Receive a song (Oct) how?

Rochsu

Question

18 answers to this question

How do I receive and use a song shared by other Octavias [song] in chat. I can share just fine but when somebody shares with me (clicking on the song in chat) I get a screen with a waveform, no options...

Probably silly question but I can't find the how to. Thanks in advace.

Okay Mandachord 101 :p

01 Share song: Type in [ Song ]

Choose song to post

Press Enter

Song: Track I Shared appears in blue in the active chat panel.

02 Using and Saving another person's songs:

Have Octavia as active Frame

Open her Arsenal > Appearance

Open Mandachord

Click on the song link the player shared

Song plays on your Mandachord (sometimes it gives a prompt)

Use Save on right-hand side to keep for use later

Exit Mandachord and choose Save and Exit to use this as her battle tune.

Enjoy! :p

6 minutes ago, Rochsu said:

This is the problem, can't see it anywhere.

You can open the chat window while in the Mandachord screen.

Click on a Song Link someone posted there.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Open her Arsenal > Appearance

Open Mandachord

Just a small correction, the Mandachord button is now found in the main Arsenal screen, underneath Parazon.

14 minutes ago, Rochsu said:

Yeah, does not help. Imagine if they've put like 2 weeks into this instead of Railjack. The music we could make...

So you can't open the Chat Box while editing your Mandachord? Open Region Chat and say "please share octavia music". Don't forget to hit the save button! Save and Load are your friends.

p1NBc91.jpg?1

Is this what you are having trouble with? You need to be more clear about what you actually need. If you just want songs so you can punch them in yourself, watch youtube videos by "Buff00n". They have posted how-to videos for more than THREE THOUSAND songs:

Ā 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Is this what you are having trouble with? You need to be more clear about what you actually need. If you just want songs so you can punch them in yourself, watch youtube videos by "Buff00n". They have posted how-to videos for more than THREE THOUSAND songs:

No, I can open my chat box mid game, asking for songs. Players here usually nice and share songs as do I.

What I really tried to ask is; when somebody shares a song, in a mission, ... how do I save it/use it later. Does the other player still need to be online after the whatever mission? Like, I'm sure u all laugh now but despite players sharing their song i have none except the ones I've physically copied to the mandacord.

If a player shares a song with meĀ  in a game (I have octavia, he/she has octavia) how do I save it?

Tried to be as detailed as possible

I don't think anyone's laughing about it actually (There's no reason to), since this is a legitimate question. Although IĀ am wondering something, are they sharing the songs to you during the mission, or before the mission starts?

• Might go without saying actually, on second thought; Considering that songs can't be shared outside of the Arsenal, as far as IĀ recall.

Ā 

Hypothetically speaking, if the other players who shared you the songs leaveĀ until you're the only person after finishing saidĀ mission, then wouldn't the links to those songs remain in the chat window for you to access in the Arsenal? UnlessĀ the chat tab that hasĀ the song linksĀ (Such as the squad chat tab)Ā is closed, the links should be there.

• It might be worth noting that if you had a conversation with someone in a PM chat tab, then if both you and the other person go offline the text in that tab will be gone, links included. But if one person stays online, I believe the text will all be there on their end, whereas it'll look totally untouched by the previously-offline person.

Ā 

As for the saving partĀ provided those links, etc. weren't erased by the chat tab closing,Ā as Lilly noted above you should be able to load up a song on your Mandachord,Ā clear all the notes off and then the link should be able to add it's notes to your new layout. If you have enough room for a new song then once you have the notes just right, you can save and name the song in the Mandachord screen. Otherwise you might have to overwrite an existing one.

• Aside from that, as long as you have the link in the chat tab other players don't need to be online for it to work :)

Ā 

Does that help a bit?

Edited by (NSW)Gamer-Steve
Just realized a good point about the first question I had; Songs can't be shared during a mission specifically, just at the Mandachord screen.

5 minutes ago, Rochsu said:

in a mission, ... how do I save it/use it later.

If you lose a chat conversation, the song is gone forever šŸ˜æ. So you have a squad chat and someone shares their song, when the squad is dissolved the link is deleted.

The best you could hope for is to PM the player and ask again for the song. You can look up recently seen players (that are not in your friends list) in StartMenu> Communication> Friends> View Recent Players.

This is a screencap of the OLD View Recent Players button (top-right button):

lrZ5Wvm.jpg

So here's how it usually goes. I don't have a regular team I play with.

- Play open and I love to play e.g. Octavia

- Sometimes another Oct. player has a song I would like to have.

- Ask said player, if yes, posts song in chat [song]

- Now, when all this done....

- How do I save the song he/she shared?

Ā 

I just don't get it

21 minutes ago, Rochsu said:

- Play open and I love to play e.g. Octavia

- Sometimes another Oct. player has a song I would like to have.

- Ask said player, if yes, posts song in chat [song]

- Now, when all this done....

- How do I save the song he/she shared?

Ah, that clears it up a bit.

Ā 

Playing in public matches would leave open the chance that their song link is going into the squad chat, so it'll be gone if the chat tab with the link is closed. If you have the link in a PM chat tab with that person, it should be there till you close it & they've gone offline.

Ā 

Once you have the link, you should be able to click on the link while having the Mandachord screen open and go from there. After the notes from the shared song are placed as you see fit from that link, they should be savable I believe.Ā 

Ā 

Is the Save option actually not saving it though, out of curiosity? I only ask because it sounded like you've already had some songs saved;

3 hours ago, Rochsu said:

If somebody wants to take a few minutes in game I'll share some of my songs

Not to sound like a broken recordĀ (Pun not intended), but is there anything going wrong with the Save option shown in one of the screenshots above?

Ok so...from LillyRaccune above i noticed that I first have to go into mandachord and from there click on the song somebody is sharing... right?

Think a lot of oct players pi**ed off with me about now but I will try .

Thanks to the both of U

-

• Like 1