Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the real reason that DE wont support endurance runs and scaling rewards.

(XBOX)Harbinger XK5

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

Try to get a usable roll on a riven is next to impossible for me

That's because the advent of galvanized mods raised the bar for breaking even on rivens. Effective rivens are extremely limited to a few stats right now. Regardless, though, the reason DE doesnt do scaling rewards is because of what I posted.

To be honest I am quite fed up and annoyed by the current run system. Everybody wants to finish as quick as it can any given mission ,sometimes when my internet was weaker and it took some time to load I joined them 1 minute away  for them to enter the leaving zone...The whole mission was 2 and half minute maybe,capture.

I joined maybe someone wanna farm Argon but people just rush over anything and I am getting tired of this,luckily I main Ash so I can do any given mission solo without much of issues but maybe just maybe sometimes I would love to play a proper party with other tennos...

But at a certain they are right...why waste time when there's nothing in,no better drop,nothing extra for staying in and fight.

Boss missions...god forsake you for not bringing the main character of your and instead of 30 sec it takes 2 minutes...half of the team left...and these are aspects which must be changed...but this is for another topic how and what to change.

Fighting more hitting tenno enemies harder and decimating them longer should reward more,I would love to play longer missions with other than friends but not even survival lasts,relic opening maybe 4 rounds etc...

I hope it will be changed somehow in the future or at least ad a mode where progressing harder longer but more rewarding will be open

Here's my own opinion .

Scaling rewards would mean that player would need to play less , and if player plays less he or she is less likely to spend money on a game which directly affects the devs .

Number one rule of any live service game is to provide player with obstacles that would incentivize money spending .

29 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Here's my own opinion .

Scaling rewards would mean that player would need to play less , and if player plays less he or she is less likely to spend money on a game which directly affects the devs .

Number one rule of any live service game is to provide player with obstacles that would incentivize money spending .

It depends on how it's done, it can be done in a way that doesn't feel like a direct insult but still incentivizes people who don't want to wait to spend money. I've wanted to turn mission rotation rewards off just because of the feeling of disgust when I get common garbage in steel path or kuva fortress when I'm doing a nightwave challenge. I'd rather get nothing then a reward that makes me want to throw up.

On 2021-09-28 at 8:37 AM, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

It depends on how it's done, it can be done in a way that doesn't feel like a direct insult but still incentivizes people who don't want to wait to spend money. I've wanted to turn mission rotation rewards off just because of the feeling of disgust when I get common garbage in steel path or kuva fortress when I'm doing a nightwave challenge. I'd rather get nothing then a reward that makes me want to throw up.

If the rewards make you want to throw up then you should probably find a different game...

Absent that, they don't incentivize that form of gameplay because it has proven to be fairly toxic for years now and the source of various exploits and balance issues.
The system exists as a playstyle choice but there is no good reason to incent it past that.

The quality (or lack thereof) of the rewards isn't limited to any one form of content in this game at this point as what rewards best tends to shift periodically.

If anything, an argument could more readily be made that the quality of drops decreased once the endurance run trend took hold.

Because DE does not want people to progress fast. 

You see, you have standing cap and focus cap that effectively is telling you "you have played enough syndicate already, come back tomorrow". Sortie is once per day. Endless mission reward rotation is AABCAABC.....instead of AABCCCCCC except arbitration, which is time limited. That sort of things.

The underlying principle is DE wants to keep you from burnt out. They don't want people to exhaust content and reward in one go. They are holding you back so you can play for longer time, in terms of years. And it works.

Scaling reward is the exact opposite. Therefore it won't happen.

IMO what DE should do is change rotations in endless missions to the arbitration rotation. Basically, AABBCCCCC...

Also, rework rewards in general because they're absolutely terrible. Those 3000 credit caches, crappy mods and 80 endo shouldn't be a thing in higher level missions. Make the missions actually worth the player's time. Also give better rewards for doing endless SP missions so there's an actual point in doing those. Acolytes shouldn't be the only reason to do them.

24 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

IMO what DE should do is change rotations in endless missions to the arbitration rotation. Basically, AABBCCCCC...

At the very least they could change it from AABCRepeat to AABC>ABCRepeat imo.

Basically make the double A go away and change the rotation to ABC after the first full rotation.

On 2021-09-26 at 3:08 PM, Tsukinoki said:

They haven't had an "official" statement but its not something that is hard to understand if you put a few other things together.

The biggest one is the focus on "bite-sized" content and gameplay that "you can do during lunch".
The reason?  Because the biggest market (by far) is the "casual" market that players games maybe an hour or two a day.  That's it.
That's where games like this make the majority of their population and the majority of their profits.

IF DE started to go "Yeah, if you play this mode for 1.5+ hours at a time then you can get some serious rewards!" it starts telling the "casual" audience "Hey, you're not really welcome here since you can't spend 1.5 hours per mission, so don't try as you simply can't catch up with the people who can!"

DE is simply targeting what makes them the most money and the largest player counts: The people who can't spend 3+ hours a day on "endurance" runs.  They don't want to alienate those players by going "Yeah, you're not really getting rewards if you can't do endurance runs...."
And you might say "But we aren't taking rewards away from them, why would they feel alienated?" and its simply the fact that they are told "If you go X hours you get massively more rewards....any time less than that is essentially wasted!"
It could actually drive away a decent number of the more "casual" playerbase as they know that they wouldn't be able to sit down and do the multi-hour grindfest on a regular basis needed to actually take advantage of the endurance runs.

And honestly?  I'm perfectly OK with that.
Sure, I may have more time than the average person to sit down and play games...but I actually enjoy games that don't go "Yeah, you're going to be forced to do an endurance run if you want a shot at the se rewards....any less time spent than a full endurance run is essentially time wasted!"
Having a game that I can log in, play for an hour and burn through dailies/weeklies and do some light grinding is great, and I don't feel punished by the fact that I can't set aside multi hour grind fests to do one mission.
And I know that I am far from alone in that.

Alienating players, definitely, however "targeting what makes them the most money" probably not.

as with most free to play MMOs, the majority of income does not come from average players, rather "whales" who spend 100s or 1000s of dollars. most people who download warframe will never spend money, 20 80 rule, 80 percent of income from 20 percent of input (players). it seems more likely that this decision was made to keep the whales buying resource boosters, as with scaling rewards they would otherwise have little incentive to.

There is a reason why DE spends so much time and effort bringing out new [deluxe] skins, rather then new content, because it will be snapped up by the whales who buy every skin, rather then new content might not make them as much profit (per hour spent).

Archived