Something fishy in cambion drift...

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

Question

Wondering if anyone else has noticed strange thins with fish spawns in cambion drift??  

Last night I dropped into the drift during FASS cycle and fishing went normal... in various caves, on the surface....

Then the cycle changed from FASS to VOME....   NO fish would spawn in the big central cave system...  fishing on the surface went kinda normal...  a few day time fish showed up lol. (flaggs)

It could be cuz the cycle change broke the cave fish....   but I have tried to help others go fishing before and stuff in the caves have refused to spawn (dont remember the time of day it was a loooong time ago).   

-----

The central cave system straddles "The Gutter"..  The left side was always broke and nothing ever spawned there... but they did fix that....  This is on the right side of the gutter where things have always worked but now it has problems...  

--------

So if you see this post and you go fishing at NIGHT/VOME  directly or after a cycle change maybe you could also check the cave fishing to see how it behaves? 

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Wondering if anyone else has noticed strange thins with fish spawns in cambion drift??  

Last night I dropped into the drift during FASS cycle and fishing went normal... in various caves, on the surface....

Then the cycle changed from FASS to VOME....   NO fish would spawn in the big central cave system...  fishing on the surface went kinda normal...  a few day time fish showed up lol. (flaggs)

It could be cuz the cycle change broke the cave fish....   but I have tried to help others go fishing before and stuff in the caves have refused to spawn (dont remember the time of day it was a loooong time ago).   

-----

The central cave system straddles "The Gutter"..  The left side was always broke and nothing ever spawned there... but they did fix that....  This is on the right side of the gutter where things have always worked but now it has problems...  

--------

So if you see this post and you go fishing at NIGHT/VOME  directly or after a cycle change maybe you could also check the cave fishing to see how it behaves? 

Hmm interesting, will check after this.

The drift's had fish spawning issues since day one. DE's never addressed this. This can happen on the surface too. I've wasted so much bait to fish just deciding not to spawn.

There are a few inconsistent spots in the orb vallis that can also do this. but unlike the drift, most of the valis functions properly.

Fishing could really use a full overhaul

• Like 1

About an hour yea.     Day and Night have some different fish in various places.  

--------------

I dropping in during vome and there was nothing spawning.....

Where as the day before when it went from Fass to Vome the caves were empty but I did have stuff spawning outside.    

But its definately broken.   There are other ways to get fish parts but that sucks. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lutesque said:

How long is each Cycle ? One Hour ?

And what are the differences between the Cycles ?

I think they are an hour, maybe less. Fish might be a difference, not sure about conservation. Vome has friendly mechs around the map while Fass has the broken mechs that can be commandeered. The cycle change has you collecting the residue from the previous worm, if you want any.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I think they are an hour, maybe less. Fish might be a difference, not sure about conservation. Vome has friendly mechs around the map while Fass has the broken mechs that can be commandeered. The cycle change has you collecting the residue from the previous worm, if you want any.

Yeah I found one of those... Hopped inside and then Hopped back out because my Objective was somewhere the Mech can't Reach.... After Doing that I came back and it was Gone 😱 !!!