Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ticker Heaven/Hell Quote

General_Durandal

~

• "I've never met a priest who could tell you anything about Heaven, but they knew every square inch of Hell. They should. They built it."

~

Makes sense in the setting of Warframe.
Though, do priests even exist in the Warframe universe anymore?
Does Harrow count?

Why would Ticker talk about something,
that might not exist in her plane of existence?

~

Well, if it is a jab at IRL religion, 
the reason Priests can't really tell you about Heaven, 
is because it is mostly unknown.

In the Bible, it says,
"Heaven is amongst the stars."

The Astral-Plane, is where souls live.
Astral means, "a starry field".

Heaven, is the Universe as a whole.

So, just as we barley know anything about the Universe as a whole,
we've only seen a drop in the Ocean,
we also barely know Heaven.

Hell however, is Earth, every part of it, even the surface.
The surface of Hell is called Limbo,
which is where history repeats itself.
The bottom of Heaven, is called Eden,
and is also the surface of Earth.
Any place where green plants grow,
and where wild fruit trees grow, is Eden.

~

Remember,
it is not Scientific to simply say,
something doesn't exist.

~

The Order of the Profit is a cult/religion, so yes, priests of some description do likely exist. Alongside a heaven/hell afterlife dichotomy, since a 'reward/punishment' dichotomy shows up a lot in religions, even those mostly separated from each other.

35 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

"I've never met a priest who could tell you anything about Heaven, but they knew every square inch of Hell. They should. They built it."

She's just saying that that divine punishment is an artificial construction of organized religion, while loosely referencing a specific archetype of a highly religious person that tends to hyper-focus on the negative aspects of religion as opposed to the positive aspects.

And while its forms may change over time, religion/spirituality as a broad concept is almost innate to the human experience, so there's no reason to believe it wouldn't exist in the Warframe universe. And the fact that Ticker is talking about it makes the high-level concept canon to the universe (which is not to say that her view is accurate or inaccurate, but simply to say that these concepts exist in the universe).

Also she's not talking about the Bible, so Bible verses aren't going to help you understand what she's saying.

10 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

It's just a little line made to sound cool, you're overthinking it bud

Yeah, I tend to over think, everything really.

9 hours ago, Loza03 said:

The Order of the Profit is a cult/religion, so yes, priests of some description do likely exist. Alongside a heaven/hell afterlife dichotomy, since a 'reward/punishment' dichotomy shows up a lot in religions, even those mostly separated from each other.

Oh yeah, forgot about the Temple of Profit.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

She's just saying that that divine punishment is an artificial construction of organized religion, while loosely referencing a specific archetype of a highly religious person that tends to hyper-focus on the negative aspects of religion as opposed to the positive aspects.

And while its forms may change over time, religion/spirituality as a broad concept is almost innate to the human experience, so there's no reason to believe it wouldn't exist in the Warframe universe. And the fact that Ticker is talking about it makes the high-level concept canon to the universe (which is not to say that her view is accurate or inaccurate, but simply to say that these concepts exist in the universe).

Also she's not talking about the Bible, so Bible verses aren't going to help you understand what she's saying.

Makes sense.

~

Thank you for your time. o7

Looking at other lines, it frames the context.

My real line is debt forgiveness. Charity. You buy some poor rig jockey's debt and they sidestep brain-shelving. Every sinner's a winner.

"Here's the kicker for Ticker: the Temple teaches charity? Mortal sin. Ticker gets caught helping a repo? That's me done, Stardust."

"The Void sent you to us, I'm sure of it."

Archived