Jump to content

[weapon concept] blunt nikana


(XBOX)O37GEKKO
 Share

Recommended Posts

completely blunt, impact only one-handed nikana (stance polarity madurai)

roughly same stats as the dragon nikana but with only 40 base impact, increased 30% status chance, increased status duration and 100% follow through

ragdolls the living crap out of enemies without killing them

has a passive effect like hemorrhage and internal bleeding so base impact only but causes innate bleed procs

unique modding mechanic that applies any elements, damage mods, and critical mods to the status proc but not the base impact

attack speed mods affect the status proc tick speed

([edit]fixed/unmoddable weapon attack speed)

[edit ]intial status proc is delayed

altered animation attack speeds so that:

1st half of every strike animation is 50% slower and the second half of every strike animation is 70% faster (each individual swing in combos)

passive -5%friction

makes hollow wooden bonk noise

ngcb2

Edited by (XBOX)O37GEKKO
edited stats
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

roughly same stats as the dragon nikana but with only 40 base impact, increased 30% status chance, increased status duration and 100% follow through

has a passive effect like hemorrhage and internal bleeding so base impact only but causes innate bleed procs

unique modding mechanic that applies any elements, damage mods, and critical mods to the status proc but not the base impact

attack speed mods affect the status proc tick speed

Hah, no. Basically you want a bloodbath disguised as a stick.

Its bad enough when the community is long asking for the Devs to bring Impact and Puncture up to par with Slash and their response is adding Hemorrhage and Internal Bleeding and you want to propose a weapon that naturally has those effects and the procs scale massively from other damage mods and speed.

If it was just a weapon for giggles with the "ragdolls the living crap out of enemies without killing them" it would be ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the attack speed proc frequency increase was due to the animation speed alterations, which can't be modded with attack speed mods

(has fixed attack speed)

and keep in mind that the weapon has next to no base damage... (unmoddable)

status procs are already buffed with mods currently ingame, 

im suggesting a complete modded base damage nerf on this weapon, with increased status ticks, the damage lost from base is transferred over to status procs...

it's scaling from the base 40...

i think you're over exaggerating the balancing that i already considered, (dragon nikana has base 159.8 slash comparatively)

it goes slo mo swing, fast hit, bonk! enemies go flying while procs go brrrrt... 

 

On 2021-09-28 at 10:09 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

you want to propose a weapon that naturally has those effects and the procs scale massively from other damage mods and speed.

the proc frequency would scale with attack speed,

damage, crit and elements would only NOT effect base damage

 

On 2021-09-28 at 10:09 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

If it was just a weapon for giggles with the "ragdolls the living crap out of enemies without killing them" it would be ok.

thats the enitire purpose of transferring the damage to the status procs, so enemies do ragdoll,

rather than getting killed on hit, they bleed to death flying through the air (like some fist of the north star business)

i added a proc delay

Edited by (XBOX)O37GEKKO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

completely blunt, impact only one-handed nikana (stance polarity madurai)

roughly same stats as the dragon nikana but with only 40 base impact, increased 30% status chance, increased status duration and 100% follow through

ragdolls the living crap out of enemies without killing them

has a passive effect like hemorrhage and internal bleeding so base impact only but causes innate bleed procs

unique modding mechanic that applies any elements, damage mods, and critical mods to the status proc but not the base impact

attack speed mods affect the status proc tick speed

([edit]fixed/unmoddable weapon attack speed)

[edit ]intial status proc is delayed

altered animation attack speeds so that:

1st half of every strike animation is 50% slower and the second half of every strike animation is 70% faster (each individual swing in combos)

passive -5%friction

makes hollow wooden bonk noise

ngcb2

So... you basically want a stick that incapacitates enemies by ragdolling them and kills the crap out of them with forced bleed procs when it deals impact.

Make primary and secondary weapons with those functions instead, melee weapons are currently overpowered and I don't want to see the "sticc meta" so everyone is using Wukong Prime with only this weapon equipped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

considering the base damage that ive suggested for this weapon, and the fact that that base damage is unmoddable,

i don't understand either of the two comments that have been made about my weapon concept...

i just would like a blunt nikana with a unique animation style and unique damage output,

so it feels different to use than any other melee weapon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2021-09-28 at 10:16 PM, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

status procs are already buffed with mods currently ingame

The difference between current weapons is that adding other damage types alters the distrobution of proc types. With other weapons the more elemental mods you add the lower your odds of IPS procs. Where as your concept will only be capable of slash procs, no matter the mods added. This effectively means your weapon deals True Damage only, bypassing all armor and resistances. And also by using attack speed to increase proc tick speed instead of anamation speed creates a disproportionate increase to total damage. Specifically because all your damage and speed mods are being applied to the procs instead of the base damage.

Let's do some calculations;

40 base damage x 35% per second = 14 True damage per second over 6 seconds = 84 True Damage + 40 Impact Damage.

With your base Status Chance of 30% I am going to use Weeping Wounds with a 12x combo. This gives me a 174% status chance, so guaranteed status with 74% chance for 2.

Now I'm going to add pressure point, all four 90% elemental mods and we get;

14 dps * (1+1.2 [PP]) × (1 + (0.9×4 [elements])) = 114.68 True Damage per second for a total of a minimum of 850.08 True Damage per hit and an average hit of 1479.14 True Damage with the additional 74% chance of a second proc. From her on I am ignoring the 40 Impact, as it's irrelevant.

Now that is 6/8 mod slots. I am going to add Berserker Fury (max stacks) and Gladiator Vice for 100% proc speed increase to keep it simple.

Our average hit goes up from 1479.14 True Damage to double that at 2958.28 True Damage on average per hit.

Keep in mind this is without Primed Pressure Point or dropping Gladiator Vice for Condition Overload, or Arcanes etc.

3k True Damage, per hit, that bypasses all armor and resistances seems a bit much to me and this is probably where people are having a hard time with the concept.

I like the concept of a big stick to thump people with and ragdoll then. Being able to play baseball with a body would be like the old sonicor days when you could yeet enemies into the stratosphere. It could be quite comical if they are also slowed so they fly in slow motion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-11-02 at 9:09 AM, Arcsyrine said:

It could be quite comical if they are also slowed so they fly in slow motion.

i thought it would be abit broken to add something like lifted status to the ragdoll... only due to the initial dps being enough... a slow/lifted effect would allow further damage to the ragdolling enemies and i thought that to be abit overkill

On 2021-11-02 at 9:09 AM, Arcsyrine said:

And also by using attack speed to increase proc tick speed instead of anamation speed creates a disproportionate increase to total damage.

this assumption is based off the idea that the "attackspeed" multiplier would apply to the proc frequecy in a proportionate way relative to how attack speed mods work... as in you are assuming that 100% speed would translate to twice as fast procs... i was working with the idea of a "base stat" that the multiplier would be added to

On 2021-11-02 at 9:09 AM, Arcsyrine said:

With your base Status Chance of 30% I am going to use Weeping Wounds with a 12x combo. This gives me a 174% status chance, so guaranteed status with 74% chance for 2.

how are you getting a 12x combo on ragdolling enemies? combo count, and hence; bloodrush, gladiator and weeping all require weapon hits, not status procs... 

On 2021-11-02 at 9:09 AM, Arcsyrine said:

3k True Damage, per hit, that bypasses all armor and resistances seems a bit much to me

i have builds currently, that utilize toxin for corpus, and slash for grineer, stacking primed smite mods with a riven roll for 100% damage to faction, then i run xatas with only blind rage for 51% power strength, my weapons have effectively 20k "true damage" with no mitigation so i dont really see the problem with 3k

On 2021-11-02 at 9:09 AM, Arcsyrine said:

Where as your concept will only be capable of slash procs, no matter the mods added.

this is also an assumption... my idea purely involves the damage on initial hit being nerfed, nothing more. the weapon would behave, and be modded the same as any other melee weapon currently in game, aside from attack speedmods, and any damage output from each initial hit, which would only do 40 impact, the status procs would still work as normal, with damage priorities, hence added effects only scaling into the proc...

having said this, if 30% for the "internal bleed" slash status is too high for base, id consider reworking the weapon stats but honestly since the base damage is hard capped, and the entire dps of the weapon relies on the status proc ticks... i dont really see the issue with my concept at all...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-09-28 at 4:09 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Hah, no. Basically you want a bloodbath disguised as a stick.

Its bad enough when the community is long asking for the Devs to bring Impact and Puncture up to par with Slash and their response is adding Hemorrhage and Internal Bleeding and you want to propose a weapon that naturally has those effects and the procs scale massively from other damage mods and speed.

If it was just a weapon for giggles with the "ragdolls the living crap out of enemies without killing them" it would be ok.

Puncture status should open weakpoints in armor for increased critical damage hits. like banshee sonar sort of

and impact should have 3 states of knockdown/stun scaled from 1-10 procs of impact.

at 1-3 impact it stuns the target, wobbling them on their feet, 4-6 it knocks them over, and 7-10 it creates an explosion of impact on death,

enemies within 6m are knocked down by the 10th impact proc, all enemies in range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, (PSN)Tomplexthis said:

impact should have 3 states of knockdown/stun scaled from 1-10 procs of impact.

a buildup system like monster hunter world for ailments with increasing resistances for some enemies and escalating effects for some enemies that are more susceptible to the damage types.... that would be dope definitely approve/ bump this

Edited by (XBOX)O37GEKKO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

and just for the record... requesting the moderators clean up a thread into;

only constructive comments is far from childish.

and if anything a productive and progressive step taken to encourage creative development on any ideas... 

but hey, kiddo... i'll play the bad guy... and still win my arguments.

DZGoQP8XUAACYud.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, (XBOX)O37GEKKO said:

and just for the record... requesting the moderators clean up a thread into;

only constructive comments is far from childish.

and if anything a productive and progressive step taken to encourage creative development on any ideas... 

but hey, kiddo... i'll play the bad guy... and still win my arguments.

DZGoQP8XUAACYud.jpg

There are a ton of jerks in the warframe forums dude, after being in it for 8 years, i have seen a lot of negativity.

my favorite forums are the fan art, fan concept ones, but i have been around the others too.

warframe is a weird game, but the forums are even weirder

 

i really wish that we could get a rework for Puncture, Impact, Magnetic, and Blast status.

Blast would work like a nitro-glycerin napalm goo, that explodes on contact with impact and heat procs.

It would spread to other targets when it does explode, causing blast chain reactions. the explosions would deal EH% damage that gives it scaling

 

Magnetic would at max 10 procs add a magnetizing effect to the head of targets/that pulls in bullets.

The pull increases projectile speed towards the target as well, increasing its force, and it scales higher with puncture procs [weak point procs]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, (PSN)Tomplexthis said:

There are a ton of jerks in the warframe forums dude, after being in it for 8 years, i have seen a lot of negativity.

i just think that if any ideas do actually get into the game, a well refined, community snowballed idea will get the attention of the devs, rather than people being dismissive or reposting their own inspired idea off other peoples ideas...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

also... to further my "don't start me kiddo",

the artwork for my blunt nikana was already in warframe

its the old glitched appearance of the furis blueprint, just stretched out horizontally.

the striking edge would be "up" and you'd hold the grip upside down...

it's supposed to have the long spike, trailing back from the tip of the blunt edge

furis spelled backward is "siruf" my blunt nikana is called "seraph"

https://warframe.fandom.com/vi/wiki/Furis

 

Edited by (XBOX)O37GEKKO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...