Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Suggestion

MekaDovah

Maybe have C rotation come up every 15 minutes instead of every 20 (and just go ABC in 5 minute/wave intervals)? All I'm essentially doing is waiting on a clock and I find it boring. Especially when the drop I'm after fails to appear because of arbitrary dice rolls and I have to wait longer. It's just waiting.

2 hours ago, MekaDovah said:

Maybe have C rotation come up every 15 minutes instead of every 20 (and just go ABC in 5 minute/wave intervals)?

I am curious, why do you just want to change Survival missions? Aren’t all the endless missions basically the same in regards to “waiting on a clock”?

I think it is just too late to make this sort of change now. Stuff is balanced around the current system, rebalancing everything is probably just too much work. Besides, it’s not like your proposal guarantees you’ll get the part any quicker. Who knows, the compromise might even be that it takes longer to get what you want.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

I am curious, why do you just want to change Survival missions? Aren’t all the endless missions basically the same in regards to “waiting on a clock”?

I think it is just too late to make this sort of change now. Stuff is balanced around the current system, rebalancing everything is probably just too much work. Besides, it’s not like your proposal guarantees you’ll get the part any quicker. Who knows, the compromise might even be that it takes longer to get what you want.

Disruption missions have an escalating reward system the longer you go and the better you do the higher tier reward you get(there is a table you can reference) but, to my knowledge , all others go A-A-B-C.

once you get to a certain point in game it seems like its all you have to do but also beyond that you don't even notice the A-A-B-C. drops anymore its more nostalgic to see something come up and your like oh I remember trying so hard to get that now I have spares to sell for credits because i got nothing else to do with them but trust me you don't want them to come faster enjoy playing the game let yourself be happy while you play don't stress about the drop just let them come 

If you can’t handle the wait-grind that is high-level Warframe, @MekaDovah, it might be time to move on like some other veterans. Don’t be afraid to set the game down if it’s simply not fun any more 👍.

DE haven’t done much to provide options to turn that 20 minute wait into 20 minutes of interesting combat, so I wouldn’t hold my breath that they’ll do much to help. Like @krc473 said, they’ve balanced around a player eventually graduating from potential failure while trying to roll the dice to guaranteed chance at rolling the dice (since it’d be kind of stupid to potentially fail when the better option is to not fail at all, and instead simplify the mission to the core element of RNG at the end).

edit: 🤔 I mean, either way you’re rolling an infinite-sided dice that may never land on your number. But still, definitely better to be bored and guarantee the chance than it is to do not-that.

double edit: Hm. Maybe we don’t want DE to make it interesting; any introduction of a thing that turns 100% success into non-100% success would be pretty bad news

triple edit: Hmmmm… Over the years DE haven’t turned 100% success into non-100% success for the veteran players. I think we’re pretty safe 👍. Our ability to succeed without problem is preserved

• 3 months later...
On 2021-09-30 at 7:08 PM, (NSW)Greybones said:

If you can’t handle the wait-grind that is high-level Warframe, @MekaDovah, it might be time to move on like some other veterans. Don’t be afraid to set the game down if it’s simply not fun any more 👍.

Late reply, sorry.

Sound advice, but the thing is I simply want to get to the parts of the game that's still a lot of fun, not stop because one part is being annoying and just happens to be holding up progress. It's not really an all or nothing deal. It's some parts being tedious and annoying, but the rest being just fine and still very enjoyable. I still like Warframe enough that I would like to see the bad parts addressed and improved whenever possible rather than just accept them or give up.

4 hours ago, MekaDovah said:

Late reply, sorry.

Sound advice, but the thing is I simply want to get to the parts of the game that's still a lot of fun, not stop because one part is being annoying and just happens to be holding up progress. It's not really an all or nothing deal. It's some parts being tedious and annoying, but the rest being just fine and still very enjoyable. I still like Warframe enough that I would like to see the bad parts addressed and improved whenever possible rather than just accept them or give up.

Whoah, late reply indeed, haha. No worries.

Why not try a different build for that content? The timer’ll run out regardless, but it might be a little more interesting

edit: Reviewing my original post, I can safely say I wrote it with no small amount of irony

Archived