technically have it set to Hold.... But I have a Macro that holds it down for me so that I don't have to do it..  soooooo... I don't know where that puts me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Godmode_Ash said:

I used to use toggle sprint for years until Railjack came out. The old RJ has stamina bar, meaning everytime if I hit the toggle, RJ would consume stamina until I press the toggle again. I find that toggle quite annoying since I like to spam it. So I decide to change to HOLD sprint from that point, and I wouldn't be happier. (I know DE removed RJ stamina but it was much later)

I Solved this issue by simply never using my own Rail Jack 😁 !!!

6 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I just want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that plays with a controller that every single ability that you have to hold to charge requires both RB and the ability specific button be held together to charge which greatly limits the ability to aim many of these abilities with the exception of Garuda's 4.  Garuda's 4 lets you hold RB, tap the ability specific button and then only hold down RB to continue to charge, freeing you up to aim it.

They very obviously, irrefutably have the ability to make this a function of charge abilities and yet let all these other abilities sit as is, without the QOL that Garuda's 4 has with charging.  There are so many things they can obviously fix but just don't because they don't care.  They said recently that reworking and polishing and fixing old content doesn't bring in or retain players so it's pointless for them to work on when they could be pumping out "new" things.  Maybe this is me twisting their words but this leads me to believe that because making the game better doesn't help their bottom line they just aren't going to do it on the scale that it needs to be done.

54 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I technically have it set to Hold.... But I have a Macro that holds it down for me so that I don't have to do it..  soooooo... I don't know where that puts me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

May I ask why? What advantage are there to use your own macro over the in-game toggle?

4 hours ago, Flannoit said:

Right.  That's the point.  I use the toggle even on keyboard/mouse.  It's great... until an ability arbitrarily turns it off and I have to reactivate it.

The problem isn't that we don't have a sprint toggle or know how to use it/activate it.  The problem is that it gets untoggled all too often.

6 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

You better ask for
Always sprint; and hold "some button" to dont sprint
I think that would fix the issue 

You mean we would sprint all the time and by pressing/holding some key would toggle sprint into walking? If yes then it would fix for us "sprinters" but I bet "walkers" would have another bugs.

4 hours ago, sitfesz said:

I saw a great idea here and I support inverting walk/sprint, make sprint default and get a toggle walk instead of toggle sprint. It's actually smart and probably the easiest solution.

I'm ok with it but I bet some people would hate it.

4 hours ago, Pain-Giver said:

Anyone remember somewhat recently they actually "fixed" Lavos' 2 so that it didn't break sprint? It lasted less than a week or something before a patch reverted it. After forcing myself out of muscle memory to not re-toggle sprint every time after using it, it actually did feel way more fun and fluid. But it was gone days later :(   

WOW! I haven't knew it. It was probably bug like Yareli's "Primary on Merulina"... That's funny.

3 hours ago, Godmode_Ash said:

May I ask why? What advantage are there to use your own macro over the in-game toggle?

Macro just works (I'm not user of this things). In game toggle doesn't. It has been posted long time ago (as fair I can see the thread that was posted here were from 2020 December). It won't be fixed so they will use what already works (macros).

24 minutes ago, quxier said:

You mean we would sprint all the time and by pressing/holding some key would toggle sprint into walking? If yes then it would fix for us "sprinters" but I bet "walkers" would have another bugs.

If that would be possible and would be implemented into game
What would prevent us from having radio button with

○ Always Walk (shift while held will make you sprint)
☻ Always Sprint (shift while held will make you walk)

Then we need exact same option for different mods

In Warframe

As Operator
☻ Always Walk (shift while held will make you sprint)
○ Always Sprint (shift while held will make you walk)

On K-Drive

And so go on for arcwhing railjack necramech and whatever else you can think of

Sprinters would be happy walkers would not be hurt
Profit 100%

Archived