Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack can change for the better, and here are a couple suggestions!

(PSN)Pablogamer585

Hii, this is my first post on the forums so basically saying I am new here after 5 years of playing wouldn't be incorrect. (I have lots of ideas I hope I can share in the future and people likes.)
Warn to anyone who reads this, I am a person who loves to type his ideas and brainstorms whenever he gets the chance, so sorry if this article is way too long for some.

Anyways, I'll get going.

Introduction to the issue:
Since the, more or less, recent changes to Oberon & Ash farming being changed to the Railjack drop tables, I feel like this has hurt quite badly the rewards one gets from Veil Proxima missions in general. Cannot say the same for the rest of planets as Veil Proxima is the one I play almost all the time. Have no reason to come back to the nodes I've already completed, not to even mention the downgraded Orphyx missions which I will talk about later on too.
I personally loved to do Railjack solo, or now with my friends to get holokeys, but the addition of Sevagoth, Oberon and Ash to the tables has considerably lowered my interest on playing Railjack as much as I used to.

Reasoning goes as follow; Railjack [imo] was a top-tier interactive and fun farm for relics, credits and mainly endo for "late-game" players such as myself, however, with the introduction of void storms and Call of the Tempestarii, a couple changes came that have quite made my Railjack experience worse.

First, lets talk about the Veil in general:

·Grineer Railjack
With a starting level of 80 til' 100 on Voidstorms, the "ground" units are the only threat of the Veil if you have a well prepared Railjack.

Missions are long, and the ammount of resources, avionics and railjack wreckages you can obtain is fabulous, but the end of mission rewards feel unrewarding, to say the least.
For example, this is from memory but, rewards I got for doing a quick R-9 cloud mission with my guys yesterday:
-Some rubedo
-Some ferrite
-2 control modules
-And a couple of more-or-less common resources that are not "Railjack" resources.
-I think 600 of Endo and a Neo P2 or P3 relic too, but that was the only good reward.

And in another run, in Flexa if am not mistaken, we got:
-Axi 05 Radiant relic, yay!
-x3 Riven sliver, yay!
-1200 Endo, yay!
-Komms, not yay, but fair.
-And some other things, perhaps another Neo P-something relic or something nice of sorts.

I know R-9 cloud was nerfed, as after they introduced one of these updates the rewards were "too good".
Scott said something among the lines of: "It is so nice to see players coordinating and communicating to do the mission as fast as possible-".
I will get to this point later again, got quite a lot to talk about still!

But more often than not, the rewards I get from a Voidstorm level 90-100 mission are:
-Whatever I got from my relic [Sometimes I feel like radiant relics give way too many common parts on voidstorms, but surely this is just rng and not a bug.]
-Oberon neuroptics.
-Oberon neuroptics.
-x5 Asterite
-Komms
-Perhaps if I am luckly, 600-400 of Endo.

These rewards, are simply, bad.

Previously to these later changes, the rewards I used to get would be:
-1200 endo x2 or even x3 times if I were lucky (Simply amazing!)
-Relics, from 1 to 5, Axis and Neos (Yayyy!)
-Railjack resources that I could forge if I needed more big booms to blow the baddies' crew ships (Nothing amazing, but fair enough, and useful)
-Avionics (I already have all Railjack avionics, so getting more means Endo, yay!)
-Sometimes reactants, if am not mistaken these scaled based on mission level, so between x75 and x100 (Super nice too)
-And if there was a derrelict, whatever I pulled from the derrelict. (Which, isn't nothing too incredible, but it is something you know?)

That makes it for the Grineer Veil Proxima, now, for the Corpus I go!

·Corpus Railjack
Presented as the first foes on the Tennocon where Railjack was announced, everything has changed a lot since then, and "In order to connect Railjack more to Warframe itself instead of making it feel like a separate game", as Rebecca said if am not mistaken, they made Corpus Railjack a strange amalgam of normal missions, and Railjack.
For the most part, I enjoy Corpus Railjack almost as much as I enjoy its Grineer counterpart, but I agree with a statement someone said.
[Apologies for I cannot quote the name of the player, I never got to know him]

Corpus Railjack, doesn't feel like Railjack.
So Corpus Railjack came, and it brought a brand new gamemode, Volatile, which is actually pretty fun and unique. It also added the normal Start-chart missions to Corpus strachons, which is okay. However, there are a couple problems because of this same reason. Railjack is meant to be unique and refreshing, so having to do your common tasks again, with the extra step of having to clear a couple foes and maybe a nearby base first, before being able to start, is a no-go. They should feel more unique, and I will post examples of how to make it be unique, yet still the same concept, once I am done sharing my experience with it.

There is also the Orphix mode, on almost each Corpus proxima, but that doesn't make sense!
Allow me to elaborate, Orphix is meant to be a sentient invasion of Corpus ships to convert them into some kind of relay for the sentients, potentially for the New War, right?
Then, Orphix should be only available on Veil Proxima, as Sentients orbit said sector. That way, you can go on a exterminate for the Grineer anomaly, or an Orphix clearing mission on the Corpus nodes, but it should also be cyclic.

Now,Railjack survivals on voidstorms have a massive flaw, will use this post to mention the bug in question, multiple birds in one artillery shot yeah?
Cracking more than one relic on a Railjack survival does not give you more reactants. You only get the reactants from the first one, once the mission is over, or you've been absolutely destroyed by the void surges... hopefully this is fixed in some upcoming patch?

Rewards wise, compared to Grineer nodes, end of mission rewards are still not quite rewarding for the type of tasks we carry on these missions, but since Corpus missions are faster than Grineer ones, this is more bearable. Stills, the Endo ammount you can now get by the end of the missions, is still low compared to the one you could get previously, and railjack wreckages aren't quite the reward that someone who has reached Veil Proxima might be looking for, nor deserves. Same goes for survival or defence missions; Railjack parts should not be a reward to get from these gamemodes.

·Conclusion
I like Railjack, a lot, but it needs quite a bunch of changes, to be better.
If it is going to be part of the game's future, would bet it will be present as part of the New War in fact, things need to change, and new content needs to stop being given to new players so easily. Truly the lowering of the resources and time needed to build a Railjack was a welcome change for everyone, but Warframe has this problem called "freedom".
While freedom is something that we all love and is present in our playstyle, how we customize our frames, arsenal [...] etc etc, it is given to new players too early on.
Look at the Plains or Fortuna, there is quite a lot to do in there, even more when they introduce the 3rd Orb mother "raid", but that is not something new players will have access to if they don't have the required rank at Eudi, hopefully.
My point is, slow down a bit the pace of the game for new players, because they can access a Railjack in public squads too, and they might not know what to do or what is even happening around them. Things need to be done one at a time, in order to become a good space ninja, and understand your surroundings.
Back to my original point, and getting near to closing this post of mine, Railjack needs some attention, and the solution is on the ideas of this community, I know the team is busy right now with the New War and a couple things more we don't know, but it would be nice if post like these were read by a staff member, and took some of its ideas into consideration, in order to improve the game.

·Recommended changes and ideas to make Railjack better and more fun
Changes:

For end of mission (Regular and Voidstorms) rewards:
-Remove railjack resources from the drop tables of higher tier sectors such as the Veil or Pluto.
-Remove Oberon and Ash blueprints from Veil, perhaps keep them on Earth, as it is a fitting place for Oberon.
-Add again the 1200 Endo as a common drop instead of 600 or 400 for regular veil railjack missions instead of Voidstorms only. Replacement for the 600 and 400 drops.
-Maybe add Warframe Exilus adapters blueprints as a rare item, just like Forma blueprint is right now.
-If the "X Proxima resource bundle" are going to be kept, at least make the resources they give scale with the Proxima difficulty. 2K Ferrite for ending a mission feels like mockery, seriously.
-Add reactants as a drop again for Voidstorms, it was really useful and it helped overcome the reactant loss spent on making a relic radiant.
-Maybe make Sevagoth be on Pluto voidstorms only, instead of Proxima too, so the rewards tables for Veil can distribute the percentage of his parts, for the radiant relics, Holokeys and endo.

For Voidstorm in general:
-Reduce the ammount of void surges and the damage they deal, or radious they have. They are not a "challenging" or "engaging" feature for the voidstorm gameplay, they are simply a nuisance that can make you get downed even if you're skilled enough to dodge all your enemies' shots.
-Add Defense to the rotation of missions that can be played with Voidstorms, I have noticed Defense never pops, just Survival, Exterminate and Volatile. Maybe add Spy too?
-Perhaps, add an avionic like "Argon plating" or something that prevents the Railjack from being affected by voidstorms and letting void surges inside. It is enough with those being on the places we are meant to board already.

Extra:
-I have noticed that rare containers can also spawn on Railjack, Grineer ones at least. Perhaps add an extra special reward you can get from this like the tenebrous ephemera back when the sentient anomaly was released.

Ideas:
Rework the current "amalgam" of normal gamemodes that Corpus raijack has, and add them to Grineer's proximas too, excluding Orphix.
Here's how I would do it:

Exterminate: convert them to the basic Grineer skirmishes. Just go off and kill loads of enemy ships and have fun!
And if there's a voidstorm, there are still places you need to enter to get your reactants, besides crewships.

Defense*: make it like archwing mobile defense, but for a single satellite that follows an orbit. No, it doesn't stay in one place, so you don't just park your Railjack, sit back, press the missile barrage and boom, done.
You and your railjack crew need to protect a satelite or something from the bad guys for a series of waves.
Because this task would be carried on "outdoors", in space, having a good crew of players or Elite crewmembers is important. Gather your combat and tac avionics for the best synergies and results!
Number of rounds could be 4 instead of 5, to make things a bit different from regular defenses, in exchange for a higher density of enemies.

That said, there shouldn't be enemy fighter scaling, instead, special units and special crewships should be sent, with more frequency than regular. With a max, of course.
Why no enemy level scaling? Easy, standing for longer doesnt mean you'll get more for each round, so if there are no scaling rewards for more resistant enemies yet, why bother staying for longer to the point your Railjack will get one-shotted by a regular unit?

*As defense is a gamemode that should be added to voidstorms for people to choose, this conflicts with said idea. If one were to be done, executing the other would require of making fighter jets be the ones that drop reactants instead, which is possible to do, but I feel like it is a layer of extra work that may not be fully necessary. A way to carry this out easily would be making crewships spawn often, and depend on boarding them to get the reactants, but this task would be best suited for either the player or a team member, so defending the Railjack would be up to the AI crew, and so would be defending the objective while you butcher the enemy crewship for a few reactants. Shouldn't take long, but stills, feels like a bit of a risk. Will let this one to be judged by whoever reads this post and decides to comment.

Survival: survival missions have always felt a bit weird, so it is a bit tricky to think of how to make a better survival.
First, archwings come with life support already, so should necramechs, and because we can deploy vehicles of said type on railjack missions, it would defeat the concept of the current type of survival missions we have, if you found a good place to hide with these.
Survival missions can get a bit boring, except on Steel Path, due to the lack on enemy density/spawn rate and repetitive gameplay.

At first I had thought of redisigning Railjack survival to be basically and endless exterminate with your ship against the enemy aircrafts, but that would make it the same as the aforementioned defense concept and even have the same reactant collection issue if it were a voidstorm, just that this time there wouldn't be an extra objective you need to attend. At the same time, there would be no oxygen problem, so instead of worrying about your oxygen levels, only matter would be the railjack's defences. Perhaps survival should remain untouched, but add acceptable rewards instead of more railjack wreckages. Will leave this one to be debated too.

Interception: Adding archwing's interception to Railjack would be nice. 3 radio satellites instead of 4, so that someone can pilot and the rest capture, or in case you are a solo player, you capture, and your crew takes care of the major threats. With a gamemode like this, the aura intrinsic that is dedicated to archwings, would finally be used, and maybe modular archwings would come into play too! Could replace the Orphix nodes.

Orphix: There is an Orphix node on almost each Corpus proxima, but that doesn't make sense! Allow me to elaborate;
Orphix is meant to be a sentient invasion of Corpus ships to convert these into some kind of relay for the sentients, potentially for the New War. (Just a theory)
Then, Orphix should be only available on Veil Proxima, as Sentients orbit said sector. That way, you can go on a exterminate for the Grineer anomaly, or an Orphix clearing mission on the Corpus nodes, but it should also be cyclic.

What I mean to say is, if the Anomaly is present on a Grineer node, Orphix won't be available on a Corpus node and vice versa, so it can be a limited time task just like Eidolon hunts, but unlike Eidolons, once you enter, you can finish it without a time restriction, which would be fair as being on Corpus or Grineer nodes is random and not time-locked.

I would also cut the ammount of Orpix(es?) one requires eliminate to a third, and make each you destroy give an arcane, but also make them spawn half as fast.
This way, mode would be easier, slightly faster, but stills gives rewards at a fair pace.*
*On average clearing all of them takes close to an hour, with a bad loot table that might give endo instead of arcanes, this only makes it less likely to be played by anyone. Mathematically, you might get 3-4 arcanes on a 1 hour run, that's a big nope for me.

Just like Eidolon hunts, with this ideal "relocation" of Orphix, only mid-high tier squads could access it, if they were not to be fans of hunting. A well prepared Tridolon squad, however, will still get more arcanes and faster, so this should be considered as an alternate method to farming arcanes outside of hunts, but not necessarily a better one. Who knows, maybe with a well organised squad you could do it close to as fast or to professional Eidolon hunter!

So basically you have Orphix again, but smaller, and improved. The current one really needs some love, this could potentially fix it.

And with all of that out of my chest, I think I conclude my first ever Warframe Forums post. I have lots of things I want to talk about still, but I will make it in separate posts, so that this is not just a big big chunk of ideas all mashed together. Hope everyone enjoys it, and gives some feedback about it.

Lots to read, but skimming through it i more or less agree.

Railjack Grineer is far more like railjack with 1 mission type then corpus with a plethora.

Corpus railjack needs to be redesigned entirely, things need to actually be rewarding, and new players should not have such easy access to railjack. New players simply aren't ready, there are people who still don't have archwings "railjack ready" after years, and you expect new players to be able to have theirs the moment the unlock it?

In terms of a railjack survival mission though, i had an idea.

why not make them a reverse survival., Instead of lotus importing life support, have enemies come on board and steal it. Killing crewships would drop life support bubbles, that upon entering, you would have life support restored.

Just my idea of a genuine railjack survival.

hace 35 minutos, Joezone619 dijo:

Lots to read, but skimming through it i more or less agree.

Railjack Grineer is far more like railjack with 1 mission type then corpus with a plethora.

Corpus railjack needs to be redesigned entirely, things need to actually be rewarding, and new players should not have such easy access to railjack. New players simply aren't ready, there are people who still don't have archwings "railjack ready" after years, and you expect new players to be able to have theirs the moment the unlock it?

In terms of a railjack survival mission though, i had an idea.

why not make them a reverse survival., Instead of lotus importing life support, have enemies come on board and steal it. Killing crewships would drop life support bubbles, that upon entering, you would have life support restored.

Just my idea of a genuine railjack survival.

Hey, glad you like it, be ready to hear more about me in super long posts, game dev workshop style hue hue hue.

Your improvised Railjack survival idea seems pretty neat and has already inspired me with a more detailed version of it!

Lets take one element from Kuva survival, the catalizer! But, with this thing, instead of syphoning Kuva from the atmosphere (Which, is kinda weird...) we sustract the oxygen from the air system of an enemy crewship.
It would go similar to how you have described it, we have an oxygen meter on our Railjack, enemies that board our Railjack consume slowly this oxygen, faster the more they are, and to recover lost oxygen we board an enemy crewship! But, we have to go first for an oxygen tank on the back of our ship, kinda similar to Plague Star, but it's not quite as ugly as one of those Grineer toxin machines. Railjack slingshot would be used way more thanks to this, unless someone prefers the risk of getting shot off his archwing while flying to the enemy crewship...

So then we get to the Corpus/Grineer ship, go to your typical filler space, and get to wherever said oxygenator might be located, then we start syphoning, but it can be a process we can stop anytime, depending on how much oxygen do we need at the ship.
Could use a small icon like the Forges to indicate how much oxygen it currently has inside the tank so you can know right when you wanna stop.
I actually find both Grineer and Corpus crewships to have nicely desgined interior, but with "blank areas" such as the right side after going downstairs on the Grineers ones [reactor zone], so there's plenty of space where one could add these assets.

Back to the Railjack using our Omni with a filled oxygen tank, we could install it on that tiny zone that is under the ramp, going towards the forge.

That way, we turn survival into an engaging, more aggresive gamemode that encourages you to take action to survive, instead of bringing Octavia and T-Bagging near a resonator. Any stealth frame could potentially make the syphoning phase easy, now that I think about it, so perhaps there should be a way for the enemies to counter this, without simply unga bunga shooting da machine. Something similar to the Jupiter sabotage mission final phase, hmmmmm...

Thanks for the idea Joe!

hey, sup mate.

i'm just gonna be honest, i didn't read it.
i write this reply as a gentle warning, you might have a lot of experience in warframe, but yeah the forum can be a different beast.

we basically get ideas and suggestions 24/7 here in these forums, from the clever ones to the absolutely retarded ones. over time people simply becomes more skeptical.
many people suspected that it's one of the reason why DE doesn't come here anymore. and many who've experienced the burnout find that reason believable.

so nowadays ideas and suggestions are like writing fanfics.
the writers know well that probably it'll never reach DE, but they do it anyway because they have good time doing it.

=============

DE has poured considerable efforts into rj. so it's very unlikely that they're willing to give it yet another revisit.
so yeah, feel free to discuss it with others. but don't hold your breath for anything more.

i wish you nothing but great times in warframe and in the forums.

cheers

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

hey, sup mate.

i write this reply as a gentle warning, you might have a lot of experience in warframe, but yeah the forum can be a different beast.

we basically get ideas and suggestions 24/7 here in these forums, from the clever ones to the absolutely retarded ones. over time people simply becomes more skeptical.
many people suspected that it's one of the reason why DE doesn't come here anymore. and many who've experienced the burnout find that reason believable.

the writers know well that probably it'll never reach DE, but they do it anyway because they have good time doing it.

=============

DE has poured considerable efforts into rj. so it's very unlikely that they're willing to give it yet another revisit.
so yeah, feel free to discuss it with others. but don't hold your breath for anything more.

cheers

They check feedback not this part of the forum, well not often. 

If a fix or change is fast to do, does not give away piles of free stuff to the players and unquestionably makes the game or thing better, you have a good chance to get it put in.

IMO, if they just made these changes, Railjack would be pretty much perfected and I think a lot more people would bother with it:

- introduce a "Relic Stacking" system for Void storms, where we can choose 4-5 relics of the same Era to crack open in one rotation. players have to pick up 40-50 reactant, but all enemies would have a 55% chance to drop a reactant once corrupted. at the end of the mission/rotation, the appropriate amount of relics are opened all at once. you wouldn't be able to choose rewards, but this is because this would mainly be designed for cracking open unwanted relics quickly, or greatly increasing your chances at a part by stacking identical relics. now Void storms and Void Fissures both have a different purpose.

- add Skirmish nodes for Corpus Railjack: their fighters and crewships are kind of cool, but engaging them is just time wasting due to the fact they spawn infinitely and aren't critical to the mission objective (except sometimes for Crewships). one of the main complaints about Corpus Railjack is that it doesn't really feel like Railjack, and the ship is just a taxi to a regular mission. I'm sure DE could rehash existing corpus installations like Shield Enforcer/Aurax Factory into different objectives. 

- add more railjack cosmetics; more skins, and the ability to have new interior textures (keep the layout the same for obvious reasons, but let it look more Grineer/Corpus/Orokin etc.)

- add a mode where we actually raid a ship and steal it's payload. how you gonna have a Pirate frame, sea shanties and a ship of your own command and not be able to do some space piracy? even better if they put "free flight" mode on all planets and let you freely fly around attacking ships of different strengths. 

-Infested Railjack: it's definitely bound to happen regardless, but I would really like Mercury, Deimos and Eris Proximas to each have a different feel and have their own unique infested organisms that float around space defending their massive floating hives. 

Railjack still has an absolute ton of potential, and I desperately want DE to realize it.

hace 9 horas, Soy77 dijo:

hey, sup mate.

=============

cheers

Worry not! I was perfectly aware of the state of the forums even before I logged in yesterday for the first time.

Despite having 5 years on my back, I have heard tons of tales from this place, most of them being "DE doesn't listen - There's plenty of good ideas on how to make Warframe gud - The forums are dead".

However, it would be a shame not to share these ideas that I consider quite gamechanging and that I am sure people would love to be implemented.
Just like reading a book, it isn't necesarily something that will happen in reality, but you feel submerged and can fantasize about it, that is what I aim for with my posts.
If it were to get lots of attention, there's even a chance, as small as it might be, that it is read by a staff member, and maybe taken into consideration!

I come from a community of a game where I became a moderator of the game's Discord server, alongside other top players of it, so I already know the feeling of working for the people, but the people's ideas not being listened to. I was even the captain of a feedback program!
But after so much time of posting ideas, that the devs had read, and comfirmed they had read, I decided to quit my "job" as a moderator and part of said team.
It was more of a hobby, but it felt pointless to work helping them, if they didn't help us make the game better.

Now said game is dead, yesterday was its 4th anniversary and there was no special event like the past years or anything for the players anymore.
However I love the game so much, and it has been a big inspiration for me, to the point it made me adquire a goal, become a game dev myself, and remake it for the people who also love it.

That is the reason why I have joined the forums to start posting my ideas on how to improve Warframe. It is one of my favourite games, top 3 I'd say, that I play on the daily for a "casual" ammount of time, your classic 2 hours and a half, so I don't get burnt out of it, even less when playing with my friends. Still like to have some "me" time to play alone, but those don't happen as much anymore since my buddies are active when I am most of the time, if not everytime.

I know I am basically a newcomer to the forums, and getting a first, second, hek, even a 100th post to get attention is unlikely, but stills my objective here is to give people something they can dream of, like and support, to bring it to the attention of the developers with some luck and time.

Thanks for your kind words though :)

Archived