Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

improve new player experience - slow down equipment unlocks

xX-Kuro-Xx

17 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

As for new players i think problem is only in information
I will agree warframe lacks any PROPER info on what is good and how to mod but lets face it what game you played last time like mmo game where you didnt need to use wiki or youtube to understand something?

FF14 has a great tutorial system and it presents tutorials on a great many things. DE doesn't have to go to the same length. At the same time, they could do more than what they've done and rely less on third party sources on just basic stuff.

19 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

FF14 has a great tutorial system and they present tutorials on a great many things. DE doesn't have to go to the same length. At the same time, they could do more than what they've done and rely less on third party sources on just basic stuff.

Wait wait wait
Lets make 1 thing clear

You say they could do something?
They who left "ready for mission" button switch to "leave squad" after you press it?
While according to last dev stream very important part they are working on now is how shadows are cast and light reflect different materials?

Damn ive seen die hard religious ppl with less faith than you

8 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Wait wait wait
Lets make 1 thing clear

You say they could do something?
They who left "ready for mission" button switch to "leave squad" after you press it?
While according to last dev stream very important part they are working on now is how shadows are cast and light reflect different materials?

Damn ive seen die hard religious ppl with less faith than you

Let me know when you'd like to actually engage in a discussion.

11 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm sure DE has several advanced ideas they're working on when they can.

No, they do not as the most recent DevStream & DevWorkshop show, Do you know what would be really advanced and at the same time a great improvement to NPE? If there were no ability ranks at all, because they serve no purpose whatsoever.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Let me know when you'd like to actually engage in a discussion.

Engage in a discussion?

For what purpose?
Wrong subforum to begin with

And i never said you are wrong cause you are right
I just dont have faith in that kind of change just because we are asking for it

Only proper way to request such a change is with our wallets
If they feel $$$ dont swim their way because we refuse to play a game without proper tutorial and shoving in graphical improvements over fixing broken UI elements or lack of information
Nothing will really change

19 hours ago, xX-Kuro-Xx said:

Yes. Because if a game is going to charge me money for consumables (not durable goods) I'm never going to do it (against my gaming religion), and if that is a core part of the game (which I'd expect when it is introduced so early), then I'll just quit before I waste any more time on that game. 

But the game also allows you to trade near unlimited amounts of the premium currency per day. As soon as you start getting relics and are able to do fissures you can play the game 100% free and rush until you cant rush no more in the foundry if that is your thang.

It is hard to actually find a more generous monetization system in a game. The only thing you actually need to spend real cash for are prime access packs and tennogen stuff, everything else can be earned 100% free at a reasonable rate.

So if you wanna complain about a certain aspect, atleast get all the facts that tie into that system straight before going bonneville on the forums.

46 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But the game also allows you to trade near unlimited amounts of the premium currency per day. As soon as you start getting relics and are able to do fissures you can play the game 100% free and rush until you cant rush no more in the foundry if that is your thang.

It is hard to actually find a more generous monetization system in a game. The only thing you actually need to spend real cash for are prime access packs and tennogen stuff, everything else can be earned 100% free at a reasonable rate.

So if you wanna complain about a certain aspect, atleast get all the facts that tie into that system straight before going bonneville on the forums.

He skipped over the fact that I said everything can be earned ingame.

1 hour ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

He skipped over the fact that I said everything can be earned ingame.

That poster is on the war path of some games being 'against their religion' in terms of monetization.

A silly stance to be sure, but one they seem to hold dear.

The FUD some people have about companies and money is never going to be properly dealt with on a forum like this IME, some people are just convinced everyone is stealing form them or tricking them out of their hard earned $, especially if they can point at some 'evil corporation'.

I had a good friend like this, he had one bad encounter with a 'corporation' and convinced himself that any entity that was a 'corporation' was out to rob everyone.

That's a layer of brain chemistry we just cannot change on a game forum, IME.

53 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

That poster is on the war path of some games being 'against their religion' in terms of monetization.

A silly stance to be sure, but one they seem to hold dear.

The FUD some people have about companies and money is never going to be properly dealt with on a forum like this IME, some people are just convinced everyone is stealing form them or tricking them out of their hard earned $, especially if they can point at some 'evil corporation'.

I had a good friend like this, he had one bad encounter with a 'corporation' and convinced himself that any entity that was a 'corporation' was out to rob everyone.

That's a layer of brain chemistry we just cannot change on a game forum, IME.

Yeah many of them fail to realize that the companies need revenue some way when the game is free to pick up and play. Sure there are shady f2p, b2p and sub based titles out there, but thinking WF is such a game or DE such a company, then I write it of as if the complainer has very little experience with gaming monetization in general.

WF is probably the most generous game out there atm. 

And agreed, I dont think we can alter that mindset on a forum.

14 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah many of them fail to realize that the companies need revenue some way when the game is free to pick up and play. Sure there are shady f2p, b2p and sub based titles out there, but thinking WF is such a game or DE such a company, then I write it of as if the complainer has very little experience with gaming monetization in general.

WF is probably the most generous game out there atm. 

And agreed, I dont think we can alter that mindset on a forum.

I think trashy mobile games tainted monetization, people that experienced those games think everything that has a 'buy currency' option is evil.

I agree with you and I've said something like that before, if someone wants to criticize warframe for whatever reason go ahead. But in terms of how it treats F2P it's the best one out there

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I think trashy mobile games tainted monetization, people that experienced those games think everything that has a 'buy currency' option is evil.

I agree with you and I've said something like that before, if someone wants to criticize warframe for whatever reason go ahead. But in terms of how it treats F2P it's the best one out there

The hilarious part to me is that if one really thinks of a game or a company as being bad/evil for the way the monetize, then why would that person play the game, ever, much less take the time on a forum to talk about it?

That part makes so little sense to me.

If a game does not suit your needs and outlook, then don't play it, it's not a difficult formula.

Think a company is un-ethical? There are a ton of ways to report them to the proper authorities.

To me these posters clutching their pearls over how WF sells it itself are just concern trolls who think they need to Parent the world, as if we are all 12 with no ability to think for ourselves.

DE is fairly actively changing/trying to improve it's new player experience, so it's obvious they also think it needs work, but the concern trolls and the players full of corporate FUD will never be appeased, they will always find fault, it's what the live for IME.

These endless proclamations (that just repeat the same ideas presented on forums like this for decades) of what needs to be done to magically fix games (make everything easier to obtain) remain a hilarious pastime in terms of comedy relief from real life for me.

10 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Engage in a discussion?

For what purpose?
Wrong subforum to begin with

And i never said you are wrong cause you are right
I just dont have faith in that kind of change just because we are asking for it

Only proper way to request such a change is with our wallets
If they feel $$$ dont swim their way because we refuse to play a game without proper tutorial and shoving in graphical improvements over fixing broken UI elements or lack of information
Nothing will really change

Ah, my bad. I misunderstood. I thought you were being sarcastically dismissive of the idea of tutorials in general.

🙂

14 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Ah, my bad. I misunderstood. I thought you were being sarcastically dismissive of the idea of tutorials in general.

🙂

Ow by all means
Shove in there as many tutorials as possible
If we can skip them and replay/view them again
Im all in for them to exist

Archived