Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best viable and non-boring amp combos for mastery rank?

Aguzo

Besides going 111, 222, 333, etc, does anyone know which combos make some decent-good amps? So far I have 323, and I'm planning on getting 123, and 177, since 123 is supposedly the best before 177. Someone mentioned in chat that 374 is better than 177.

Let me know if there is a nicer way to mastering all amps besides going 111, 222, etc. I don't mind buying more slots, but I'd prefer to keep it low.

If a straightforward 222, 333, etc are actually good combos, then include any of them in your list (should be 7 different combinations, without using the same parts twice)

111 is ideally the one you make asap because any crafted amp combo is worlds better than the mote. 177 is a min-max amp, good to have if you plan on doing eidolon hunts more seriously, otherwise skippable. It's mathed out so it destroys tridolon shields in exactly 8 hits.

For the brace you always go 7 because of how pushed crits are against eidolon shields. The downright nonsensical damage calculation puts an extra 2x damage multiplier on crits. The 3 brace is a weaker version of the 7 brace.

717 is a great amp against ropalolyst specifically, primary is great when close up, secondary allows you to hit long range multihits.

227 is more of a casual hunter amp, primary is great against voms, secondary is still pretty good against shield and much easier to use then the 7 scaffold.

4, 5 and 6 prisms are not that great, you could just get the mastery from them with the cheapest other parts for you to build. Mastery is specifically tied to the prism, the other parts have no impact at all to mastery. IIRC x47 was used for profit taker to quickly destroy pylons with the amp although that got replaced with using the zenith now. Still, a 447 or a 547 could do everything you want in profit taker.

21 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

I don't mind buying more slots, but I'd prefer to keep it low.

I think you get 7 or 8 free amp slots to start, so if you are only running them for Mastery Points it shouldn't be a problem.

For amp combos, I really like the "ping-pong" scaffold. I find it fun to use. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Phahd_Scaffold SentAmpSet2ChassisA.png

I use the alt-fire to launch a bouncy-ball bullet which has some mid-air auto targeting and a modestly high critical chance.

The brace I like is the Juttni. A shorter reload time, no frills. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Juttni_Brace SentAmpSet1GripB.png

These are just what I enjoy using when I'm grinding through the list of Prisms for Mastery Points, I've done it on four profiles now. In terms of the numbering system, it's "X42".

Hope that helps.

18 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I think you get 7 or 8 free amp slots to start, so if you are only running them for Mastery Points it shouldn't be a problem.

For amp combos, I really like the "ping-pong" scaffold. I find it fun to use. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Phahd_Scaffold SentAmpSet2ChassisA.png

I use the alt-fire to launch a bouncy-ball bullet which has some mid-air auto targeting and a modestly high critical chance.

The brace I like is the Juttni. A shorter reload time, no frills. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Juttni_Brace SentAmpSet1GripB.png

These are just what I enjoy using when I'm grinding through the list of Prisms for Mastery Points, I've done it on four profiles now. In terms of the numbering system, it's "X42".

Hope that helps.

Just chiming in to say I agree. Phahd is a great scaffold. 

Personally my favorite amp is Lega, Phahd, Certus (6/4/7)
Lega is great for up-close damage and Phahd is fantastic for everything else. I don't use my operator for eidolons or anything though so my preference is likely not aligned with the meta.

I still run my old 212 setup from back when I hunted Eidolons (it was the meta amp back then). essentially an Arca Plasmor & Opticor rolled into one and mounted on your wrist, with unlimited energy to boot thanks to Zenurik. it's handled everything I've thrown at it, and while there are other equally fun and viable amps (the "kamehameha" one, can't remember the exact setup though), my old reliable is all I need.

While not meta whatsoever, I find the 466 quite fun. Fullauto primary, Grenade launcher secondary, Superfast amp-regen. It's like an M16M203 for the Operator :P

EDIT: A fun thing about the xx6 brace is that it allows you to shoot the x6x altfire nonstop, if you pace your fire rate a tiny bit (this goes for other Scaffolds too).

You can Preview Amp Builds with Little Duck....

The general Idea is to see what the Prism is better at... Crit... Or Status...

Once you you know all you have to do is Is pair it with the Scaffold that's also better at Crit or Status and a Brace that boosts whatever the relavent Stat is....

If the Prism isn't suitable for both Crit and Status then just pair it with A Brace that increases Max Ammo or lowers Recharge Delay...

Archived