The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is Nyx good for?

(XBOX)Ancient Mutt

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Just because you use the augment doesn’t mean other do. Also besides eternal war the second augment for her 4 is a far better choice as it puts her 4’s damage near Baruuks 4’s level of damage. Don’t need to lock yourself into a ground finisher if your damage is already that high. 

Shadow also has more range meaning he’s going to be hitting more enemies and thus killing everything faster.

A faster attack speed doesn’t mean much when the Shadow is always going to be able to kill the enemies first.

Who kills more and first? Probably shadow because every ability can kill.

Le 01/10/2021 à 13:01, (PSN)Reaper330011 a dit :

However first of all, sevagoth is immortal.

Valkyr is the TANKIEST frame in the game for health and armor.

However, she is not immortal.

I don't agree. Sevagoth is not immortal : Shadow can easily dies before being able to revie you and sometimes there aren't five enemies near you to revive your frame. It happened to me on Steel Path missions, specially on the Void.

At the other hand, as I've said many times, Valkyr can be absolutely immortal, ignoring all damage for the entire mission, so no need to heal herself at every hit (just useless, as your health is always at max).

SHADOW can be used to revive other players without risking your neck.

Valkyr too, and better, beacause If Shadow dies while reviving an ally, he will probably die, but Valkyr can just ignore damage and revive everybody without danger.

In my personal opinion? Sevagoth. They can heal themselves and they are both immortal. Sevagoth heals squadmates incredibly fast as well and slows enemies. 

Magistar Sancti can do the same. Even though, I agree, this is the best point with Sevagoth : Gloom is really an excellent ability and I've infused it on some of my frames. I can also add that besides healing your allies, Gloom reduces theur speed up to -95%, which is a great crowd control (greater than Nova and Equinox speed reduction).

1. Spider man swing vs embrace. Embrace can pull much more enemies while spider man swing provides more mobility. Winner: Embrace, because bullet jumps can do the job and the point is to pull enemies in.

It's not this : it's Prolonged paralysis vs Embrace : Prolonged Paralysis has a 360° pull, and Embrace don't. It opens to ground finishers, which means fast kill and very high damage.

Overall winner: Embrace. Does not need an augment to be efficient.

It's Paralysis augment. I don't agree that there is a winner. They are different abilities. They make different things.

Rip line is a silent ability, can be used on allies, works on capture targets (which is not the case of Embrance), is mostly used for mobility.

Rip line and Embrace cannot be compared this way. You can only compare effectiveness of abilities for a certain purpose : as an exemple : which one is better to pull ennemis towards you ? Embrace, i think. Which one is better to fast finish capture missions ? Rip line. Which one is better to fast finish rescue missions ? Rip line. Which one is better to save your team mates ? Rip line. Which one is better to crowd control ? Embrace. Which one has a better enery efficiency ? Rip line. Everything depends on your purpose using the ability. No ablute comparison between two abilities is possible on Warframe.

Warcry Vs Death Harvest. Death harvest de buffs and leaves enemies vulnerable also it increases the death well so the shadow will last longer. Warcry increases attack speed and armor. What do you want? Be harder to kill or make enemies easier to kill.

It depends on preference but overall I think shadow still wins because like I mentioned earlier Sevagoth/shadow can revive you np, Sevagoth is immortal by default, you don’t need to be tanky if there’s no enemy to be tanky against, and gloom can do the slow thing. Attack speed is her thing though.

Sevagoth is not immortal at all. Steel path has proven this many and many times. Valkyr on the other hand is really immortal, just as Nyx (I'll put a link to my youtube video ont their immortal builds at the end of this message).

Warcry and Death Harvest depend on your weapons. Death Harvest debuffs enemies, but status effect put with more speed attack too. And they are to be used with the other abilities : Warcry with Paralysis and Death Harvest with Embrace and Consume. But Death Havest base damage vulnerabilty is just 50%, which is not very high. Warcry bade speed increase is just 50%, but ground finisher multiplier depends on your weapon and is much greater than damage vulnerability given by Death Harvest : just try Warcry+Paralysis (or Prolonged Paralysis) on Steel Path : it one shoot every steel path enemy due to ground finisher multiplier, but it won't happen with Dark harvest with high level steel path enemies.

Again : you must copare both based on a specific purpose : which one is better to kill normal enemirs or base steel path enemies ? Death Harvest, I think. Which one is better to easily get rid of high level enemies on Steel Path ? Warcry+Paralysis (or Prolonged Paralysis).

Paralysis Vs consume: Uncomparable but consume wins if you need more survivability. 

I agree you can't copare these both abilities, but Paralysis is also a great crowd control.

Every frame is unique. Here I’ve just tried to compare the most similar abilities between them.  Is up to what you like most though.

I ablolutely agree with you. My main frame is Banshee, with just 6%, this means I use every frame in the game very often. Prime and non prime versions. I love them all and I try to understand their mechanincs and how to make a better use of them. That's why I think Sevagoth and Valkyr are great frames, and very different frames.

Le 02/10/2021 à 03:43, EdinaMonsoon a dit :

she's my main for everything!

all you need is 125% strength for 100% defence strip. max her range and her 3 can disable the whole battlefield giving you a good few seconds to recover

replace her 1 with whatever you want though

That's really her great advantage: just one power strength mod to strip all defenses. Nyx is a real queen ! 👑

I've mentionned a few times a video I've made for my clan mates about an immortal build for Nyx (and Valkyr). Even though this video is a bit old (july 2021) and I've changed some mods, here is the link to access it (it's in French, sorry).

I've had some issues with my capture card and the video quality is not very good, sorry.

il y a 20 minutes, (NSW)AegisFifi a dit :

I don't agree. Sevagoth is not immortal : Shadow can easily dies before being able to revie you and sometimes there aren't five enemies near you to revive your frame. It happened to me on Steel Path missions, specially on the Void.

I say the same : Sevagoth is definetly not immortal at all. He is immortal only on low level mission, but not on Steel Path or Arbitrations. I got killed by an acolyte and I could not revive myself because it was a spy mission, there weren't five mobs around... And no need to be on Voïd missions : Corpus Steel Path can kill the Shadow so fast that you won't be able to revive yourself.

5 hours ago, (NSW)freedycurie said:

I say the same : Sevagoth is definetly not immortal at all. He is immortal only on low level mission, but not on Steel Path or Arbitrations. I got killed by an acolyte and I could not revive myself because it was a spy mission, there weren't five mobs around... And no need to be on Voïd missions : Corpus Steel Path can kill the Shadow so fast that you won't be able to revive yourself.

If enemies ARE around you he is 100% immortal because as your eating people your just regenerating insanely fast. I N S A N E L Y fast

as a matter of fact I took him to steel path on a 1 hr survival and died once when I went afk to switch my remote. Other than that he is completely immortal.

Sevagoth is the frakin bane of corpus. Level 100 corrupted railjack corpus aren’t able to do anything. 

5 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

At the other hand, as I've said many times, Valkyr can be absolutely immortal, ignoring all damage for the entire mission, so no need to heal herself at every hit (just useless, as your health is always at max).

Valkyr too, and better, beacause If Shadow dies while reviving an ally, he will probably die, but Valkyr can just ignore damage and revive everybody without danger.

Magistar Sancti can do the same. Even though, I agree, this is the best point with Sevagoth : Gloom is really an excellent ability and I've infused it on some of my frames. I can also add that besides healing your allies, Gloom reduces theur speed up to -95%, which is a great crowd control (greater than Nova and Equinox speed reduction).

It's not this : it's Prolonged paralysis vs Embrace : Prolonged Paralysis has a 360° pull, and Embrace don't. It opens to ground finishers, which means fast kill and very high damage.

It's Paralysis augment. I don't agree that there is a winner. They are different abilities. They make different things.

Rip line is a silent ability, can be used on allies, works on capture targets (which is not the case of Embrance), is mostly used for mobility.

Rip line and Embrace cannot be compared this way. You can only compare effectiveness of abilities for a certain purpose : as an exemple : which one is better to pull ennemis towards you ? Embrace, i think. Which one is better to fast finish capture missions ? Rip line. Which one is better to fast finish rescue missions ? Rip line. Which one is better to save your team mates ? Rip line. Which one is better to crowd control ? Embrace. Which one has a better enery efficiency ? Rip line. Everything depends on your purpose using the ability. No ablute comparison between two abilities is possible on Warframe.

Sevagoth is not immortal at all. Steel path has proven this many and many times. Valkyr on the other hand is really immortal, just as Nyx (I'll put a link to my youtube video ont their immortal builds at the end of this message).

Warcry and Death Harvest depend on your weapons. Death Harvest debuffs enemies, but status effect put with more speed attack too. And they are to be used with the other abilities : Warcry with Paralysis and Death Harvest with Embrace and Consume. But Death Havest base damage vulnerabilty is just 50%, which is not very high. Warcry bade speed increase is just 50%, but ground finisher multiplier depends on your weapon and is much greater than damage vulnerability given by Death Harvest : just try Warcry+Paralysis (or Prolonged Paralysis) on Steel Path : it one shoot every steel path enemy due to ground finisher multiplier, but it won't happen with Dark harvest with high level steel path enemies.

Again : you must copare both based on a specific purpose : which one is better to kill normal enemirs or base steel path enemies ? Death Harvest, I think. Which one is better to easily get rid of high level enemies on Steel Path ? Warcry+Paralysis (or Prolonged Paralysis).

I agree you can't copare these both abilities, but Paralysis is also a great crowd control.

I ablolutely agree with you. My main frame is Banshee, with just 6%, this means I use every frame in the game very often. Prime and non prime versions. I love them all and I try to understand their mechanincs and how to make a better use of them. That's why I think Sevagoth and Valkyr are great frames, and very different frames.

I’ve compared abilities based on general use and ability to kill enemies.

Sevagoth is 100% immortal and can blink and restore thousands of health.

shadow has full health Regen in a nano second.

you can’t ignored that embrace is a brilliant ability.

A nox is about to kill me! “Cmere lemme give you a hug. Embrace”.

The enemies are preventing me from hacking the console. “Lemme rip you apart then. Embrace+#)-;@)#) broken claws.

He looks hard to kill. “Embrace”

He’s dealing too much damage, “embrace”.

There’s a large group of heavies where I’m at. Can’t kill fast enough. “Embrace into a hug”.

it has countless uses and does not need any augment to be 100% efficient.

if your talking about saving allies, banish is best. 

don't agree. Sevagoth is not immortal : Shadow can easily dies before being able to revie you and sometimes there aren't five enemies near you to revive your frame. It happened to me on Steel Path missions, specially on the Void.

On 2021-10-01 at 7:01 PM, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Have you… actually fought a army of corrupted enemies above level 500? If you have then you should know armor and health will become entirely useless at that point. Sevagoth doesn’t have the armor valkyr has but like I said before he 

has extreme survivability. Let’s see,

Embrace. Hit an enemy when they deal too much damage or multiple enemies.

Consume. Max health Regen in a blink of the eye. On death provides free insta kills.

Desth Harvest. Debuffing and damage vulnerability. Makes enemies much more easy to kill.

Reunite. Can fully regenerate sevagoth’ health if you use shadow for long enough.

Reap. Even more damage vulnerability and does good damage with sow.

Sow. One of the few abilities that do true damage, which ignores all damage reductions. It comes in handy. Synergise with reap to explode enemies.

Gloom. Mass insta heal, slowed enemies.

Shadow access. Gives access to the shadow’s abilities and gives you the ability to fight without risking death.

We got damage vulnerability, debuffing, slowing, heal on both forms, a ability similar to larva, a great ability, a ability with true damage, and even more healing, as well as a passive that if used right, can make you immortal.

once I learned how to use Sevagoth I rarely ever die. He makes things so much easier.

Survivability and makes killing enemies easier

Banshee is undervalued and underrated. I’m getting the prime ASAP. 

they are great frames, although somewhat similar.

depending on the situation, for raw survivability and killing enemies Sevagoth and his shadow wins.

If you want to run into a fight and just walk on top of enemies, valkyr.

again the word here is p r e f e r e n c e.

Il y a 6 heures, (PSN)Reaper330011 a dit :

Have you… actually fought a army of corrupted enemies above level 500? If you have then you should know armor and health will become entirely useless at that point. Sevagoth doesn’t have the armor valkyr has but like I said before he 

Yes I did, and I do, that's why I use Valkyr and Nyx, as they are really immortal.

By the way, it's just the same for life regeneration : on high level missions, it's useless as they can kill you in just one shot. That's why on high level missions is better to prevent taking damage than being tanky or regenerating health. And if you can Shield gate, it's even better. It's very curious (and funny) to see that frames like Loki, Nyx, Zephyr, Xaku, Mag... and others that are not tanky can easily survive on high level missions, while tanky frames, whose survivabilty is based on armor, have a harder time (even though they can also do it).

Sevagoth is the frakin bane of corpus. Level 100 corrupted railjack corpus aren’t able to do anything. 

That's not my in game experience : I've a Sevagoth with armor, adaptation, high power strength and, even with Gloom active, I still can die, due to Corrupted enemies killing the Shadow before it can revive me : in reviving Shadow form you don't have any CC ability, it's very easy to die. I had this experience many and many times while I was making my video for beginners on how to use Sevagoth (and I'm not talking about Violence, that  dispells the Shadow, because she is a nightmare to all frames, with the exception of Banshee).

I just made a test on Simulacrum with 180 level enemies and they can kill Sevagoth (even with Gloom active) and the reviving Shadow with no real problem, preventing the Shadow from reviving Sevagoth.

it has countless uses and does not need any augment to be 100% efficient

An augment is just a mod to build the ability as any other range, efficiency or power mod. Any ability in this game needs mods to be 100% efficent. Try Embrace without mods, and you'll see it's not efficient. By the way, Sevagoth has no augment mod till this day, but Embrace can become much better with an Aug Mod in the future.

Valkyr's Paralysis is very efficient, the Aug mod just adds the pull, but even without its Aug Mod this ability is great and has a very low energy cost.

Il y a 7 heures, (PSN)Reaper330011 a dit :

Embrace. Hit an enemy when they deal too much damage or multiple enemies.

Enemies must be in range, which is not always the case, you can only pull enemies in front of you, while you're launching the ability, enemies can kill you from behind, and it doesn't work on Nullifiers while in thei bubble.

Consume. Max health Regen in a blink of the eye. On death provides free insta kills.

True, but you're vulnerable while flying, so you can die while launching this ability. Free instant kills are just to revive you. I've noticed that Inaros passive is more efficient than reviving Shadow on high level missions, while reviving shadow is much more efficient on low level missions, and the reason is that Shadow is not as fast as it's neccessary to survive : Shadow takes a lot of damage while trying to revive Sevagoth. By the way, Shadow don't have a great energy efficiency, so you can't spam abilities like that : you must have Hunter Adrenalie (I use it) or a maxed Arcane Energize to have enough energy to cast it's abilities all the time to stay alive.

Reunite. Can fully regenerate sevagoth’ health if you use shadow for long enough.

You can do it with Gloom.

Desth Harvest. Debuffing and damage vulnerability. Makes enemies much more easy to kill.

You can do it with Reap.

Sow. One of the few abilities that do true damage, which ignores all damage reductions. It comes in handy. Synergise with reap to explode enemies.

Not only with Reap, but also with Gloom to create a continuous life regeneration. You can use Sow before Reap to boost Reap's damage : as Sow bypasses Shields, it's very efficient against Corpus.

We got damage vulnerability, debuffing, slowing, heal on both forms, a ability similar to larva, a great ability, a ability with true damage, and even more healing, as well as a passive that if used right, can make you immortal.

Valkyr can also debuff (slow) enemies, buff allies, heal herself, put damage multiplier on enemies, be immortal, have a great mibility, fast finish some missions as Capture or Rescue, pack mobs, open to finishers. As I said, even though some abilities have some resemblances, Valkyr and Sevagoth are different frames and each one can do some things the other can't. To compare both, you must have a specific purpose.

Banshee is undervalued and underrated. I’m getting the prime ASAP. 

GREAT ! And she is so beautiful. Could you send me your Banshee customization ? I just love fashion frame ! 😄 Perhaps, when we'll have cross play, we could play together with double Banshee femme fatale ! 😜

they are great frames, although somewhat similar.

depending on the situation, for raw survivability and killing enemies Sevagoth and his shadow wins.

If you want to run into a fight and just walk on top of enemies, valkyr.

again the word here is p r e f e r e n c e.

Totally agree with you. PREFERENCE is the master word. 👍

If enemies ARE around you he is 100% immortal because as your eating people your just regenerating insanely fast. I N S A N E L Y fast

as a matter of fact I took him to steel path on a 1 hr survival and died once when I went afk to switch my remote. Other than that he is completely immortal.

You must have an insane build ! Could share it with us ? My Sevagoth can do base level Steel Path missions, but if enemy level gets higher and if I take a lot of damage and his passive Tombstone activates, sometimes (not always, most of the tile I can revive myself) I really die. By the way, Vasca Kavat can revive you much easily than Sevagoth's passive and it doesn't make your frame immortal at all.

1 hour ago, (NSW)freedycurie said:

You must have an insane build ! Could share it with us ? My Sevagoth can do base level Steel Path missions, but if enemy level gets higher and if I take a lot of damage and his passive Tombstone activates, sometimes (not always, most of the tile I can revive myself) I really die. By the way, Vasca Kavat can revive you much easily than Sevagoth's passive and it doesn't make your frame immortal at all.

I really would share my build but unfortunately it varies according to the appropriate situation :(.

90% of the time I can revive myself. That 10% is because of nullifier bubbles, enemies being too spread out or enemies with immunity to consume (like bosses).

I’d rather have a companion that can revive itself instead of me.

1 hour ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Valkyr can also debuff (slow) enemies, buff allies, heal herself, put damage multiplier on enemies, be immortal, have a great mibility, fast finish some missions as Capture or Rescue, pack mobs, open to finishers. As I said, even though some abilities have some resemblances, Valkyr and Sevagoth are different frames and each one can do some things the other can't. To compare both, you must have a specific purpose.

True.

anyway speaking of Sevagoth: He synergise really well with Harrow. Damage vulnerability + crit is good. Tested it on a steel path Deimos bounty. 

By the way, it's just the same for life regeneration : on high level missions, it's useless as they can kill you in just one shot. That's why on high level missions is better to prevent taking damage than being tanky or regenerating health. And if you can Shield gate, it's even better. It's very curious (and funny) to see that frames like Loki, Nyx, Zephyr, Xaku, Mag... and others that are not tanky can easily survive on high level missions, while tanky frames, whose survivabilty is based on armor, have a harder time (even though they can also do it).

But…. Hold on isn’t Sevagoth a good example?

he’s squishy but he survives well… also shadow tanky af. 1k+ armor. + insta heal.

True, but you're vulnerable while flying, so you can die while launching this ability. Free instant kills are just to revive you. I've noticed that Inaros passive is more efficient than reviving Shadow on high level missions, while reviving shadow is much more efficient on low level missions, and the reason is that Shadow is not as fast as it's neccessary to survive : Shadow takes a lot of damage while trying to revive Sevagoth. By the way, Shadow don't have a great energy efficiency, so you can't spam abilities like that : you must have Hunter Adrenalie (I use it) or a maxed Arcane Energize to have enough energy to cast it's abilities all the time to stay alive.

What? First of all every frame needs hunter adrenaline. It is a brilliant mod. I use it on every frame I have.

i feel like the thing about flying was made up on the spot though… I have never died while flying, the speed is way too fast, enemies can’t aim that well.  It’s preference again but I find shadow better because you can move, travel, try revive your friends instead of yourself and in some cases, save the mission.

Le 04/10/2021 à 11:24, (PSN)Reaper330011 a dit :

What? First of all every frame needs hunter adrenaline. It is a brilliant mod. I use it on every frame I have.

I use  Hunter Adrenaline on Inaros, Chroma, Sevagoth, Equinox, sometimes Atlas, sometimes Gara. It's not very usefull on some frames based on shield and whose survivability is based on shield gating, as Mag, Volt, Harrow, Hildryn (or any other frame with Rakta Dark dagger or Augur set mods), as in this situation your health will never be touched. I don't use it neither with frames with low armor and that survives otherways than resisting damage : such as Loki, Octavia and Ivara (invisibility), or Banshee (Silence and CC, even though Banshee is a good shield gater either)...

12 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

I use  Hunter Adrenaline on Inaros, Chroma, Sevagoth, Equinox, sometimes Atlas, sometimes Gara. It's not very usefull on some frames based on shield and whose survivability is based on shield gating, as Mag, Volt, Harrow, Hildryn (or any other frame with Rakta Dark dagger or Augur set mods), as in this situation your health will never be touched. I don't use it neither with frames with low armor and that survives otherways than resisting damage : such as Loki, Octavia and Ivara (invisibility), or Banshee (Silence and CC, even though Banshee is a good shield gater either)...

I use Harrow a lot. On sp his shields goes down way too fast.

Il y a 11 heures, (PSN)Reaper330011 a dit :

I use Harrow a lot. On sp his shields goes down way too fast.

You juste need ADAPTATION + maxed Arcanes Aegis and Barrier + Rakta Dark Dagger. He is almost immortal with this because of shield gating with high shields regeneration.

i'm working on a video about this right now.

34 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

You juste need ADAPTATION + maxed Arcanes Aegis and Barrier + Rakta Dark Dagger. He is almost immortal with this because of shield gating with high shields regeneration.

i'm working on a video about this right now.

I’m already immortal because his health NEVER permanently goes down. When my shields are about to go down I hit covenant , I mean he LITERALLY can’t die… If you got a good killing weapon and good energy mods your immortal because mass healing and thousands of damage converted into crit.

I don’t have the dagger YET

I have adaptation but didn’t spend any endo on it

don’t have the arcanes.

Archived