Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Liches, Sisters of Parvos, Future Infested Possibilities

(PSN)Hooligonzo

Okay, so.

Kuva Liches had weapons that were infused with basic Elements, then the combo elements of Magnetic and Radiation, and the physical damage Impact.  It kinda all made sense to me, like those would be the most effective things for Grineer fighting against the Corpus.

And then Sisters of Parvos came out, and they kinda ... did all the same thing.

I can't be the only one that imagined that the Corpus faction Tenet weapons would be sporting some different combo elements and physical damage.  I had it all worked out in my head, ya know.  The Sisters of Parvos "should" have had Puncture weapons for use against Grineer armor, plus Gas against Infested and Blast against Grineer machinery.  It all made sense.

And one day, if there was a major Infested development, we'd see these divine Infested weapons sporting Slash, Viral, and Corrosive.  It just all made sense to me.

Is there a reason that something like this didn't happen?  I can't help wondering it for a moment each time I'm fussing with Tenet or Kuva weapon fusions.  Was I truly the only one that thought something different was going to come along for the Corpus?

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Hooligonzo said:

Okay, so.

Kuva Liches had weapons that were infused with basic Elements, then the combo elements of Magnetic and Radiation, and the physical damage Impact.  It kinda all made sense to me, like those would be the most effective things for Grineer fighting against the Corpus.

I can't be the only one that imagined that the Corpus faction Tenet weapons would be sporting some different combo elements and physical damage.  I had it all worked out in my head, ya know.  The Sisters of Parvos "should" have had Puncture weapons for use against Grineer armor, plus Gas against Infested and Blast against Grineer machinery.  It all made sense.

And one day, if there was a major Infested development, we'd see these divine Infested weapons sporting Slash, Viral, and Corrosive.  It just all made sense to me.

Is there a reason that something like this didn't happen?  I can't help wondering it for a moment each time I'm fussing with Tenet or Kuva weapon fusions.  Was I truly the only one that thought something different was going to come along for the Corpus?

Imagine having infested version of lich which would be ancient healer
Imagine ppl would spawn them in every mission

I would be in for that

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hooligonzo said:

Was I truly the only one that thought something different was going to come along for the Corpus?

i think so. DE are well aware of which damage types are the most viable, and thus exclude them from the Nemesis weapons. also, Liches and Sisters aren't really intended to fight other factions, they're there specifically to kill us. 

I am looking forward to Infested Liches though; hoping they physically evolve with each rank up, and that some of the less used infested weapons will finally get some love.

hace 1 hora, (PSN)Hooligonzo dijo:

Okay, so.

You have a point regarding Grineer weapons vs Corpus weapons, theory wise, but the game makes it look like the opposite.

I find some Corpus weapons to be the bane of the same faction that created them.
Just look at the Battacor, the Ohma, the Agendus... what were they thinking? These weapons have base elements that are strong against their own faction!
There's also a personal new favourite of mine, my Radiation+Corrosive+Viral+Heat (+IPS) Kuva Seer. Old Seer was a gun I wanted to like back in the day but it felt meh, moreover with that big zoom, but boy oh boy, I absolutely love the Kuva one, it pops Grineers as if they were balloons!

Now, for the liches debate. This is a subject I had talked with a friend of mine as we played a while ago.

The "Infested liches". I personally wanted to do a post about these myself, but now that I am here I'll speak my mind on the subject, don't know if this will be a super long message or not, but be warned that I love to type.

Citing robotwars above me, I would love infested liches to feel unique, and change in appearance as they grow stronger.
Stills, it worries me a bit, what kind of weapons they could come with, because quite a lot of infested weapons are really good already, both guns and melees, so adding an extra base element to some of these, besides a nice stats increase, could turn some of those forgotten tools, into really interesting bioweapons.

For example, the Cautacyst, a scyte that has base corrosive, get one with base heat or radiation, build it for viral too, and you may have a super duper scythe! Talking about this weapon, since "charged" attacks were replaced by heavy attacks (Thing which I will talk about on a post about how I feel about melees right now), can we still throw that corrosive good that made it so unique? If anyone knows, I'd love to be enlighted, thanks in advance.

A [PH name] Hivebound Mios! Mios is a very popular Sword & whip melee (I don't know why, though I like it too) and I am sure that a lich version of it would be desired by many.

As for gunnery, I would mention one of my personal often-picked weapons, the Synapse.
The Synapse is the perfect example of why we shouldn't have viral as a base element for Lich weapons, as this thing is a monster already with the right build.
Base corrosive, hypothetically you get one with base heat or radiation just like the Cautacyst, and it'd have even better stats than default, it would be brutal for single targets, unless they added a Tenet Cycron and Kuva Nukor mechanic to it, which would be welcome.

Pox, for example, is another of those weapons that needs a special or buffed version, because it has been completely forgotten over time.

You catch my drift by now.

Even with all the previous things in mind, design wise I wouldn't like Infested liches to just be another type of byped soldier which carries a gun or a melee. My friend and I had speculated of making the weapons be bound to the infested itself, so to obtain their weapons, you'd have to rip them off their bodies. A good example was the "PH Mios" which was the first that came to mind when talking with my partner. Blade would be one of the Lich's hands, and the whip would simply be made out of his tendon and veins, while the hook could be a tooth you've pulled off too. I know it sounds a by gory but in my mind this would be awesome to spectate.

I'm sure this is short enough for anyone to read, got no more to say in regards to the Lich theme, I agree with previous comments too.

Cheers!

I personally believe DE has failed in setting up a proper balance between elements and they know this fact.

And so they have cut off the most effective (corrosive , viral , slash) and least effective (blast , gas , puncture) weapon choices.

While magnetic and impact too are situational I don't think they are too good or too bad to have.

And radiation is just an all round ok element.

Unless DE also does a damage rework I don't expect the element available to change. Even for the infested.

11 hours ago, (PSN)Hooligonzo said:

I was hoping for tenet ferrox, tenet staticor, tenet lenz, and the distinct lack of melee weapons (glast's shop i don't count) from SoP is strange when ohma exists, could easily be tenet ohma.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived