Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Gain continued affinity after forma at a diminished rate.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

You technically do, but it's converted to Tenno Way affinity. I forget if you're required to have a lense on to get ANY way affinity, but that's where the extra affinity goes.

Other people have already suggested a sort of affinity battery that you can charge by excess affinity, but a lot (and I do mean a LOT) were unhappy with that suggestion.

EDIT: Unless if you're suggesting that things level slower after being forma'd, in which case... I'll pass on that. Some weapons and frames already take ages to level, even with 15 rounds of Hydron. I've had frames only get 2-3 levels per run of it @-@ I do NOT need that to be slower if I actually LIKE the frame enough to forma it.

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

An instant MR boost due to a logical change in the leveling system sounds like it'd be a win for everyone. 

If it happens it happens IMO, I don't feel strongly for or against it, but apparently a lot of people very much hate the idea.

2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

There already has been a change to MR requirements for leveling up in the past. Dont see any needs for further change.

Wouldn't it be nice to get MR with things that you're actually mastering? Wouldn't it be nice to not have to spend a thousand hours in hydron or akkad? That's not content in my eyes. And don't get me wrong, I'll grind... The amount to get to 30 is rather extreme. But I suppose the new changes that level your abilities relative to your MR alleviates some of this. Hopefully the day comes where you don't get de-leveled from forma if you're MR 30 or above. 

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Wouldn't it be nice to get MR with things that you're actually mastering?

Whats your definition of "Mastering"? I have all Warframes and weapons max level, im pretty sure i have mastered them?

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Wouldn't it be nice to not have to spend a thousand hours in hydron or akkad?

Well in the begining i used to spend a wile in Apollodorus-Mercury leveling up my gear, then came Draco which later got turned from Interception to Survival, now we do Hydron or some other missions, some times i do Cameria-Jupiter in Steel Path. Honestly i dont bother, leveling up gear doesnt take that long when you know how.

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

I'll grind... The amount to get to 30 is rather extreme.

10~20 Hydron waves is extreme for you?

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Hopefully the day comes where you don't get de-leveled from forma if you're MR 30 or above. 

Hopefully never, leveling gear up is not hard, especially when you join a team with a brain-dead press-key-to-win player/frame in your team.

Leveling in Hydron is a choice people make. Hydron isn't even time efficient, people go there mainly because they can level stuff while afk or because they're inexperienced with the game and for some reason people keep telling others to level in Hydron.... The low effort aspect is no different to how people show up to an ESO and stand there doing nothing for 1-2 zones to lazily max weapons.

There's always the option to level gear by just playing the game, rather than going out of your way of doing so. Then for Warframes at least they aren't going to be starting with 0 abilities. DE just needs to get rid of silly Warframe level restrictions from content that has it [Sorties/Arb].

There's a few purpose for ranking up gear. Getting more Mastery Points to get higher MR. Forma a piece of equipment more than once for mod capacity. Maybe in the far future, DE will make it so at Legendary Rank 60 forma no long reset the gear to rank 1. If we have unlimited mod capacity, who would even care about affinity? Hell, who would even use a forma?

On 2021-10-01 at 10:27 AM, Yamazuki said:

Leveling in Hydron is a choice people make. Hydron isn't even time efficient, people go there mainly because they can level stuff while afk or because they're inexperienced with the game and for some reason people keep telling others to level in Hydron.... The low effort aspect is no oik9o0idifferent to how people show up to an ESO and stand there doing nothing for 1-2 zones to lazily max weapons.

I miscommunicated my main point. Another way of explaining my dilemma would be to say that I want to gain MR from using the gear I actually like rather than being forced into a bunch of gear I don't care for. 

Archived