Jump to content

Galvanized Aptitude still doesn't work with Proboscis Cernos


Entharias
 Share

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

What element setup are you running on it? Why are you even using Galvanized Aptitude in the first place?

Because with just 3 elemental procs its the best damage per slot compared with serration? Maybe?
Proboscis Cernos can keep at least 3 different procs stacks, so the mod its the best option for base damage increase.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

What element setup are you running on it? Why are you even using Galvanized Aptitude in the first place?

I really wanted the 80% status for my build, so i could reach 100% status, and the extra damage was very appealing as well, my thought was to replace serration for it, sadly it doesn't seem to work.

As for elements, it depends on faction, vs Cropus i use Viral + Toxin, vs everyone else i found that Viral + Electricity works very well too.

Edited by Entharias
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Entharias said:

Tested it on PC, i don't know if i did something wrong but with and without Galvanized Aptitude, the bow does the same damage.
 

I haven't tested it, but if I understand this correctly, the radial explosion is completely unaffected, and the projectile damage almost may as well not be.  (Not sure about tentacle damage.)

Proboscis Cernos: Scales off of 10 base dam. 

As you can see in the link, there's a long list of weapons that don't work with CO mods.  Thanks to @(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdomfor testing.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I haven't tested it, but if I understand this correctly, the radial explosion is completely unaffected, and the projectile damage almost may as well not be.  (Not sure about tentacle damage.)

Proboscis Cernos: Scales off of 10 base dam. 

As you can see in the link, there's a long list of weapons that don't work with CO mods.  Thanks to @(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdomfor testing.

 

 

 

 

This was SUPPOSEDLY fixed some patches ago, but seems that some weapons have missed the mark

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, KittySkin said:

This was SUPPOSEDLY fixed some patches ago, but seems that some weapons have missed the mark

Are you referring to this?:

Quote

 

Hotfix 30.5.5 (2021-07-29)

  • Fixed Galvanized Mods offering increased damage from Status on target not reliably working on numerous weapons.

 

That was at the end of July, and TheWayOfWisdom's testing was presumably done in early September.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Entharias said:

I really wanted the 80% status for my build, so i could reach 100% status, and the extra damage was very appealing as well, my thought was to replace serration for it, sadly it doesn't seem to work.

As for elements, it depends on faction, vs Cropus i use Viral + Toxin, vs everyone else i found that Viral + Electricity works very well too.

You put extra viral on the weapon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Fixed in July. Broken again with Nidus Prime. Reported at least 4 times:

 

Oh, so they fixed it and broke it again. NICE. At least with the multishot one and the arcanes primary and secondary weapons no longer sucks. Its something I guess.

The worst is that with just 5 statuses (the basic IPS + viral + heat) you are gaining a 400% added base damage. While put against the 360% from the arcanes, its more than 50% DPS increase from that mod alone without even considering the status chance component.

When put on the equation against serration, its a shame to lost so much DPS because of a damn bug :P

Edited by KittySkin
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe that mod could be changed to give a stacking damage buff to the player's weapon for each status effect they apply with the weapon.

Like how the Zaw arcane called Force works, but it triggers buff instead of damage pulse. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Exodia_Force

The damage would need to be lowered per stack, but it would at least work with everything without having to probably write piles of convoluted scripts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...