Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix solo

RazerXPrime

Question

During Orphix Venom the spawn rate of Orphix was a lot lower than it is now and I was able to do many rotations by myself. Right now with the same setup I end up with the second one spawning while I'm working on the first one. When I arrive at the second one the third one spawns, when I'm done with the second one the fourth one spawns. Well you get the picture. I can complete the mission. I'll be at about 60%-70% or something. So no biggie for progress or anything and the drop rates for anything in these rotations that's worth anything is so low that you don't really want to farm these missions.

Just wondering if there's a way to do these solo comfortably and not sit with an increasing amount of active Orphix right off the bat. With how I'm doing it now getting to B or C rotation seems impossible.

8 answers to this question

Based on what you're saying, it sounds like the spawn rate of Orphix isn't doing any kind of scaling based on the number of players in the squad.  If that's the case, it would certainly be more difficult to last very long solo.

I'm guessing your Necramech is already using a Fluctus to take out the smaller targets (i forget their name) without wasting time moving with the slow mech, and I'm guessing your mech is at the point where you're basically one-shotting Orphix once they blossom.  If that's the case, I can't think of much else you could do beyond investing in movement mods to get to the next Oprhix faster, which you also might already be doing.

Haha, no I did it today because NW challenge had me pick up a necramech and after 10 trips to cambion drift and not finding an inactive one I just hopped into orphix mission to get it done. I was ok with the Orphix missions during Orphix Venom. They weren't amazing, but they weren't as tedious as they are now.

So no don't worry about it. I'm not a masochist enough to play this mode more than absolutely necessary.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

Haha, no I did it today because NW challenge had me pick up a necramech and after 10 trips to cambion drift and not finding an inactive one I just hopped into orphix mission to get it done. I was ok with the Orphix missions during Orphix Venom. They weren't amazing, but they weren't as tedious as they are now.

So no don't worry about it. I'm not a masochist enough to play this mode more than absolutely necessary.

Pay attention to which worm head is active. I don’t recall which is which but the mechs are only useable with one of them, otherwise they run around on their own. Waiting for cycle change isn’t that long on Deimos so won’t be as bad as waiting for eidelon 

12 minutes ago, Gibsonx said:

Pay attention to which worm head is active. I don’t recall which is which but the mechs are only useable with one of them, otherwise they run around on their own. Waiting for cycle change isn’t that long on Deimos so won’t be as bad as waiting for eidelon 

Well that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for that tidbit.

They screwed with the timers from the orphix event because the Veil Prox Orphix missions drop the GOOD eidolon arcanes in round C.  Like energize etc.... 

During event it was incredibly easy to do 20+ orphix solo (even the full 32 orphix was doable with some luck).   Rot C in orphix now only takes 12 orphix...  

I think they wanted it take REQUIRE a full squad of players like eidolons do/used to....   (I never got into eidolons but I have seen people solo them or run them with less peeps now) so im not sure wtf there is to protect with such harsh requirements in these Orphix missions...  

---------------

I dont ever see people recruit for arcane runs in orphix... EVER... like literally I have never seen it since it has dropped lol....  

Considering what people can do in Eidolons...   DE needs to take the stick out of thier butt.   Make Eidolons easier.  Change the orphix back to they way they were during the event but keep it at RoT C = 12.    Just make them fun to do...........     PT could also stand to be toned down a bunch

I already have all the arcanes and stuff from all of those modes...  so im not whining because of that.   I dont even wanna help others do that stuff.  

--------------

Like new lichs  you guys took something that was fun and ruined it.   I used to help people farm murmurs or fight their tough liches(with me not even having a lich) and now the murmur farms are this tiny corridor of specific planets and the final confrontation you cant get into unless u have a lich.   Newbs need more help with lichs now more than ever but they dont follow normal game rules/mechanics so its not fun fighting them.  

For some reason DE made Railjack Orphix much harder than the event one. Back in the event I could do a full 36 Orphix relatively reliably, but now getting to 24 for a second C reward is cutting it close. A full 36 run solo is in my opinion impossible. The problem isn't the orphix spawn rate but rather the insane damage ramp-up the enemies - especially the sentients - get. You can get hit for over 20k damage in less than a second.

Archived