Are we allowed to create and play on more than 1 warframe account?

Radu955

Question

I want to create another account because I want to trade more but I also don't want to get banned so I decided to ask.

Also does anyone know of a way to transfer platinum from one account to another without needing a 3rd person to act as an intermediary or a second pc?

2 minutes ago, Radu955 said:

I want to create another account because I want to trade more but I also don't want to get banned so I decided to ask.

Also does anyone know of a way to transfer platinum from one account to another without needing a 3rd person to act as an intermediary or a second pc?

Was wondering about this too.  Like sometimes you make that mistake of using up all your plat in the beginning.

You can have multiple accounts as long as they never interact with each other.
This means no trading, no being in the same clan, etc.

They should be completely separate for all intents and purposes.

4 minutes ago, Radu955 said:

This will get your accounts banned.
DE does not allow accounts that exist to try to farm plat discounts and have banned people in the past for that reason.

And even if that's not what you're planning on using it for, it is too much of a possibility.

If you do make 2 accounts they can't trade with each other at all.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

How about another account on the same device?

As long as there is zero interaction between the accounts?  Perfectly fine.
It only becomes a problem if you use one account for riven storage to get around the riven cap, or to farm for plat discounts and trade plat back and forth between your two accounts, or use your alternate accounts to artificially boost your clan score in clan events (which is why its not a good idea to have your multiple accounts in the same clan).

Basically as long as your two accounts are completely separate there is not a problem.
I've created a few new accounts to test things but have never had them interact with my main account.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

They should be completely separate for all intents and purposes.

This will get your accounts banned.
DE does not allow accounts that exist to try to farm plat discounts and have banned people in the past for that reason.

And even if that's not what you're planning on using it for, it is too much of a possibility.

If you do make 2 accounts they can't trade with each other at all.

As long as there is zero interaction between the accounts?  Perfectly fine.
It only becomes a problem if you use one account for riven storage to get around the riven cap, or to farm for plat discounts and trade plat back and forth between your two accounts, or use your alternate accounts to artificially boost your clan score in clan events (which is why its not a good idea to have your multiple accounts in the same clan).

Basically as long as your two accounts are completely separate there is not a problem.
I've created a few new accounts to test things but have never had them interact with my main account.

Could we use it for storage if for example, crossplay cames out. One new account is on my PC.

My PSN account or my PS4 console has a problem so it will be deleted, so I trade with my PC  account to store my mods and plat for when my account gets deleted. 

Does this still count? (Because I mean, some things take MONTHS of farming).

3 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

long as there is zero interaction between the accounts?  Perfectly fine.

My PS4 has several accounts. 3 for guests, and a few more for my fam.  Nobody other than myself plays warframe so if I were to gift a bunch of stuff to a guest account then delete my main account and start maiming the guest account, would it still violate the rules?

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Could we use it for storage if for example, crossplay cames out. One new account is on my PC.

My PSN account or my PS4 console has a problem so it will be deleted, so I trade with my PC  account to store my mods and plat for when my account gets deleted. 

Does this still count? (Because I mean, some things take MONTHS of farming).

DE has been pretty strict on their "No trading" policy, especially since there have been a few highish profile cases of people using alternate accounts to store rivens and get tons of cheap plat.

If you're 100% sure that the account would be deleted then I would check with DE.  They might be able to 'migrate' some data over...but that will of course only be known later when crossplay and the like starts actually being fleshed out.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

My PS4 has several accounts. 3 for guests, and a few more for my fam.  Nobody other than myself plays warframe so if I were to gift a bunch of stuff to a guest account then delete my main account and start maiming the guest account, would it still violate the rules?

Again you would need to check with DE as that could easily trip some flags and seem very suspicious.  Without knowing the context that would look like someone had their account hijacked and their stuff was being siphoned off to another account.  Situations like that usually result in a ban for the second account, rollback and freeze for the first one until the original account owner gets in contact with DE and unfreezes the account.

Depending on your exact circumstances I would see about contacting support and explaining your exact issues.
Depending on the exact circumstances DE might allow it or provide some service, though its impossible to predict what their answer would be.

All I know is that if you did what you are saying it might trip an account alert and cause some problems.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Was wondering about this too.  Like sometimes you make that mistake of using up all your plat in the beginning.

Starting platinum that you get is none tradable , this is to prevent platinum farming via alt account creation .

Also trading between your accounts will result in BAN .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

DE has been pretty strict on their "No trading" policy, especially since there have been a few highish profile cases of people using alternate accounts to store rivens and get tons of cheap plat.

If you're 100% sure that the account would be deleted then I would check with DE.  They might be able to 'migrate' some data over...but that will of course only be known later when crossplay and the like starts actually being fleshed out.

Again you would need to check with DE as that could easily trip some flags and seem very suspicious.  Without knowing the context that would look like someone had their account hijacked and their stuff was being siphoned off to another account.  Situations like that usually result in a ban for the second account, rollback and freeze for the first one until the original account owner gets in contact with DE and unfreezes the account.

Depending on your exact circumstances I would see about contacting support and explaining your exact issues.
Depending on the exact circumstances DE might allow it or provide some service, though its impossible to predict what their answer would be.

All I know is that if you did what you are saying it might trip an account alert and cause some problems.

Alright thanks. Clears things up.

Hmm ok. What about my other question?

You can have as many account as you want , you can play with them on the same machine .

As long your account do not interact with one another ( trading , be in the same clan , be in the same mission instance ) you are good to go .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bad4youLT said:

You can have as many account as you want , you can play with them on the same machine .

As long your account do not interact with one another ( trading , be in the same clan , be in the same mission instance ) you are good to go .

Can they be in the same clan but only a single account makes vault donations/pariticipates in clan events? (This damn typo) And could the first account gift something to the second account which is then traded to another person by the second account?

Can they be in the same clan but only a single account makes vault donations/pariticipates in clan events? (This damn typo) And could the first account gift something to the second account which is then traded to another person by the second account?

No

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Radu955 said:

This is a Guaranteed Ban....

You may have multiple Accounts but those accounts are forbidden from Interacting with each other in anyway Directly or Indirectly...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Here is a comment by @Letter13 saying that alt accounts can be in the same clan:

However, keep in mind that Letter13 is a Forum moderator, not a DE staff member, and might not necessarily be the final word on this. To be safe, I'd stay out of the same clan.

Layman : I have MyAccount as main yay! and I can make MyAccount2, 3... 900... whatever number I like.

I play now in like 1000 Clans- all good

However if you do any, some or all the following:-

MyAccount4 trades with MyAccount7- they ban all my accounts

MyAccount800, MyAccount4, MyAccount400 and MyAccount347 take on Ropalolyst as one party- all my accounts are banned

MyAccount10, MyAccount139 and MyAccount285 make or join same clan- all my accounts are banned

MyAccount, MyAccount643 and MyAccount702 hang out and chat in Fortuna, Orbiter, Clan Dojo - all my accounts are banned

MyAccount trades with AwesomeFriend01, AwesomeFriend01 then trades those exact items to MyAccount447 - no ban as the friend as go-between is preventing my accounts from interacting.

Are we all getting it now?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Layman : I have MyAccount as main yay! and I can make MyAccount2, 3... 900... whatever number I like.

I play now in like 1000 Clans- all good

However if you do any, some or all the following:-

MyAccount4 trades with MyAccount7- they ban all my accounts

MyAccount800, MyAccount4, MyAccount400 and MyAccount347 take on Ropalolyst as one party- all my accounts are banned

MyAccount10, MyAccount139 and MyAccount285 make or join same clan- all my accounts are banned

MyAccount, MyAccount643 and MyAccount702 hang out and chat in Fortuna, Orbiter, Clan Dojo - all my accounts are banned

MyAccount trades with AwesomeFriend01, AwesomeFriend01 then trades those exact items to MyAccount447 - no ban as the friend as go-between is preventing my accounts from interacting.

Are we all getting it now?

Yes. But wait…how about if we made the account but we don’t use it? Does that cancel everything out?

Like I make my account

Reaper330011

Theb I make another account

ReaperOfDeath666 for example, 

i give my reaper of death account to another guy, so does that cancel everything out if I talk/trade with that other account?

Edited by (PSN)Reaper330011

10 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Wrong.  This is a violation of the EULA as well.  This is still intentional account interaction, even though you found a way to circumvent the rules.