Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do listen to music while playing warframe? What are your favorites?

Deshiel

I've been consinstently playing warframe since it launched on steam for many years and so while grinding I had to come up with something to spice up my grind. 

That something was simply killing the ingame music and firing something from my Winamp or Youtube playlists. I also make my own music specificaly for grinding, but I won't be showing that here.

So here are my top 5 songs/compilations that I fire on repeat while I grind in warframe and I am also curious about your choices, maybe I'll like it and borrow it :)

MDK 2

The entire soundtrack of Unreal Tournament 2004

Ginnugagap from Therion

This anime and its composer

For some reason Half of Blood Dragon soundtrack turned my warframe run into pure coitus

Yeah, ended up muting Warframe through PC settings. After all this time, it just gives me headaches. Especially if I'm using headphones. 

What I listen to is random. Could be the soundtrack to Life is Strange, something peaceful like the music from Stardew Valley.

Sometimes just some 3 hour video of k-pop. Other times I just put autoplay on YouTube and let it take me to whatever song.

Not to picky with what I listen to, it's just background noise.

6 minutes ago, Hello said:

Yeah, ended up muting Warframe through PC settings. After all this time, it just gives me headaches. Especially if I'm using headphones. 

What I listen to is random. Could be the soundtrack to Life is Strange, something peaceful like the music from Stardew Valley.

Sometimes just some 3 hour video of k-pop. Other times I just put autoplay on YouTube and let it take me to whatever song.

Not to picky with what I listen to, it's just background noise.

I go over dozen tracks a day myself, these are favorites that I come back to after listening to hoard of other stuff and they also sort of summarize my genre preferences

Ah I see Therion. I love the whole Secrets of the Runes album.

When it comes to music I'm a big metal, rock, hard rock, punk and viking rock head. It pretty much ranges from some John Fogerty all the way to the outer reaches of the extreme metal scene, like Marduk, Mayhem, Watain, Dark Throne and Dark Funeral. What never comes out of my speakers would be Hip-Hop, RnB, Rap and other crap like that.

9 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

I used to listen to a lot of music when gaming, but nowadays I use sound cues to aid in gameplay so that I don't have to switch the focus of my sight as often as I would have to do when playing with music on.

I spent a decade playing Moviebattles 2 for jedi academy with nearly no sounds because all the heavy industrial metal and agressive dnb were always muting everything else. I didnt need to hear anything at the time because I played it so much I got everything down to a hunch, even player behavior haha

Sometimes I’d like to listen to music, but I rely on sound cues too much 😐. There have been times where I’d be like “That fight would have been awesome with this particular soundtrack I’d listened to in the past”, and I’ve tried before, but it was like putting a blindfold over my ears 😋.

🤔 I forgot actually that part of the reason I started recording gameplay footage was to try assigning cool music after the fact. Just never get the time to do more than recording, which is a shame

edit: If I were to listen to music, it’d be akin to the UT 2004 soundtrack, or something with a good epic beat (although gentle music as a fight happens can be pretty cool too, like Gwyn from Darksouls 1)

I listen to podcasts mostly, educational or comedy stuff the likes of McElroy family podcasts or TMG. Sometimes if I don't feel like paying attention I'll listen to long playlists of cowboy music or oldies. Otherwise I just turn up the game and enjoy the ambience.

Archived