Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoulsaw's new home after 'Plague Star'!

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, L3512 said:

Yeah the idea is that DE forgets about the saw for ages or makes it a really rare drop.

You bank on there being at most one plague star per year, say at a minimum twelve moths from now.

As supply dries up the price increases, try to sell before a major crash like Basmu right now.

Of course this plan goes out the window when DE makes the saw very easy and permanently obtainable. 

Oh well. Glad my partner gets a chance to use it when it’s added to the lab

I didn't know you are THAT desperate to make the new "lab" somewhat relevant.. Ghoul Saw has literally NOTHING to do with Ventkids and Fortuna.

How about making that pointless ghoul event somewhat useful instead?

Also.. thanks for Cedo/Lavos v2.0

On 2021-10-01 at 5:57 PM, taiiat said:

that's neither here nor there - if __ isn't supposed to be a big deal and just open to everyone, then just add it to the game normally without making a fuss about it.
that's the gist of what 'the other side of the fence to you' has to say.

I fully understand where you're coming from and I feel like I should be miffed that I spent standing on it rather than the forma I need for all those friggin nemesis weapons, but I knew what I was doing when I farmed it.  Someone in my alliance was talking about farming a bunch of them to sell after the fact and I said that it would be a waste since they're going to add it in after the fact.  

I expect this out of DE at this point.  One of the reasons I haven't done much in the way of liches or sisters since coming back from a break is that I think they're in an even worse place than they were before I left.  I'm just going to sit here until they fix them.  I expected the parts to end up in Ghoul Bounties or the Chem Lab where they belong, so farming extra sets was entirely out of the question for me.  

I'm far more irritated about the existence of the Bash Lab and how it only barely relates to the one thing that's currently in there and doesn't relate at all to the Ghoul Saw.  They're just trying to get people to opt in and be okay with this new lab that honestly has no business existing in the state that it's in.

People have asked for better Kdrive mechanics and for them to be better to use and play with.  People asked for a Kdrive Skate park in dojos.  People asked to ride the Ghoul Saw for longer since slow status weapons are not good status weapons.  Instead they built a time gate new lab for us to build a single, trash tier warframe in and then stuck the thing you can't actually ride into the lab based around the faction that does nothing but ride stuff.

It's like a bad joke.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I'm far more irritated about the existence of the Bash Lab and how it only barely relates to the one thing that's currently in there and doesn't relate at all to the Ghoul Saw.  They're just trying to get people to opt in and be okay with this new lab that honestly has no business existing in the state that it's in.

People have asked for better Kdrive mechanics and for them to be better to use and play with.  People asked for a Kdrive Skate park in dojos.  People asked to ride the Ghoul Saw for longer since slow status weapons are not good status weapons.  Instead they built a time gate new lab for us to build a single, trash tier warframe in and then stuck the thing you can't actually ride into the lab based around the faction that does nothing but ride stuff.

i guess we're at opposites - Research Labs being a mess bothers me less, while the Saws' acquisition methods bothers you less. but both are pretty silly, indeed.

Wait, wait, so the reason, the ONLY reason Ghoulsaw moved to Bash Lab is because one, yes, one combo in its stance has it used as a unicycle, even when the original weapon users never used it that way? lmao

Are we gonna see more vehicle-like function for new items now to justify putting them to the Bash Lab? If not then it would be funny reading this thread again in the future when Bash Lab contains many things with no relevance to Ventkids.

21 hours ago, taiiat said:

i guess we're at opposites - Research Labs being a mess bothers me less, while the Saws' acquisition methods bothers you less. but both are pretty silly, indeed.

I think the primary reason that I'm not that mad about them putting it in after letting us farm it the hard way is the fact that I am completely and totally against exclusives on almost all levels, just on principal.  I don't like time-gated exclusives.  I don't like console exclusives.  I hate missables of any kind in a game.  I don't understand the point of them aside from greedy, unethical FOMO tactics.  Every time they take an item that was a stream drop like the Athodai or an event drop that they're never going to bring back and put that drop elsewhere in the game I'm glad for it.  I despise it when there's something for people to lord over other players where they got it from a stream drop or pure RNG like they earned it.  "Haha I have something you don't have."  I say this as someone with nearly every single item in the game.  I'm missing the sister weapons and like a single kuva weapon and the Founder stuff.  I still don't want exclusives, even for the ones that I have, like older Prime Gaming cosmetics or whatever.  I despise them as a concept.

I'll definitely agree that they should have put them in a lab to start with if they were going to end up there.  Again though, they used the FOMO tactics of us not knowing when it would be available again to sucker us all into farming it immediately.  I can be mad about the initial intent, but not the follow up of them actually adding it back into the game.  I guess in my brain the irritation of that part dissipates because this is technically correcting the problem they created in the first place.  If they fixed everything they screwed up this fast y'all would probably never hear from me again except in-game.

En 1/10/2021 a las 18:00, quxier dijo:

Why? This time they were very clear that you will get it later. I've farmed just one set + stance because I knew it it would be "pretty" useless to sell.

I completely disagree, it was not announced at the beginning. It was as a result of this post after the end of the event, as they did previously with CEDO. In addition to the incongruity of having put in a laboratory that has nothing to do with the grinnier and less with the ghoul. The logical place for it would be taking part of the ghouls' drop pool (it would encourage people to participate in that event).

3 hours ago, IR4_IR4 said:

I completely disagree, it was not announced at the beginning. It was as a result of this post after the end of the event, as they did previously with CEDO. In addition to the incongruity of having put in a laboratory that has nothing to do with the grinnier and less with the ghoul. The logical place for it would be taking part of the ghouls' drop pool (it would encourage people to participate in that event).

exactly this

Now you have done something that makes no sense whatsoever!! The Bash Lab!!!! The GHOULsaw, Ghoul being the main part who reside in PoE, has absolutely nothing to do with Fortuna or Orb Vallis, which the Bashlab is linked to.

On top of that nonsense, you have now given it to people for basically free.... No grinding for parts, just get it from the Dojo with pretty much no resources needed. I could have got more Forma with the Standing I worked for to purchase that, now you just give it away!!! Thankfully I wasn't a person who bought it for Plat, I feel worse for them.

The other weapons from Plague Star are rarely available at any other time, so why this one!?! Well done DE, well done.

5 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

The Ghoulsaw Blueprints have been added to the Bash Lab in the Dojo for Research.

Why there? A Grineer Ghoul weapon, that we got through Plague Star, from Nakak, who's from a different planet and now the vent kids have blueprints? Did you have no other idea for those little dojo space wasters?

hace 4 minutos, LeoniePiggy dijo:

REALLY?!?! After all the backlash you still went through with that absolutely ridiculous change? I'm really disappointed honestly.

This is why I told every one of my friends not to farm for that melee and focus on formas and any other items they needed. They announced that it wasn't gonna be event exclusive weeks before it was added. Only those that don't check the forums/devstreams are the ones who are complaining.

hace 2 minutos, LeoniePiggy dijo:

did you read the comments under that post? it's a sea of "don't do this it's dumb and doesn't make sense in any way"

You must be very new around here if you think that a bunch of random comments would change something that was already decided.

13 minutes ago, LeoniePiggy said:

REALLY?!?! After all the backlash you still went through with that absolutely ridiculous change? I'm really disappointed honestly.

They said way before this announcement that Ghoulsaw will be obtainable after the event. 

Every weapon that can be purchased from the market are not locked to event. 

Dont blame DE for not meeting your unreasonable demands

13 minutes ago, LeoniePiggy said:

did you read the comments under that post? it's a sea of "don't do this it's dumb and doesn't make sense in any way"

Ghoulsaw was obtainable from ingame market during plague star.. Weapons locked into event rewards are not obtainable from the market. 

The decision to keep Ghoulsaw obtainable after Plague Star makes complete sense. DE didnt do anything dumb, on the contrary you were asking them to do something dumb. 

hace 7 minutos, LeoniePiggy dijo:

what I'm complaining about is that if they want it to be in the dojo to at least put it in the chem lab with all the other grineer weapons and not in their newly added basically useless lab that they're just desperately trying to find reasons to justify.

They said on that is because you can ride the saw, which is part of its exclusive stance. Desperately?, yes, but still a valid reason. Many people were asking for more stuff in the Bash Lab since Yareli's patch, and they did and will surely add more to it. They just can't satisfy everyone at the same time.

2 minutes ago, LeoniePiggy said:

instead of adding a grineer weapon to the Chem Lab.

that seems like an awfully small thing to complain about. It's obtainable after the event like it should be. Doesnt matter where I get it from tbh 

hace 1 minuto, vrgamr37 dijo:

that seems like an awfully small thing to complain about. It's obtainable after the event like it should be. Doesnt matter where I get it from tbh 

Everyone that I have asked has give me basically the same thought. Some people are being straight up demanding for no reason.

2 minutes ago, LeoniePiggy said:

my only problem really is HOW they're doing it. They're just desperately trying to justify their newly added useless lab they pushed on us instead of adding a grineer weapon to the Chem Lab.

This is such a small thing to complain about, honestly. This weapons has 5 blueprints, putting it into a lab with a single blueprint per a weapon would clutter it so quickly. As well, Ghouls are infused with sentient energy, so they're barely Grineer regardless.

hace 1 minuto, LeoniePiggy dijo:

One very good concern I read was how this is supposed to make it easier for new players. in what universer does it make sense for just ONE grineer weapon in the dojo to not be in the chem lab? but idk, I'm not the part of the dev team trying very hard to streamline their newplayer experience right now /shrug

Now you are just being straight up salty. As some have already said, this a minimal thing to complaint about. It doesn't really matter where they put it, the melee is available for anyone who missed the event or couldn't participate in time and that's good. New players can benefit of it too, because not all of them could farm the event due to not having a good gear or squad to do so. Get over it already, it is in the Bash Lab and will stay there.

hace 2 minutos, AlphaSonicNova dijo:

Just my opinion, I think having the Ghoulsaw in the Dojo at all is a bad idea, why not make it a drop from the Ghoul Purge Bounties like the Quartakk and Stubba? If the Ghoulsaw MUST be in the Dojo, please change it to the Chem Lab instead of the Bash Lab, why is an Earth Grineer weapon in the crib of a bunch of Venusian Solaris K-Drive junkies? I know that you can can ride on a Ghoulsaw but that's only accomplished by a very strong and highly dexterous Warframe and I doubt a tiny Ventrat could do the same thing.

Well, someone said that ghouls aren't exactly 100% grinner and according to some parts of their lore, there are rumours in Cetus that say they feed on kids at night. The Venkids could have heard this too, since some Cetus folks visit Fortuna regularly, so they could somehow offer the tenno a ghoul weapon to avenge the lost kids.

Archived