My Idea for a noticeable Nyx Passive.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Enemies affected by Radiation proc deal 50% extra damage to their allies (600% extra damage with 10 stacks of Radiation instead of the original 550%).

Radiation procs inflicted on enemies last 35% more (16 seconds, instead of the original 12 seconds).

Finally, Nyx's abilities have a 25% chance to inflict 6 stacks of Radiation status effect on affected enemies. 

what do you think?

5 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

It would work in early and mid game content by in late game like Steel Path or long Arbitration runs the health and armor scaling is so much steeper than the enemy damage scaling. It could be fun though.

i know right?

at least it would scale higher and faster than 20% accuracy reduction.

chaos+ psychic bolts and with a strong mind control target you'd have all enemies in the vicinity covered in radiation.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Radiation procs inflicted on enemies last 35% more (16 seconds, instead of the original 12 seconds).

I would prefer if Nyx inflict Radiation within certain range (no big damage just status). You can sprint around enemies to make them... rad.... *BA DUM TSS*

I actually like the current passive. 20% accuracy reduction isn't bad, is it?

I mean... doesn't this equate to Nyx only receiving damage from 80% of attacks that would otherwise hit her? Sounds good on paper and in my experience playing Nyx it seems fairly useful considering her kit is sort of built around damage avoidance to a degree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

I actually like the current passive. 20% accuracy reduction isn't bad, is it?

I mean... doesn't this equate to Nyx only receiving damage from 80% of attacks that would otherwise hit her? Sounds good on paper and in my experience playing Nyx it seems fairly useful considering her kit is sort of built around damage avoidance to a degree.

i'm oblivious to sarcasm, so if that was a way to mock nyx's current passive, that's totally rad!

but if you're serious, well it's actually pointless, because one: a passive that you can't see/notice/or feel should change to something else.

this statement actually makes useless passives like Hydroid's somewhat OK, because of how evident and cheap it is to notice it, regardless of whether it does something useful for the Warframe or not.

Nyx's passive is 20% accuracy reduction, a stat that doesn't matter to Aoe enemies, melee enemies, snipers, high level enemies, and pretty much everyone.

even a Titania with 50% accuracy reduction wouldn't survive without her extra -50% hit chance buff that she gets from tribute and 50% damage reduction.

20% is just too low, extremely low, ludicrously low.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

i'm oblivious to sarcasm, so if that was a way to mock nyx's current passive, that's totally rad!

but if you're serious, well it's actually pointless, because one: a passive that you can't see/notice/or feel should change to something else.

this statement actually makes useless passives like Hydroid's somewhat OK, because of how evident and cheap it is to notice it, regardless of whether it does something useful for the Warframe or not.

Nyx's passive is 20% accuracy reduction, a stat that doesn't matter to Aoe enemies, melee enemies, snipers, high level enemies, and pretty much everyone.

even a Titania with 50% accuracy reduction wouldn't survive without her extra -50% hit chance buff that she gets from tribute and 50% damage reduction.

20% is just too low, extremely low, ludicrously low.

No sarcasm in my response. Honestly I haven't really thought much about her passive but IMO 20% accuracy reduction is fine. I appreciate that it isn't that significant but I also think passives should not be very significant across the board. 

I'd pair Nyx's passive 20% accuracy reduction with something like Banshee's always silent weapons (which I love). They aren't game changers but they're nice to have. The passive you've described up top is too strong IMO. The 35% longer rad procs bit would work as an alternate passive but all that other stuff is just too much. 

Game is easy. I don't like seeing more power creep (be it buffs to things that are not needed or making enemies easier).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

passive you've described up top is too strong IMO

oh you think so? hmm, i just basically gave Nyx Ash's passive but for radiation. so she handles radiation better than other Warframe, IE enemies deal more damage to each other when they're radiated, and they last for longer time.

maybe you're right though, can't argue with your opinion :)

however

6 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I don't like seeing more power creep

i hate Power creep too, and always sought after Warframes with no reliance on cheap damage reduction abilities or immense damage buffs.

but i just want a Nyx passive that i can notice, you know? if anything just bring her old passive back, giver her a useless gimmick passive like hydroid's, just anything as long as i notice it.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

but i just want a Nyx passive that i can notice, you know

I mean... it is "passive" so I'm not really sure if we need to actively notice it. 20% accuracy reduction may not be readily obvious but I'm sure it does make a difference. 1/5 shots miss Nyx altogether, right? That's certainly not terrible. Unless I'm misunderstanding how it works.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

1/5 shots miss Nyx altogether, right?

i'm afraid that's not how it works friend.

you're now describing Xaku's passive, which is a 25% chance to evade attacks and simply pass through them.

Nyx's passive doesn't negate damage, it reduces the accuracy of any enemy that's targeting her.

enemy accuracy scales with level and doesn't make any difference with melee enemies or Aoe enemies.

that's why i said it's bad, because as you go on with Warframe, you're just not going to "feel" the existence of that passive because it depends on something that progressively increases with enemy level and occasionally doesn't matter with some enemy types.

How about Nyx confusion adds a confusion proc as a passive as how microwaves effect Nukor. Also the enemy damage just needs to scale off of Nyx strength and enemy level as how most frames now do, even Xaku's leeching guns.

Also DE please just make Nyx's 4th be normal mobility. Change the augment to something else. The roll did nothing for her 4th.

Edited by kwlingo

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

i'm afraid that's not how it works friend.

you're now describing Xaku's passive, which is a 25% chance to evade attacks and simply pass through them.

Nyx's passive doesn't negate damage, it reduces the accuracy of any enemy that's targeting her.

enemy accuracy scales with level and doesn't make any difference with melee enemies or Aoe enemies.

that's why i said it's bad, because as you go on with Warframe, you're just not going to "feel" the existence of that passive because it depends on something that progressively increases with enemy level and occasionally doesn't matter with some enemy types.

Ahhhh thanks for clarifying.

Edit: I found an interesting video discussing enemy accuracy that further elaborates on what you've described

Edited by Leqesai
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Ahhhh thanks for clarifying.

Edit: I found an interesting video discussing enemy accuracy that further elaborates on what you've described

Hm. Informative, but there’s not really any real movement for bonus evasion aside from some aimglide and sprinting around. 🤔 Now it’s got me curious; I’m wondering if I can use the Simulacrum with level 100 enemies to feel the difference in survivability between Nyx and a different Warframe without the 20% evasion bonus (usually I’m too focused on the fighting to pay attention to how often I get hit while bouncing around)

I don't see why Nyx can't have an elaborate passive like other Warframes, so my pitch: Nyx emits a psychic aura around her that disrupts enemy forces. Foes X meters away from her suffer from reduced accuracy and dexterity, while those closest to her become incapable of using special abilities. Moreover, Nyx prevents friendly fire as long as allies are within affinity range (she kinda keeps ally psyche in check with her powers)

4 minutes ago, (PSN)LoisGordils said:

I don't see why Nyx can't have an elaborate passive like other Warframes, so my pitch: Nyx emits a psychic aura around her that disrupts enemy forces. Foes X meters away from her suffer from reduced accuracy and dexterity, while those closest to her become incapable of using special abilities. Moreover, Nyx prevents friendly fire as long as allies are within affinity range (she kinda keeps ally psyche in check with her powers)

Id argue many frames dont have an elaborate passive. Of course you have Gauss, Nidus, Wukong and Sevagoth with multi-paragraph passives, but you also have frames like ash, saryn and wisp that has both strong and short passives, each no more then a sentence long.