Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoulsaw's new home after 'Plague Star'!

[DE]Rebecca

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Yup. Language of the grind. Game terms like "energy economy" and "precision aim" and "dodging" aren't really part of the vocabulary anymore. They got replaced by terms like "efficiency" and "mandatory mods" and "AFK".

Then players create topics or posts, drawing on said different language to describe their ideas or make their points, and for some reason results don't happen.

Well I definitely agree if Warframe had a language, it would be grind. Although I've never believed in mandatory mods and while afk players are my biggest pet peeve in WF, i do believe in efficient use of my time. Ironic given my post count, I know.

8 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Well I definitely agree if Warframe had a language, it would be grind. Although I've never believed in mandatory mods and while afk players are my biggest pet peeve in WF, i do believe in efficient use of my time. Ironic given my post count, I know.

Mm hm. I mean, it's a reasonable language to speak, since it's kind of the only logical course of action. "Why waste time when you simply can choose not to?"

Not the most interesting language. I saw courses being offered by the community on how to speak the language, and was like "Hmmm.... nah, thanks". Can't deny it's a logical language though.

edit: Oh wait, I wouldn't say "Warframe's" language is that of grind 😅. Warframe's a game! It'll speak a different language by its very nature

15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

00ef7d76de9c63153f1fbbcfaf668aa8.png
Tenno!

Plague Star has come and gone, and it's time to give the Ghoulsaw a new home for free acquisition so players can still freely access it when Plague Star is not running. Our plan is as follows: 

The Ghoulsaw components will be available for Research and Replication in the Bash Lab in player Dojos.

The Butcher's Revelry Stance will be available as a drop from the Ghoul Rictus enemy!

This will release in a future Update on all platforms - this information can help you prepare if you missed out on Plague Star and still want to get your hands on the Ghoulsaw outside of the Market! 

Cheers!

15 hours ago, Droghan said:

Why the Bash Lab?  Shouldn't this be in the Grineer Lab along with the other Grineer themed items?

Anywho thank you for making it available to everyone outside of the event!!

This. I'm sorry, DE Dev who made this decision, but this is a rather silly move from a lore point of view and really just in general. It screams lazy. I know you want to justify the existence of the Bash Lab but this ain't it chief. Yareli barely belongs there to begin with since she would have fit nicely in the Tenno labs, or hell, in the Vent Kids inventory at Fortuna.

Instead of adding a Grineer weapon to a non-Grineer factions labs, how about down the line adding new custom k-drive scrawls, decals, accessories, and maybe even some k-drive Grandmother themed oddities or ship decorations akin to Tickers bits and bobs? Hell, maybe even posters for the Orbiter 🙂
Even better, get the fan/art community involved in the creation of some of these scrawls/decals/posters as a sort of mini event! 😃

Spoiler

On a somewhat unrelated note, Yareli's Merulina subsumed to Mirage's Eclipse with Aquablades active while using the Ghoulsaw has brought much joy 😂

Do people actually think they deserve some kind of compensation for farming? It's not like DE is taking anything away from you or making any change to mechanics like with Melee 3.0. But on the actual announcement, yeah, being in the Bash Lab makes no sense, but is so minor that it really doesn't matter. I got mine and am good.

20 hours ago, Droghan said:

Why the Bash Lab?  Shouldn't this be in the Grineer Lab along with the other Grineer themed items?

Of course not, they need a reason to keep this room

21 hours ago, Droghan said:

because DE need to try and justify the new lab they forced upon us

hace 21 horas, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

00ef7d76de9c63153f1fbbcfaf668aa8.png
Tenno!

Plague Star has come and gone, and it's time to give the Ghoulsaw a new home for free acquisition so players can still freely access it when Plague Star is not running. Our plan is as follows: 

The Ghoulsaw components will be available for Research and Replication in the Bash Lab in player Dojos.

The Butcher's Revelry Stance will be available as a drop from the Ghoul Rictus enemy!

This will release in a future Update on all platforms - this information can help you prepare if you missed out on Plague Star and still want to get your hands on the Ghoulsaw outside of the Market! 

Cheers!

This time DE should compensate people who has farmed extra sets. It can be a CEDO 2.0 BETRYAL for grind.

I've always been fond of the ventkids and spent a lot of time in Fortuna using kdrives and I liked the new lab, but even have to admit this is a really poor excuse for putting the Ghoulsaw in the Bashlab. 

So what if it's rideable (for a super short period) or that the kids think it's cool, that does not mean they should be the ones building it. It's a Grineer weapon from Ghouls. The ventkids have probably never even seen a Grineer, let alone a ghoul. They'd have no idea how to realistically make it work. The bp should be in the chem labs if it has to be in labs at all.

Personally I think the parts should drop from the Rictus ghoul or from ghoul bounties. It'll add some farming so it's not a direct slap to players like myself that farmed plague stars. It'd make Ghoul Purge less negligible. And it would make far more sense lorewise to collect parts from the enemy that is ALREADY USING IT rather than a bunch of kids that've never been anywhere near a Grineer.

Ultimately, DE, this is a poor justification on all accounts and should not happen. It's confusing to new players and unrealistic to the lore and game. Ventkids are from Fortuna. Keep it Corpus or keep it out. 

14 minutes ago, IR4_IR4 said:

This time DE should compensate people who has farmed extra sets. It can be a CEDO 2.0 BETRYAL for grind.

Why? This time they were very clear that you will get it later. I've farmed just one set + stance because I knew it it would be "pretty" useless to sell.

12 hours ago, Satr.ho said:

Is this encouraging skipping event ?🤣🤣🤣

Yup! DE has a long history of make things easier to acquire as time goes on. Sadly some players don’t understand that Warframe is a casual walk through the park. No urgency, No skilled required. Just turn it on and press some buttons for your rewards. 
Schitts Creek Flirting GIF by CBC

3 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Can I assume that people will demand their money be refunded when they make it available in-game?

It has nothing to do with that, rather that it's a ridiculous notion to lock something like this behind a paywall (which again, I did pay for) without it either being guaranteed or otherwise obtainable. Some of us were sick during the event, some of us lost access to the game due to technical issues or IRL concerns.

Did we see people whining about refunds when the Athodai was given a place to be obtained? No.

4 minutes ago, iPathos said:

Did we see people whining about refunds when the Athodai was given a place to be obtained? No.

I'm convinced it had more to do that it took a good chunk of time for it coming back and that people's concern about its acquisition died off. Something that's been used effectively on us. With the way "refund" is being demanded, I have a strange feeling that it will eventually get to that.

The expectation that we should always get a refund/compensation because of "things outside of our control" is starting to look like entitlement even when the value of it is so low. Refund on that Railjack felt meaningful to those that started early before the announcement, refund for those that started out in the beginning? Depends on whether they played more of the content or they did little between the two times.

Refund on Orphix Venom and this Plague Star because their currency was wasted on something of low value due to FOMO is like taking the scam when they know it's a scam.

2 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

I'm convinced it had more to do that it took a good chunk of time for it coming back and that people's concern about its acquisition died off. Something that's been used effectively on us. With the way "refund" is being demanded, I have a strange feeling that it will eventually get to that.

The expectation that we should always get a refund/compensation because of "things outside of our control" is starting to look like entitlement even when the value of it is so low. Refund on that Railjack felt meaningful to those that started early before the announcement, refund for those that started out in the beginning? Depends on whether they played more of the content or they did little between the two times.

Refund on Orphix Venom and this Plague Star because their currency was wasted on something of low value due to FOMO is like taking the scam when they know it's a scam.

The "refund ideal" is entirely separate to the concern I raised though. I'm still more than a little annoyed it took around 8 months before the Athodai became available to non-attendees as it sets a precedent. I doubt I'm the only one wanting another method of attainment around the Vastilok (and potentially other similarly-obtained weapons), whether it be for those who paid and missed out or for those who didn't/couldn't get the pass.

Similar example being my motherboard dying a week or so ago, leaving me incapable of redeeming any leftover Operational Supply standing with Nakak - or carrying on killing Hemocytes for Cystoliths or further standing. Outside circumstances occur, as well as more common restrictions like general IRL situation - financial or otherwise.

23 hours ago, Lminith said:

So where's the compensation to those that farmed the event? They got the Ghoulsaw instead of several formas.
But I guess the idea is to promote players NOT to do events.

EDIT: Like other people before I believe this should put on another game content, Ghouls would be the best candidate, instead of giving it for free on Dojos. Doing this is basically saying f*** you to everyone that farmed it. At least on Cedo it was like this.

Couldn't agree more! If I'd known I could just pick up at the dojo, I wouldn't have been driven by FOMO to play plague star. I had limited time with my new job so I unfortunately couldn't farm forma this time around, but my limited time could have been better spent if I knew they were effectively giving it out practically for free with no major time investment.....

Archived