Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested liches when?

Enialyx

1 minute ago, Enialyx said:

You know they are coming.

Get ready for that Mutagen Hema goodness.

feeling it GIF by The Kennedy Center

IMO, Plains of Eidolon was good, Fortuna was pushing it and Deimos was just... another one.

and IMO, Lich’s were good, sisters were pushing it and infested lich’s would be... another one.

1 minute ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

@Slayer-. infested guts as components for infested kitguns. Infested pets. An infested mech. Plenty of viable ideas.

True, though players like getting a gun in their hands as fast as possible but your idea could work, imagine the drop rate though more grind for players.

23 minutes ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

@Slayer-. infested guts as components for infested kitguns. Infested pets. An infested mech. Plenty of viable ideas.

We have infested kitguns. We have infested pets. We don’t have an infested mech, but either it’s more broken than Arquebex or it’s dead on arrival.

It would be a lot of work for literally no reason. Not even that many players engage with the nemesis system as it is anyway.

I am curious to see what they name the infested "adversary" and the line of weapons if they do.

Plague comes to mind immediately , but it could be something else.

Also will need some macguffin to justify the creation of infested variants , like liches have kuva and sisters have granum void.

It's probably coming (same way we have open world's for each major faction) but I don't think it's gonna be anytime soon.

13 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Gonna have a wild guess and say most infested lich weapons would be melee, since most infested are melee

Why would you think this? There are already infested primary and secondary weapons. We're talking about a new enemy type that is going to be using weapons that normal enemies don't use. Just like the Kuva liches and Parvos sisters

29 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am curious to see what they name the infested "adversary" and the line of weapons if they do.

Plague comes to mind immediately , but it could be something else.

Also will need some macguffin to justify the creation of infested variants , like liches have kuva and sisters have granum void.

It's probably coming (same way we have open world's for each major faction) but I don't think it's gonna be anytime soon.

To be fair, the Infestation already has a bunch of different Strains.

Wouldn't be hard for them to just say this new Strain is purposefully sending a unit to be sacrificed to 'learn from the frame used to kill it and thus create an adversary to fight us and evolve further. 

The infestation already thinks of Frames as being one of them, so a new Strain who wants to use that connection to evolve itself would be interesting. 

Nemesis Strain has a certain ring to it. Nemesis as in "Nemesis System" they called it way back, and "Strain" to reference there are different strains of infested. Nemesis Strain implies it's a sub species of infested that adapts and grows for a particular adversary. Of all the Liches, this concept works extremely well for infested because in biology adaptive immunity is pretty overpowered. Shambling masses of technocyte constantly reference biology with the naming of their weapons, usually in reference to diseases or body parts.

There are many diseases, parasites, and plagues that adapt to other plagues. For example, there are viruses that parasitize other viruses, requiring their target to already infect a host before it can hijack the infection. Evolutionary adversarial niches happen all the time too with things like bacteriophages preying upon bacteria and the bacteria evolving to try to deal with it. They help eachother grow stronger.

Infestation doesn't really seem to see the warframes as mortal enemies, but lost kin that have simply lost their way or splintered off from the hivemind. They're surprisingly amicable, just in their own, oozing, ravenous, way. Individuality sorta exists in Infestation, see Fass and Vome, but the warframes themselves are technically rogue individual infestation if you really think about it. Surely the infestation collectively sees a merit to rogue units, mutations and deviations from the norm. Letting a single infested unit develop themselves stronger by pursuing a single target is to the benefit of the whole, as that's information the Infestation can use to better itself.

In that regard, I imagine Infested Liches would see the target warframe as a friendly rival, a much more low key use of the word "Nemesis". Even if it dies, the hivemind can just subsume it back and make use of the learned knowledge and adaptations. Hence, Nemesis Strain. This can go deeper too, as the infested unit is going after you, copying some of your abilities, and developing itself further. In trying to overcome you, their strain can potentially be a new variant that gets used again by Infested later. They're not just your Nemesis, and they're not just a collective strain. Each Nemesis Strain is a potential new strain of infestation, and they're YOUR Nemesis Strain. Don't mind me, just thinking aloud.

8 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Why would you think this? There are already infested primary and secondary weapons. We're talking about a new enemy type that is going to be using weapons that normal enemies don't use. Just like the Kuva liches and Parvos sisters

Well its a guess, for me it would be boring for the third adversary incarnation to be a copy of the other two if they too use ranged weapons and no melee, so hoping its the other way around and heavily melee focused

I was actually thinking they aren't controlled by a boss in particular. They are temporarily loosening their connection to the hive to pursue an inkling of individuality, through fighting you. Unlike the Sisters or the Kuva Liches, in true infested fashion they grow and adapt over time. Gaining traits and personality with each clash. Messy, organic, ad-hoc. For a hivemind, something like individuality isn't a freedom, it's a tool. So a Nemesis Strain answers to no one but itself, but it is becoming an individual for the hive's sake, and along the way, perhaps its own sake. If it is vanquished and returned to the hive, they don't need it anymore, as it's a failure. At least, in so far of being a free agent.

Much like the Sisters of Parvos, specters of warframes show up in the final fight. I imagine to reflect that Vanquished Infested Liches never truly die, simply get pulled back into the infestation as a template, you fight Thralls that are weaker and smaller; Previous Nemesis Strains that have walked the path the current Lich has, but have fallen. What was useful retained, and what no longer works relinquished. Namely their agency, and now they report to the new Nemesis Strain fighting you.

Lines like "We drive eachother's evolution." or "If I fall, my flesh will rise again." might be common motifs. Unlike the Sisters and Kuva Liches, infested never really needed or are want for Immortality. They already can resurrect in a way. So the only difference between a Lich Infested and a regular infested would be how much freedom it has, and how many resources it can borrow from the rest of the infestation in its adventure for personal growth in fighting you. It IS the boss. For now.

The only way to deny its purpose in-universe is to convert them, rather than vanquish them. Which is a neat idea, I was thinking. That probably isn't too different from mutation splintering a species off to be its own thing, and going against its own kind occasionally. In that case, it embraces its individuality and becomes your ally.

well, technically it doesn't have to be "we kill somebody and take their weapon"

so the nemesis itself does not necessarily need to be armed with that weapon.
the cannons of warframe are pretty bad already, you can just imagine that we kill some kind of a boss infested and find some sort of biological sequences that can act as a blueprint to make weapons, or upgrade an already existing weapon. 

i mean we already have infested weapons, i wouldn't mind a nemesis bubonico.
also, summoning a juggernaut-like creature as an on-call doesn't sound too bad. in a matter of act, i would ride one into battle.

7 hours ago, Enialyx said:

You know they are coming.

Get ready for that Mutagen Hema goodness.

I'm hoping that with Infested liches - which will be a thing, along with Infested Railjack missions - DE capitalize on the Infested's potential as an ever-changing scourge that keeps getting more and more dangerous as it spreads an evolves. I REALLY want Infested Liches to actually evolve physically as they rank up, and maybe even become more intelligent, perhaps going from the usual gurgling noises to being able to actually speak a few words. imagine how pant-wettingly terrifying it would be to find an infested that can actually speak to you and understand you, but still wants to consume you! ideally, they would start out as just a larger version of a regular unit, but as they rank up, they feed and metamorphose into unique, larger creatures, eventually becoming a behemoth in their own right. 

i am looking forward to seeing what weapons would get an upgraded version. I think older infested guns like Paracyst and Embolist definitely need some love, but I really want to see an upgraded Dual Toxocyst. plenty of potential for the unique weapons as well, and the Ephemeras could be interesting too: tentacles, infested nanite swarms, glowing boils on your frame etc. I'm really looking forward to the day the Infested finally get the love they deserve!

Archived