Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

learn the warframe.market prices instead of the wiki prices for frames. (learn from my mistake if your a new player)

bonelesswater123

32 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Its a Free Market

there is No Final Word on what the Price is.

Not even Warframe Market -quit acting like this is some kind of Union, because it isn't.

So buy and sell whatever at number you want, it either moves or it doesn't.

You could prob buy it at 1p or a common mod. The competition in are market is full of kids or old accounts that just give stuff away. For now only arcanes are worth selling. Some time soon even there price is going to drop to the ludicrous low price levels everything else is at.

On that note if your not on PC sell every thing you can. As soon as we merge gl selling for a price worth your time.

il y a 56 minutes, (PSN)haphazardlynamed a dit :

Its a Free Market

Not even Warframe Market -quit acting like this is some kind of Union, because it isn't.

It's a compendium of the latest transactions for every tradable item in the game, you can't do better than that in terms of guideline when trying to figure out a fair price for something.

Why so quick to the trigger about it ? As you say, everyone is free to buy and sell at any price, but everyone is also free to check the prices other people operate on.

You wouldn't be mad about it because warframe market got in the way of you scamming poorly informed players wouldn't you ? That would be preposterous.

compared to my new player days, everything feels dirt cheap already now. market website value keeps changing, if some item is in demand it will be priced high or if something drops like candy then even though its widely used it will be cheap. like for example recently i learned about new secondary and primary arcanes, they feel like vital arcanes now, without them your weapon build feels incomplete. i was worried that i will need 100s of plat for rank 5 arcane, but surprised to see people selling it for 15-20p lol

so it's a good place to refer a item's current worth, but doesn't mean everyone accepts the value.

7 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

compared to my new player days, everything feels dirt cheap already now. market website value keeps changing, if some item is in demand it will be priced high or if something drops like candy then even though its widely used it will be cheap. like for example recently i learned about new secondary and primary arcanes, they feel like vital arcanes now, without them your weapon build feels incomplete. i was worried that i will need 100s of plat for rank 5 arcane, but surprised to see people selling it for 15-20p lol

so it's a good place to refer a item's current worth, but doesn't mean everyone accepts the value.

It was 100s of plat, primary merciless was 350p R5 in the first week but since its a guaranteed and supply was high the price soon fell to peanuts in few weeks 

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Its a Free Market

There are no actual free markets anymore. Everything is heavily regulated and controlled. The idealised free market that was supposed to fix everything, never existed in practice. 

11 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

It was 100s of plat, primary merciless was 350p R5 in the first week but since its a guaranteed and supply was high the price soon fell to peanuts in few weeks 

that's exactly what i said " if something drops like candy then even though its widely(high demand) used it will be cheap"

Its almost like we should have an in-game Marketplace so people can check prices in the game instead of relying on third party sites. 

Oh, and just because i know the immediate reply to this will be "But it'll crash every price down to 1p!", No, it wouldnt. The supply of 1p items would be instantly removed from the market any time they showed up and then resold for a much higher price. Don't believe me? You need only look at MMOs like FFXIV and WoW to see it in action. Any time something absurdly cheap shows up on the marketboard, it is immediately snatched and resold for profit. 
In addition, People wouldn't be willing to let go of anything of value for 1p due to the static nature of Platinum prices on DE's side. It is in the community's best interest to maintain Platinum prices in the market at a decent level. 

Lastly, It doesn't have to be a traditional MMO auction house. 
It can literally just be a big board in Maroo's listing the prices people are willing to buy/sell an item for and a Contact button on the side. Functionally behaving exactly like warframe.market but inside the game. 
Except there can be limits placed on the number of items you can list at once. Probably setting that number to the same limit we have on the sign you hold up when trading in game would be a good idea. 

1 minute ago, Reitrix said:

The supply of 1p items would be instantly removed from the market any time they showed up and then resold for a much higher price.

yes, people would play, automate, bot the market. why exactly should DE spend time and money to create an environment actual humans will have a hard time using? because I can't remember one MMO with a market system that is not botted to S#&$, or has absurdly inflated prices.

6 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

yes, people would play, automate, bot the market. why exactly should DE spend time and money to create an environment actual humans will have a hard time using? because I can't remember one MMO with a market system that is not botted to S#&$, or has absurdly inflated prices.

Did you miss the part where i explicitely stated it would work exactly like how warframe.market does?
To educate you, You need to manually contact the person listing the item and then organize a trade in person. 

If you manage to get scammed by a bot that yoiu have to invite to your dojo and personally engage with, thats on you. 

So anything being sold for 1 plat would need the buyer to contact the person, set up the trade, go to  the dojo and then complete the trade. 

The fact that warframe.market exists is indicative of the playerbase wanting such a feature. And notice how it hasn't just devolved into everything being either 1 plat or 1 million plat despite operating for years? 
So yes, DE should absolutely put that into the game.

PS: You fail to recognise that MMO's don't use premium currencies for their auction houses. People don't tend to place any value on a costless, infinitely generating currency. 

7 hours ago, bonelesswater123 said:

I was trying mirage prime with 58p because i looked at the warframe wiki without knowing about the market prices, and got some players heavily typing scammer and couldnt get a word in before they hit the ignore button.

Im not gonna make fun of you because jokes write them self so enough is enough

But i got 1 serious question that may sound funny which believe me in fact is deadly serious

IF you see on some market's site price of idk smartphone lets say "samsung S4K" and the price is 200$
Would you even assume that it will also be 200$ on ebay?
OR
Would you even assume if its 200$ on ebay it will be 200$ on any other auction site?

Again i am far from making fun of you i just try to understand something here

3 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

You wouldn't be mad about it because warframe market got in the way of you scamming poorly informed players wouldn't you ? That would be preposterous.

The world goes 'round from taking advantage of education differences, especially in the world of economics and politics. 

People in Warframe like to jump on a moral high ground when trading, but they often omit the fact that the other party is just playing the market.

3 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

It's a compendium of the latest transactions for every tradable item in the game,

Implying all transactions are manually marked by all players with the actual price sold, and there is no manipulation or bartering at all. 

Which is not true.

il y a 35 minutes, (PSN)haphazardlynamed a dit :

Thank you

in fact I don't want to engage with you period. Gonna add you to my very long Ignore list. Suggest you do the same to me.

Man... you'd think that, if you had a point, you might have wanted to expand on it... shame...

il y a 13 minutes, Voltage a dit :

The world goes 'round from taking advantage of education differences, especially in the world of economics and politics. 

People in Warframe like to jump on a moral high ground when trading, but they often omit the fact that the other party is just playing the market.

Hum... so because some people get scammed irl, that makes it ok here ?

Hey, some people profit from other people's unhealthy addictions... if they're doing it, that must be ok right ?

Also I fail to see how playing the market is bad in any way. Care to make an actual point ?

il y a 20 minutes, T-Shark69 a dit :

Implying all transactions are manually marked by all players with the actual price sold, and there is no manipulation or bartering at all. 

Which is not true.

I never said it's perfect, you're just putting words in my mouth here.

I just said it can be a useful tool to avoid getting charged triple what you should have been.

6 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

I never said it's perfect, you're just putting words in my mouth here.

What are you talking about? I replied to the specific bit I quoted.  It's not a compendium of the latest transactions. It's a compendium of some of them which are not even tamper proof. 

What you should've taken from that is : If it's not accurate, don't promote it nor take is as baseline.

Archived