Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoulsaw's new home after 'Plague Star'!

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Maybe DE will add an augment that allows us to ride the Ghoul Saw as much as we want? I would definitely use a mod slot to make my meme weapon more fun! For now, I just dream of the "perfect ride" 😻

gbGA2IA.jpg

Great augment to put in the fortuna bash lab. That would make sense. Ghoul saw needs to be in the chem lab tho. 

Justification for the placement of this weapon is as off base as the Bash Lab existing at all. If the Bash Lab gets used as a one-time event weapon lab in future that'll be cool. Wish it was elsewhere, but hey we're here now. Orokin Lab could use some love in future, hope it gets an update sometime.

2 hours ago, Lminith said:

So where's the compensation to those that farmed the event? They got the Ghoulsaw instead of several formas.
But I guess the idea is to promote players NOT to do events.

EDIT: Like other people before I believe this should put on another game content, Ghouls would be the best candidate, instead of giving it for free on Dojos. Doing this is basically saying f*** you to everyone that farmed it. At least on Cedo it was like this.

They already clarified earlier to this post that ghoulsaw will be farmable from the game after plague star. Pay attention and calm your self down. 

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

K-Drive inspired combo, it's what the Vent Kids wanted. 

Two things:

Ventkids skin for the ghoulsaw maybe, then? I would love to see some skins, or other ghoulsaw-type weapons, that are made out of random corpus garbage.

Why can't we ride the Twin Grakatas like roller skates?!

1 hour ago, Angtynur said:

"Ventkids? Hi, Vay Hek here. I need a new batch of ghoul saws for my ghouls to go after those Tenno maggots in the Plains of Eidolon. Can they be delivered next Monday? Cool. Bah-bah."

"Make it a DOUBLE order! That's an order, MAGGOTS!"

5ouqkv.gif

1 hour ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Great augment to put in the fortuna bash lab. That would make sense. Ghoul saw needs to be in the chem lab tho. 

I also think the Ghoulsaw BP should be in the Chem Lab (because we are copying Grineer tech) and that the parts should drop from the Ghoul Purge Bounties. It would time-lock it when the Ghoul Purge event is off, but I think it would encourage more participation. If the parts dropped off of the ghouls, players could just farm them from the Grineer Disruption.

Something Mrs.[DE] said, "it's what the Vent Kids wanted." I understand DE's need to populate the Bashlab with stuff. These things take time, maybe DE will move the Ghoulsaw out of the Bashlab in a year or two.

This could be how we get a proper K-Drive of the Ghoulsaw too, im sure the rigging and what not would take time but at least can just re use a built ghoulsaw and maybe any built k drive to obtain it.

Or as someone else said, let the vent kids make a new vehicle with it all together, the Ghoulbike! Very ghost rider themed. Or a Ghoulwing! XD

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You can't partially ride other Grineer weapons with your feet. 

....That is the STUPIDEST reasoning ever. And please, tell the devs I said that. I know they want to justify the new lab, but come on!

Plus, we can barely ride the saw, despite the requests.

(Please note, not trying to kill the messenger here. I know Reb is the just the news deliverer.)

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

K-Drive inspired combo, it's what the Vent Kids wanted. 

We already have operators so it would seem DE is fine with child soldiers as an in game concept and since the Vent Kids wanted the ghoul saw in the bash lab. . .

Is it unreasonable to ask for a summonable ghoul saw wielding vent kid mercenary army during the new war? 

6 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The Vent Kids are all about kitbashing, throwing parts together to make something that works. They make vehicles, and the Ghoul Saw looks like something that was more a vehicle turned into a weapon than the other way around. It works. 

The ghoul saw is in fact a large circular saw.

Due to the overall look and the relief cuts in the blade (stylized, square is usually bad in most cases dealing with stresses.) it is pretty much an oversized modern day concrete saw.

In terms of it being a vehicle, while people do get up to all sorts of fun things irl and in game no doubt, the risk of amputation or death is generally not so obvious in many other activities people partake in.  

Can you guys lay off Yareli's case? She may be a foreign concept that she's actually fun but getting fed up of all the hate aimed at her so much- between the Yareli haters and Wukong fanbois it's like boring, mindless Frame is more needed than something cute and fun... gawd...

I was expecting the ghoul saw to end up as a ghoul bounty drop actually, would have been the most logical option (especially considering it's tradable).

The grineer chem lab would also make sense , cause you know , it's a grineer weapon.

Hell, you could put it in the steel meridian shop and it would still be acceptable.

The ghoul saw being in the bashlab makes no sense , it is downright arbitrary and feels like you just wanted to have something in the bashlab cause your plan to introduce modular items has gone on the backburner and no one is building the bashlab cause it doesn't aeem worth it 

The ghoul saw is not rideable in my opinion, it is the stance that makes it slide , like many other stances with good forward momentum combos. If I could actually ride the ghoul saw indefinitely I would have had lesser problems.

It is also not something "bashed" , it is pretty much a copy of the ghoul saw we see the rictus ghoul with. 

I know you have already decided and any feedback we give towards it is pointless. But this whole thing is so miniscule and pointless that is creating unnecessary conflict and controversy.

Maybe make something actually worth putting in the bashlab that makes sense. Even yarelli is a stretch , she would have been better off as a Tenno lab or ventkid standing frame (I am sure that would have its own controversy).

This whole thing is mildly annoying , the equivalent of putting a square socket in a round hole with brute force.

As for the standing cost that is now soon to be " wasted" I don't really care , i got it early , I could try it out and not have to wait a month for the event to end (plus however long it will take to actually release it). This is not the first time and I doubt it will be the last time such a thing happens. I mostly skipped the plague star cause it is such a bore after the first few times. My time was better spent farming some actual platinum tradeable items that will net me more forma than the time I would have sunk into plague star.

Personally I'm pretty happy that there's an option outside of Plaguestar to obtain the Ghoulsaw. I got the pieces and stance first and then played towards the arcanes and both mods, and was sort of tossing up between getting an extra Saw for my partner who didn't run the event as often as I did or just keep on getting some arcanes (got the thrown melee up to rank 2 and the shockwave's rank 1), so I'm glad to hear that she'll have the chance to use it after the event.

Even though chem lab jumps out as the first choice, it sort of makes sense that it'd be in the bash lab due to the rideable nature of the saw (who better to adjust a weapon for riding than some k-drive experts?), and it'll be nice to see more added to the lab in the future

edit: 🤔 Between the kids in the Bash Lab and the staff in the Dry Dock, I'm starting to feel inclined to make the dojo a little more like a livable space. I love doing that kind of stuff for NPCs in games

22 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Pretty sure many of the players have stopped speaking the language of the game entirely

Many of the players stopped speaking the language of the game... In other words... You're saying many players are speaking an entirely different language than the developers? Interesting. I agree.

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

Many of the players stopped speaking the language of the game... In other words... You're saying many players are speaking an entirely different language than the developers? Interesting. I agree.

Yup. Language of the grind. Game terms like "energy economy" and "precision aim" and "dodging" aren't really part of the vocabulary anymore. They got replaced by terms like "efficiency" and "mandatory mods" and "AFK".

Then players create topics or posts, drawing on said different language to describe their ideas or make their points, and for some reason results don't happen.

Archived