Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats your fav weapon for Ivara steel path??

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

Question

Whats your favorite weapon to use on Ivara to kill steel path enemies??

I recently changed up my Ivara.. I think she was max efficiency a tiny bit less duration.   Now she has a ton of durations and only alittle efficiency.  Also added prime flow (800+) energy lol.  With the change I have noticed something.  I used to run sorties and stuff with her all the time so I thought I would have noticed before but......    NOW when I melee from stealth it majorly drains her energy.   In my old set up where I only had like 200+ energy and max efficiency I never noticed melee draining my energy...     Is that a thing??   There is no other reason for the energy drain.   Also shooting doesnt seem to drain energy either (normal weapons, not artemis).     Or is Ivara bugged and melee should not be draining her energy ??    In steel path beating on guys can be pretty detrimental since they have so much HP.  

------------

I have a few spy nodes left on SP but now that I have done so many I kinda like them for Simaris standing.   But on ps4 enemies get recycled on tiles.   If I scan and steal from 15-30 guys on one or two tiles and dont kill any of them... then those guys just get picked up and moved to other tiles and I cant scan or steal anymore lol.   So its best to kill as I go.

I guess I should focus more on making a dope Stealth Kill melee.  Some of the big guys survive my attempts.   But also if a scan a room full of enemies and then start killing them bodies start getting spotted and I cant stealth kill those alerted guys.

--------------

Maybe replace 4 w/ Lull ?

Doesnt really matter but I use Shade with my ivara but I Have anti grav array on shade an my Ivara has some air mods..maybe the -100% gravity one.   I really love that combo on ivara and highly recommend them.   

Also there is a parazon mod that lets you have 30% chance to auto hack consoles.   One of the moa's has a precept that lets them auto hack as well.   These are great...  Problem with moa's for me tho is they walk around and dont keep up well.  Its extremely easy for them to die to traps and what not.  In spy missions each cache usually has a door and a cache that you gotta hack...  my moa would usually only do one of those things per cache which was still a huge help.  But I got tired of baby sitting it. 

---------------

Railjack spy's still dont count towards nightwave =(

--------------

Weapons I have used...Komorex <3(but a giant turd stat wise), Rubi, Probiscus, Opticor Vandal, Spira prime.

Im loath to rely on headshots... but how does arcane deadshot work.  Does it work on the 1st guy you headshot or only on the ones after?  Hmmm I know I have energize on but im not sure what my other normal arcane is...im not sure any headshot arcanes help with up front damage...  Hmmmm and I think I already sacrificed one my radar mods in my exilus slot to the air mod.  I dont think I can or want to replace my aura......  my current ivara I can go hunting with and do any spy.. I dont wanna have two builds.. thats a pain...  not that I go hunting often....hmmmm

24 answers to this question

Well it is Ivara, not exactly brawler... Just give her Bow and Glaive so she makes happy noises. Put volatile return on Glaive to give it nice boom, you probably want to remain in prowl and take out foes in assassin way so IIRC Daikyu have insane damage, or put silencing mod on sniper rifle. You basically want her as Ash with tits 

Ivara 

Melee = Redeemer prime is best in slot steel path.

Its range / silent and melee type weapon power, so cant really go wrong with it.  you dont want to do real melee with ivara in steel path their is to many nullfier type mobs get near them your unstealthed and dead instantly.  This is why redeemer prime is so good here.  Benifit of a gunblade its silent for ivara, and works range as a melee weapon, so you get the best of all worlds.  Its got the power to kill really good in steal path.  if you set redeemer up for good condition overload build, you can go crazy red crit numbers -d stack combo multiplier mods and the damage ramps up insane the more you use it.  It also 1-3 shots mobs in steel path even without ramping up 1st -d

Main weapon i use Zhuge prime, i have a really really good riven for it.

2ndary weapon - well im sad face here - DE nerfed GAS into oblivion so its not usefull at all any more except for mobs under level 25.  used pox with gas toss it with radiation and it was the best area effect bubble de nullifer in the game before the nerf that is, now i got no 2ndary really to use with her since the nerf havent found a good replacement yet that is strong enough for steel path for nullifers and shields.

Lucky the redeemer prime covers and kills alot of nullifer stuff its got alot of power, so just use that n go to town.  even those new bosses that spawn on ya in steel path.  Stand their shoot em in the face till dead stealthed cheezy easy.  if not stealthed some of em are a real pain to kill before they kill you.

Like another suggested, alternative is to just pick any bigprimary weapon you like use hush mod can blast big groups dead when the need fits

Ivara using for Simaris on SP is IMHO the best way to do it.

Unless you're really unlucky or clumsy you'll max out your daily amount with Simaris in a single mission. I know I do and I have legendary 1 rank.

On top of that, when you constantly go for melee kills (stealth melee kill bonus) you'll also rank up a big amount of standing for whatever school you have lens applied on your frame and melee weapon, if you still have schools that aren't maxed out.

The only thing to keep in mind is to use your sleep arrows when you come across a group.

Only on big maps, with targets scattered far from each other, it can happen that I have to recast my prowl once during the mission but in most cases I just cast it at the very beginning and don't come out of invisibility until I hit the exit. Learning how to step-step-roll, amongst other methods, will help with not feeling as if you're crawling through the map.

Once I have all my scans done for the day I might shoot things. For the moment I enjoy using my Sancti Tigris. Except for the really though ones I still take them out with just letting them having both barrels at point blank range.  :)

wrt stealth killing and getting rid of corpses fast: either 100% heat, blast, radiation or corrosive stat with some overkill damage will do that for you.  They make the corpses disintegrate fast right after they drop, so they're gone in a very short while (often before the next enemy comes round the corner).  When I run with my Arca Plasmor it already makes the bodies go poof during the death animation itself (sort of white-balloony-floaty like).  I've literally killed grineer with my Arca while their buddies were standing behind them, and they didn't flinch at all.  Ferrox does the same iirc.

Another way is to use bows from underneath, and just pin the bodies to the ceiling lol.  Sometimes not easy to consistently pull, but fun nonetheless.  A similar thing is using the Ignis which can push bodies out of the way; sometimes you can use it to sweep bodies over the edge of a cliff.

I get the single dagger love now..  You get 160% finisher damage instead of 60%.  Single daggers have Covert Lethality.   I wanted my ether daggers to work but =(.  But I still have my killer Balla/Dagger zaw!!!  I have stealth killed everything I have made an attempt on!  (havent had no luck making corpses disappear.   

I totally had to go back to using a Moa.   Moa and Sentinels can both use  Anti-grav Array to improve your jumping.   But only a moa also has Tractor Beam.   Tractor beam + the amalgum mod im using gives me -150% gravity lol.   She should float away into the sky when i jump but she dont lol.   If im not moving I can jump straight up and just get rozen mid-air.  This really screws up Acolytes lol.   But huge jumps and massive airglide time is super fun on ivara.  

--------------

Havent messed with her guns yet.  Opti vandal kicks so much ass vs acolytes...  I wanna try out primary deadhead arcane tho i have an R5.  

------------

As for ensnare...i only have half a khora from sanctuary lol.   Just did 11 rounds for nw tonight and got 0 pieces.  I dont use Khora... I could totally sacrifice the one i got... 

SO/ESO has become the land of AoE lol...

The Vitrica will carve through SP enemies like nothing, and you have all the set up time you need to safely use its gimmick while in Prowl.  I haven't even tested it against acolytes since I finished SP before they were added to it and now if I run SP it's specifically to kill acolytes, so I go in prepped for them, and haven't tested Vitrica against them.

If you're going for stealth finishers, Hammers have a x12 multiplier on their finishers.  The Karyst Prime is also really good.

If you want guns, just slap a silencer mod into the exilus slot and take whichever one you know works.

On 2021-09-30 at 6:20 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I totally get max efficiency builds.. I had that for awhile.  But the amount of time it takes to steal stuff in prowl is based on duration.  I got like 300% duration now and it takes .8 seconds to pick pocket(more than needed to cap time but the extra duration is to get my prowl efficiency back to .25energy/sec.   I havent stopped to consider if super fast pick pocketing is worth the drop in stealthed melee efficiency...  Its just making my more reliant on sniping which is not better or worse just different....   (but melee is more than just killing,  its also movement and breaking loot boxes) hmmmmm......

you don't have to pick one or the other, you can just stack Duration on top of good Efficiency and then you get both tbh
easy to get to like 1.1Sec steal time.

On 2021-09-30 at 6:20 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

In terms of the weapon feedback so far...  truth is im not that into headshots.  I have  bows and snipers and throwning weapons.   And my last two weapons were Probiscus and Opti Vandal.   Opti has a nice fat beam that can hit multiple guys.  It also flings corpses...

Concentrated Arrow is an augment right for artemis?  Im loathe to lose another mod slot on ivara.  I already use infiltrator.  Also that is more energy drain...  

it's pretty wurf IMO - it was already good to begin with and then like i said with Galvanized Multi-Shot and Internal Bleeding it's suitable for deleting basically any Enemies you ever come across.
it's also able to hit up to about a 30 Meter Radius, through Walls! so you only have to Headshot one dude, and the entire Tile is wiped. 

I understand not wanting to give up a slot for Concentrated Arrow, its just popular as a synergy with Ensnare and Internal Bleeding. Plus even if you do not like trying to get headshots, Ensnare makes it easier. As someone who also loves Daikyu, whilst it might not as be effective, it would definitely still be fun. I tend to still default to Glaive and Stropa more often. 

I use Rubico Prime (silenced), Tenet Cycron (silenced), and Glaive Prime.  Ivara is my top pick for most solo incursions, or at least she was until I gathered up enough of the new weapon arcanes to max them all out.  Why?  Because, god love her, she's kind of slow.  And if you move through those missions too quickly, the acolytes don't spawn.

Also stealth is OP and acolytes are an absolute cake walk with Ivara.  Violence can be a little dodgy if you aren't paying attention (Silence), but a single Glaive Prime explosion will bleed it down regardless.

As far as the Helminth goes, I ditched Navigator and replaced it with Empower.  Empower does really well with snapshot powers like Ivara's 3 and 4.

Welp forgot to try stars...  I did equip the finisher damage mod on my swords... I had to do LUA Spy for SP daily yesterday =/.   OMG how I hate that mission lol.   Timed out on my second attempt at 54 minutes...  the enemies are like a cross-exterminate grineer and corpus fighting each other so stealth killing from behind isnt really an option but I did kill anyone I could perform it on so im happy with that...  

Hmmm maybe khora ensnare + daikyu would be nice combo.  I could headshot all day like that and it would be good for acolytes.   Switch back to an efficiency build/strength build.

I dont think i've fed khora to helminth yet..guess I will do that...   

I gloom slows targets though right??  A gloomy ivara sounds cool to..  I can see stealth killing guys in front of their friends and then stealth killing them before they can react lol.   Ultimate terror Ivara heh.   

4 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I totally get max efficiency builds.. I had that for awhile.  But the amount of time it takes to steal stuff in prowl is based on duration.  I got like 300% duration now and it takes .8 seconds to pick pocket(more than needed to cap time but the extra duration is to get my prowl efficiency back to .25energy/sec.   I havent stopped to consider if super fast pick pocketing is worth the drop in stealthed melee efficiency...

This is all personal preference of course but I never feel the need for building for minimum energy drain prowl.  In the exact same game play scenario that you are talking about... steel path simaris scanning / killing scanned enemies... I run a build with

183% duration

100% efficiency

100% range

154% power strength

Mod wise, it's just the basics with preparation in the exilus and two augments for prowl and shuriken (infused over navigator).  This gives me a  standing energy drain of 0.55.  High by most players standards.  My prowl steal time is 1.37 seconds and I'll admit that is a bit slow, but I'm not trying to steal EVERY enemy.  I'm only stealing enough to get sufficient energy orbs to proc arcane energize.  Energize is what keeps up energy more so than anything else.

The power strength is for a better speed boost from infiltrator.  I don't use shuriken much but it's nice to have to strip armor from heavies like a gunner or nox.

Spira prime is my secondary and if you ask me it's a pretty underrated weapon.  I rarely use a primary weapon. 

On the melee energy drain thing I'm a bit confused by your problem with it.  Are you just going ham attacking with something?  Between stealth finishers and heavy attacks spamming light attacks just isn't necessary.

Hmm interesting comments so far.   

I get not killing on Ivara for general stealthy gameplay.  But like I said if I am farming Simaris Standing I have to kill all enemies as I go or they get recycled and stop giving standing/having stuff to steal (energy lol).  

I totally get max efficiency builds.. I had that for awhile.  But the amount of time it takes to steal stuff in prowl is based on duration.  I got like 300% duration now and it takes .8 seconds to pick pocket(more than needed to cap time but the extra duration is to get my prowl efficiency back to .25energy/sec.   I havent stopped to consider if super fast pick pocketing is worth the drop in stealthed melee efficiency...  Its just making my more reliant on sniping which is not better or worse just different....   (but melee is more than just killing,  its also movement and breaking loot boxes) hmmmmm......

-----------------

In terms of the weapon feedback so far...  truth is im not that into headshots.  I have  bows and snipers and throwning weapons.   And my last two weapons were Probiscus and Opti Vandal.   Opti has a nice fat beam that can hit multiple guys.  It also flings corpses...

I wonder how Hikou Primes would work in SP lol.  I think they are stat heavy, tons of multi.... that was before new galv mods...  

Concentrated Arrow is an augment right for artemis?  Im loathe to lose another mod slot on ivara.  I already use infiltrator.  Also that is more energy drain...  

----------------------

Have I heard people say that radiation or corrosion dissolves corpses???  Do they have to die to the status effect or just from the damage type??  Maybe that would be something awesome to take advantage of so other enemies do not get semi alerted from corpses......  (doubt it happens fast enough lol)

Im just theory crafting with all of this..   I hate spy missions and dont farm simaris that much (I just buy pet rivens).   But I do use her to hunt/fish, sortie spy,  sp spy which happen a little every weak.    I obsessed over trying to color mine to blend into Cambion Drift but it didnt last..  

Tbh if I'm using Ivara for a mission the mission type isn't going to be something that requires killing, eg Spy missions

That being said, I do take the Fulmin with me as it packs a punch and primary fire is silent.

As for Helminth, I use Perspicacity. It's a nice get out of jail free card if I'm doing something where ciphers are banned and I need a guaranteed hack in a pinch. I binned Navigator for it.

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

Another weapon who's stats don't look that good is the Sporothrix, but it probably has the highest ability to scale out of all snipers.

Ensnare? Perfect synergy with CA, giving you easy headshots and grouping. And it's also more interactive/fun (and fits better with at least my build) than something like Eclipse.

one of my favorites! Lanka is my best friend forever but Sporothrix is very unique and interesting <3

i could use Ensnare, yes. it would be a good choice to go with Concentrated Arrow should i choose to infuse something.

A few depending on what build I use. I usually tend to have plus efficiency though and I didn't know melee costed extra energy either till now. I never notice. Anyway, Stropha and Glaive Prime, and a silenced Rubico. Stropa and Glaive are silent already since melee, and both do long range attacks, Glaive does a lot of bleed, Stropha builds combo fast and/or heavy attack is great. Will bring Rubico if I need it for Acolytes/Stalker depending on situation. 

Then like already mentioned, Ivara with Ensnare and Concentrated Arrow is great too.

I should mention to I mostly use Ivara in Steel Path solo, unless its a Spy and I want to help others.

3 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

If you're going to use Ivara, IMO you might as well use Concentrated Arrow.

3 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Weapons I have used...Komorex <3(but a giant turd stat wise)

Performance in mission matters much more than stats, especially for a weapon like the Komorex, where most of the stats don't even show on the card. It's pretty great at all levels, especially with how well it builds combo; But I'd say it's the best lower level sniper (<80ish) because of its viral explosion.

Another weapon who's stats don't look that good is the Sporothrix, but it probably has the highest ability to scale out of all snipers.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

as for what i'd prefer to use on Ivara, Concentrated Arrow, tbh. [...]

speaking of Helminth, Ivara is a Warframe that i don't want to replace any of the Abilities on. even though Navigator is superfluous and impractical [...] if i did swap something it'd be that since it's the least useful, but it'd also slightly break my heart to do it.

Ensnare? Perfect synergy with CA, giving you easy headshots and grouping. And it's also more interactive/fun (and fits better with at least my build) than something like Eclipse.

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

In my old set up where I only had like 200+ energy and max efficiency I never noticed melee draining my energy...     Is that a thing??   There is no other reason for the energy drain.

Standing drains 1 energy per sec, walking drains 3, melee attacks drain 2 and an instance of taking damage drains 10 (damn you arc trap!)... all numbers subject to change based on efficiency.

With regards to the melee weapon, my preference on a prowl Ivara is the stropha with a heavy attack build.

Personally, I use a Quassus heavy attack build, a Daikyu, and whatever silenced secondary I feel like at the time. Quassus heavy attack only drains energy once, no matter how many enemies the blades hit, and with each blade guaranteed to inflict a slash proc it can easily kill almost any Steel Path enemy with just a couple of blades.

For the Daikyu my build is a bit odd. I have a Riven for it, but I also made it specifically for use with Navigator so it doesn't have any multishot on it. Instead it has the Daikyu Target Acquired amalgam mod and the Spring-loaded Broadhead mod installed. I modded for Gas but you could also go for Viral + HM.

when in Prowl, Melee attacks and receiving Damage drain Energy. Efficiency affects this. also one point of Efficiency is worth something like 15 or 20 points of Duration anyways.
Guns do not drain any Energy, just temporarily disable Prowl unless it's a silent Weapon.

as for what i'd prefer to use on Ivara, Concentrated Arrow, tbh. it was always fun to use but now between Internal Bleeding and Galvanized Mods (Multi-Shot primarily here), it's even more hilariously powerful. but the #1 part to me is that it's fun to use, that's most important.

speaking of Helminth, Ivara is a Warframe that i don't want to replace any of the Abilities on. even though Navigator is superfluous and impractical to use in 99% of Missions.... it's more fun than most Abilities. if i did swap something it'd be that since it's the least useful, but it'd also slightly break my heart to do it.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Well... If I use Ivara on Steel Path... It certainly isn't for Killing Enemies 😱... Perhaps Enemy (singular) but definitely not a whole Group of them....

15 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

NOW when I melee from stealth it majorly drains her energy.

I believe the Energy Drain Rate changes based on The Actions Being performed.... So naturally swinging a big stick around will tire her out.... But the extra Duration is suppose to compensate for that 🤔

24 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

But on ps4 enemies get recycled on tiles

I think it's like that on every platform... And it's irritating 😤

Archived