Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoulsaw's new home after 'Plague Star'!

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, Lminith said:

So where's the compensation to those that farmed the event? They got the Ghoulsaw instead of several formas.
But I guess the idea is to promote players NOT to do events.

They didn't say it is being added tomorrow, but in a future update, that could be many months away, we really don't know at this point. 

Adding Ghoulsaw to Bash instead of Chem is non-sense. If you added Ghoulsaw to that lab because it's "K-Drive related" "Because you ride them", why don't you move all the board parts & Kompressa to that lab instead? and make Ventkids standing only for the mods (unrelated but make Merulina able to use K-drive mods please 🥺) or Operator accessories?

Why don't you put them at Chem labs instead because of the Grineer theme, it made MORE SENSE than that.

Would have been nice to know this during the event to make educated purchasing decisions. This is just another Cedo and Lavos situation. I could have gotten 6 Forma (7 if you include the stance) instead if I knew it would be research right after. It's also quite rude towards the playerbase to hold off on this announcement given the parts were tradeable the whole time.

Also funny how this announcement happens hours after Plague Star ends but weapons like Athodai and Vastilok take half a year to see a return.

Why not the Chem Lab with the other Grineer items?

The Bash Lab just seems like a forced inclusion, still no real reason for its existence and still wish for the ability to delete the Ventkids from it.

Modular items have existed just fine elsewhere, there's even AWs in the Tenno Lab, and there's still the woefully underutilized Orokin Lab.

Also, Forma should be paid out to the people that bought the Saw from the event as the event only recently ended.

The way you guys are going about it now just feels insulting.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You can't partially ride other Grineer weapons with your feet. 

If you want rideable weapons and vehicle themed stuff, why not just allocate archwings, K-Drive parts, and other related items to the bashlab so it's not a waste of space for Yareli? If you wanted to go even further, make it the home of Modular Archwing if that hasn't been canceled or something. No one really cares about Yareli, much less an entire room dedicated to her. So if you want to make use of the room, make it focused on vehicles so we have a reason to visit it outside of loliframe.

On an unrelated note, the Rip and Ride combo should be extendable, otherwise it just feels clunky. The weapon itself needs some minor stat tweaks too.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Ghoulsaw components will be available for Research and Replication in the Bash Lab in player Dojos.

The Butcher's Revelry Stance will be available as a drop from the Ghoul Rictus enemy!

The latter is understandable, but the former is questionable? I would've placed it in Hok's Zaw shop at Rank 3 with the Ostrons as the requirement. You could consider Hok skillful and lucky enough to kill several Grineer Ghouls to the point of savaging some Ghoulsaws from the Rictus.

2 hours ago, Droghan said:

Why the Bash Lab?  Shouldn't this be in the Grineer Lab along with the other Grineer themed items?

Anywho thank you for making it available to everyone outside of the event!!

because you can ride ghoul saw

I literally warned my buddies that DE being DE who wont respect your time would make it like Cedo all over again, poor guys hoarded parts thinking they could sell it later after event ends instead of getting more forma. 23k standing is like 7 formas. only this time you would buy it only with credits lol not even mother tokens or syndicate standings.

So a forgettable, subpar weapon is being added to a lab containing a forgettable and subpar frame. Yeah, I'm still not building that junk in my dojo.

Not to mention that a Grineer weapon is being added to a Fortuna/Ventkids themed lab. That's just bizarre if you ask me and looks like a very meager attempt at making that room at least slightly more relevant.

It should be added to the Ghoul-Purge event reward-table, because that just makes the most sense.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The Vent Kids are all about kitbashing, throwing parts together to make something that works. They make vehicles, and the Ghoul Saw looks like something that was more a vehicle turned into a weapon than the other way around. It works.

Yeah, but ghoulsaw is used by the ghouls, although kitbashing makes some sense, that's for all of Fortuna with kitguns. I have known that the new lab needs stuff, but thrashing things just for the sake of having something is not the way to do it...

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Bash Lab will also be a place for other modular stuff like modular archwings

I get what you’re saying. But we really don’t need another lab in the dojo. We need dojo revamp and reworks. (Could rework the Tenno lab and attach the “bash lab” to it or something) Especially sense we also have a railjack hangar. Modular Archwing would make more sense on one of the consoles not being used in the railjack hangar imo. We already have a bash lab in Fortuna. 

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Ghoulsaw components will be available for Research and Replication in the Bash Lab in player Dojos.

Well, guess the Bash Lab has to be used for something...

While yeah there are ways to reason around this decision, at the end of the day it's a Grineer Ghoul weapon so it makes far more sense being in the Grineer lab or dropping from Ghouls. Bizarre decision. If it needs to be clantech for some reason then at least put it with all the other Grineer weapons.

1 hour ago, Tsoe said:

because you can ride ghoul saw

Kind of, for maybe a few feet. Not like the k drives at all. 

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You can't partially ride other Grineer weapons with your feet. 

But it’s still a grineer weapon. Whether  you can ride it or not. It’s a “Ghoul Saw”. Riding it, is irrelevant. 

Archived