Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait a minute don't we have cure for infestation?

ChaoticEdge

What I realized, we had about good amount of "cure" lore about infestation, in the "Nidus Quest" before lotus turn rouge, lotus said "we got a cure for the infestation" these ppl were living with the infestation in the station as if we remember it correctly Alad V for he got a quest (event war) for he "WAS" infested and got "cured".  Now where I am going with this is why didn't we get the cure for the Entarti's family? 

Confused GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Then again someone will say "oh they been there over probably thousands of years for they are stuck like that" and no, not going buy that rubbish for we did had event "injecting cure for the forest" not only that as I observed the world infestation even thou they been there "THE LONGEST" they didn't infested whole planet to correct to see that these infested cannot consumed everything like the Heart of Demios, the nekromech, the orokin's room area, whatever there is "gold like color" (Tau materials) or void essence.  It's not like we can't cure them when we could of inject much we can to give these Entarti's family back their life back.

*sigh* I do question DE's when they making lore but as I realized we had half bake stories why we didn't cure the Entarti's family or did they ever think about getting the cure for themselves.

I'll just give you the blunt of it - it's science fiction; whatever plot hole, logic, or unconvincing story they have it allows them to keep. Either they want the lore to stay the way it is or the decision to move forward with it is not in their interest, yet or ever.

13 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Then again someone will say "oh they been there over probably thousands of years for they are stuck like that"

Considering how they are physiologically integrated to the infestation to an alarming degree, this is a sensible conclusion in that many life-preserving functions of their bodies are likely heavily supported by it, presumably replacing some major vital organs entirely, attempting to cure them would probably run a fair risk of causing massive organ failure and considering they are Orokin similar to Ballas, it is also highly unlikely that appropriate replacement organs could be procured or produced, and that is assuming that Orokin follow any sort of medical logic that we know of.

51 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

What I realized, we had about good amount of "cure" lore about infestation, in the "Nidus Quest" before lotus turn rouge, lotus said "we got a cure for the infestation" 

That is not what happened

The Triuna is a much weaker form of the Infestation. One that doesn't take over your brain or spread through techno-organic spores. Lotus only offers to treat this one strain during early-onset, and does not have the resources to cure a full-on Infestation

6 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

wut ur saying the monster rise from Eris where the true infested is being held?

When DE first announced the "infested open world", I was so sure it was going to be on Eris! Even the Zealots of the Emissary nightwave story suggested Eris.

Even Konzu says Eris:

• "Infestation. My uncle, Hinmun, sold minerals aboard a market near Eris. Quite popular with deep-system traders. At least, it was. They were broadsided by one of these boils. It spread fast. They could have run; risked taking it with them. Instead, they turned off life support and blew out escape pods. Decades later, it still orbits Eris, writhing. One voice repeating the same message, over and over, 'We are death. Leave us, and do not look back.' My uncle's voice. Fail here, Tenno, and that will be the fate of Cetus. To be warning for the living. From a place where none may tread."

1 hour ago, ChaoticEdge said:

What I realized, we had about good amount of "cure" lore about infestation, in the "Nidus Quest" before lotus turn rouge, lotus said "we got a cure for the infestation" these ppl were living with the infestation in the station

The cure isn't for the infestation. It's for the Triuna. A genetic condition that makes a person immune. However this genetic condition has a drawback. It can only be inherited by a child and it shorten the lifespan of the bearer. Hence the reason why the Lotus wants to cure Neewa (the Triuna at the time of the quest).

if we remember it correctly Alad V for he got a quest (event war) for he "WAS" infested and got "cured".  Now where I am going with this is why didn't we get the cure for the Entarti's family? 

Alad V's case is with different strain. His experiment created a new strain. The mutalist strain. Whatever Alad V is using won't work with the Entratis if such prolonged infection is still curable. It makes sense that he can make a cure for it since he is the one that created the strain. Also compared to the Entratis, his infection is relatively new.

Then again someone will say "oh they been there over probably thousands of years for they are stuck like that" and no, not going buy that rubbish for we did had event "injecting cure for the forest"

The only event that has anything to do with "injecting cure" is The Cicero Crisis. No infestation involved. Orokin experiments create super plants forests and to clear them the Grineer used Cicero Toxins. The mission is to inject the forests with antitoxin to counter the Cicero Toxin.

I observed the world infestation even thou they been there "THE LONGEST" they didn't infested whole planet to correct to see that these infested cannot consumed everything like the Heart of Demios, the nekromech, the orokin's room area, whatever there is "gold like color" (Tau materials) or void essence.

And? Just because those things aren't consumed/infected by the infestation doesn't mean it's an instant cure.

*sigh* I do question DE's when they making lore but as I realized we had half bake stories why we didn't cure the Entarti's family or did they ever think about getting the cure for themselves.

They tried. But they said it clearly that the infestation changes faster than they could study it. Even if they managed to make a cure it's already too late. Unlike Alad V, they didn't create the infested (they are specialized in void technology) so they need to start from scratch.

So far there is no plot hole regarding the cure for infestation. Maybe do a little research next time.

What I realized, we had about good amount of "cure" lore about infestation, in the "Nidus Quest" before lotus turn rouge, lotus said "we got a cure for the infestation" these ppl were living with the infestation in the station as if we remember it correctly Alad V for he got a quest (event war) for he "WAS" infested and got "cured".  Now where I am going with this is why didn't we get the cure for the Entarti's family? 

Confused GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Then again someone will say "oh they been there over probably thousands of years for they are stuck like that" and no, not going buy that rubbish for we did had event "injecting cure for the forest" not only that as I observed the world infestation even thou they been there "THE LONGEST" they didn't infested whole planet to correct to see that these infested cannot consumed everything like the Heart of Demios, the nekromech, the orokin's room area, whatever there is "gold like color" (Tau materials) or void essence.  It's not like we can't cure them when we could of inject much we can to give these Entarti's family back their life back.

First: The people living with the infestation are only safe because of the Triuna. Like the Lotus said, the Infestation fears hybrids. Thats why when the Triuna is kidnaped, the Infestation starts attacking the Myconians. The Triuna have a unique strain of the Infestation. One that is extremely weak but reduces the lifespan of the infected. And only kids can have it and only by blood transfusion.

The Triuna strain is weak, so the Triuna can be cured from it.

Second: Alad V was infected with the Mutalist Strain. One that he created. One that is focused on infecting inorganic material and AIs. Thats why it can easily mutate a drone but it wasn't able to mutate Alad V fast enough. Because of that he was able to cure himself.

Third: The Entrati was infected with the Gray Strain. This strain have extremely high mutation rate. It can infect an ENTIRE MOON super fast, transform a living being in a large tower of bones and flesh or a huge centipede with knife sharp legs. Its so agressive that it can even ignore the infested hive mind.

There is no way you can create a cure to this. Like in real life, viruses have different strains. You can see that easily with the pandemic. The first strain of the COVID19 was a lot weaker to medicaments and vaccines than the Delta one.

The Entrati have been infected for who knows how long and the Infested on Deimos are an entirely unique strain of Infested. So even if the cure still existed it may do nothing to the Gray Strain anyways. Plus the Entrati point out themselves that they're too far gone and can only repair the damage the Infestation is causing to them which is that Grandmother's serums are for.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

That is not what happened

The Triuna is a much weaker form of the Infestation. One that doesn't take over your brain or spread through techno-organic spores. Lotus only offers to treat this one strain during early-onset, and does not have the resources to cure a full-on Infestation

57 minutes ago, acevezwing said:

The cure isn't for the infestation. It's for the Triuna. A genetic condition that makes a person immune. However this genetic condition has a drawback. It can only be inherited by a child and it shorten the lifespan of the bearer. Hence the reason why the Lotus wants to cure Neewa (the Triuna at the time of the quest).

Alad V's case is with different strain. His experiment created a new strain. The mutalist strain. Whatever Alad V is using won't work with the Entratis if such prolonged infection is still curable. It makes sense that he can make a cure for it since he is the one that created the strain. Also compared to the Entratis, his infection is relatively new.

The only event that has anything to do with "injecting cure" is The Cicero Crisis. No infestation involved. Orokin experiments create super plants forests and to clear them the Grineer used Cicero Toxins. The mission is to inject the forests with antitoxin to counter the Cicero Toxin.

And? Just because those things aren't consumed/infected by the infestation doesn't mean it's an instant cure.

They tried. But they said it clearly that the infestation changes faster than they could study it. Even if they managed to make a cure it's already too late. Unlike Alad V, they didn't create the infested (they are specialized in void technology) so they need to start from scratch.

So far there is no plot hole regarding the cure for infestation. Maybe do a little research next time.

19 minutes ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

First: The people living with the infestation are only safe because of the Triuna. Like the Lotus said, the Infestation fears hybrids. Thats why when the Triuna is kidnaped, the Infestation starts attacking the Myconians. The Triuna have a unique strain of the Infestation. One that is extremely weak but reduces the lifespan of the infected. And only kids can have it and only by blood transfusion.

The Triuna strain is weak, so the Triuna can be cured from it.

Second: Alad V was infected with the Mutalist Strain. One that he created. One that is focused on infecting inorganic material and AIs. Thats why it can easily mutate a drone but it wasn't able to mutate Alad V fast enough. Because of that he was able to cure himself.

Third: The Entrati was infected with the Gray Strain. This strain have extremely high mutation rate. It can infect an ENTIRE MOON super fast, transform a living being in a large tower of bones and flesh or a huge centipede with knife sharp legs. Its so agressive that it can even ignore the infested hive mind.

There is no way you can create a cure to this. Like in real life, viruses have different strains. You can see that easily with the pandemic. The first strain of the COVID19 was a lot weaker to medicaments and vaccines than the Delta one.

O RLY? | Know Your Meme

no that was a joke, and it is possible, if you think about it the sentient are not infected, if we look at the corrupted orokin infested one they aren't cured but they were controlled.  They weren't pure harvest void energy of course we know void energy "harms" but the orokin "made to harness void energy" oh like relic, sorts of things but they can't even use tau materials nanomachine (the whole planet is full of it) and it is better to start using frames parts that are left over like xaku when (lore) they build it and this what we got for it get one thing that no one consider that "they could of used" a part of the strain of warframe but not head alpha, so they could least get some "legs" or able at least use something better instead of relying worm like body of ur legs being devour by the infested for better way to travel when needed.  More like I find it funny they didn't think creating a frame legs for them start walking and don't say it's dark when we had guy turn into every bits all the way to his head in a moa.  It doesn't mean you can't save every parts your body at least you got good memories still intact for I even more realized why didn't they use tau materials place on their legs so they don't get infested for their whole planet got some tau materials or orokin materials that repelled some the infested for I know that the infested didn't devour everything and if they did they wouldn't be scared touching that is from the void or either tau materials.  In the game, we know so little how much they do with doctors in the game for we had not seen a actual doctor in the game that is regular NPC that medic a person for all we do medic that rescue target or either that npc who is down.  Now I know what all you thinking and probably going say "how long this guy is going rambled" for it is not done, the way DE how they did it wasn't exact corse where they are going for they always have tons of series unexplained or why but it turns out they want go prime everything for I guess they don't want to get ask what's going on back there for early they said "No to nidus prime" and now they got "yes nidus prime" that means they don't know how they are going drive this so basically none that matter if your infested or got cured for orokin they just jump into another body but I am assure you it doesn't mean it won't be canon seeing father with mechanical legs or either warframe's legs that he try improvised to be a man trying stand up with his 2 legs and I am pretty sure dev thought of this ahead before I say rubbish, more likely if they do get warframe legs I just going imagine they got nice legging and hopefully it doesn't end up looking like xaku where you probably going need some void battery attach to relic balls as your force run around whole map to keep the energy secured and not run out energy on the legs.  I am pretty sure back then where the corpus still experimenting warframes for it wouldn't be useless for the Entarti's family about research the frame's legs or parts when they could use all that recycled frames in the market that we sold every time that bunch useless frame we got or either got gifted over 100 same frames for I am pretty sure the Entarti family can make it up as they get some good large amount of legs from few 20s-30s frames while they get dissected like the corpus does.  I am pretty sure it is inhuman to frame but we all feed our frames to that helmith that devour frame on the wall.  Pretty much we are the bad guys here if you say we are inhuman to the frame but face the fact it is better to befit the Entarti with warframes so they get pairs of legs so they can at least use less the rat tunnel and start popping up on T.V instead of getting the annoying popping up like a mole ppl.  Pretty much I think the Entarti family probably are missing they beloved legs alot and I am pretty sure the either the son has twisted habit to make some infested legs for himself or either the father create cyborg legs as the mother and sister will be asking where da fiddle stick their pairs of legs at.  Everything right now of the cure of the infested is becoming canon and not canon for they both are facing bipolar moments of time how they direct each other flipping that bird each other.  As DE don't want to talk about Eris by who was there the longest then Demio and more powerful for all who know what because the accident originally started there in lore because the orokin thought it be alright to start figure out how to use this infested to infect the sentient but it doesn't work while the sentient laugh it off as the orokin's weapon get backfired, once again not going off topic pretty much the orokin had no clue how to cure it but it seem the lotus has the result of the cure and same result to Alad V for I got funny feeling that the Lotus know about how play doctor for no one want ask the question how does the lotus make sure to separate the terrified infested in the 1st place for no one want to bloody ask how.  Well we already got spoiler that she was sentient and made half sentient and half human being which return cyborg but worst version for they got nanomachine and look even Ballas got sentient's legs for living.  Where I am going with this oh I dunno probably pointing out it is canon that lotus was using some sort sentient nanomachine to destroy infested for who knows for loving that her medical skills are really advance for sentient for no wonder why the founder of the sentient liked her in the 1st place because she didn't noticed she is bright and clever in her own ways but doesn't think properly when going emotional. 

Now pulling another meme for it is time for u guys to get the picture

Think Mark Invincible GIF - Think Mark Invincible Omniman - Discover &  Share GIFs

Yes right now, no one get the picture how much research done by the lotus if she chose to save everyone from the infested that was created by accident for she could of wipe out the infested in the 1st place but I ask why she didn't do so because the infested were once ppl and probably recognized someone probably who she hold dear as well just like her beloved lover, she has the power cure infested in a way or either figure out to control the infested because the fact she can used sentient and somehow able easily enslaved the ppl again like wolf who was secret agent of the sentient and just completely force made every single corpus in Alad V to be half sentient.  Now think about this, if she gave herself time developed cure for thous corrupted orokin ancient for no one want to wonder will that ancient will be mindless like warframe or end up being like umbra for this wasn't failed experiment for he was able kept his memories intact best he could.  As we all know it, the new war is coming for everyone is going say "it is going be mind blown" but if I am right in my prediction when sentient abducting much they could or whatever they chose, I am pretty sure they turning them into half sentient or replicating kuva and think carefully, the sentient is smarter then what we think, that doesn't have good back lore about them and now understanding between it is pretty much pointed out they do have abilities either control a infested for it takes sometime to adapt to get into their infested hive mind for all they needed just a push for they could of easily achieved unlimited of infestation sentient army for we seen corrupted orokin ancient get controlled so does it is possible for infested hive mind get controlled for like I said it takes time.  Now think about what if lotus was still good lotus we know of still care for she would try new children to care for as well and understanding to cure any infested best she could, that would be unimagineable if she chose the right path but we all know she was filled with doubted mind and worried her secrets will be spilled all over.  I find it funny how the dev don't think their own action before hand but really got no one helping the lore correction in the game.  Everytime I find it DE lacking here and there but don't want go out filling out like warhammer 40k how the developer of warhammer 40k are very determined keep their lore good and very dang good and how much stric action they put into.  Right now, I wish DE took their lore bit more serious or put more on elbow grease to really get the engine started ppl sink into the warframe's lore so that ppl don't find it "confusing" for there been in the past they hadn't been serious about their lore to in take about.  As we know the infested is same mess and just got more messy for the cure somehow got understandable and not understandable even thou you said "this and that" but it doesn't mean "why we can't?" 

2 hours ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

Also that is more kind of "rude" video games and covid don't mix

4 hours ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

I have a question. I wasn't around when Jordas Golum was new. Was Jordas created by the Mutalist Strain? I kinda thought he was older than that... but its a blur.

With this kind of lore I'm really clueless. (and sometimes DE "retconned" things that I didn't know existed).

6 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

When DE first announced the "infested open world", I was so sure it was going to be on Eris! Even the Zealots of the Emissary nightwave story suggested Eris.

Even Konzu says Eris:

• "Infestation. My uncle, Hinmun, sold minerals aboard a market near Eris. Quite popular with deep-system traders. At least, it was. They were broadsided by one of these boils. It spread fast. They could have run; risked taking it with them. Instead, they turned off life support and blew out escape pods. Decades later, it still orbits Eris, writhing. One voice repeating the same message, over and over, 'We are death. Leave us, and do not look back.' My uncle's voice. Fail here, Tenno, and that will be the fate of Cetus. To be warning for the living. From a place where none may tread."

It's literally a dead zone too, nothing goes in or out of it since it's been so overrun and no one's even seen the surface. Pretty sure Jordas was from there too, and even Infested Alad V.

Honestly I think DE just forgot about it, or they thought too many bosses and items were on it so they made a new location. 

4 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

no that was a joke, and it is possible, if you think about it the sentient are not infected

Really? The infested works very very slowly on inorganic beings until Alad created the Mutalist strain.

Now pulling another meme for it is time for u guys to get the picture

None of those things will save that mess. You can't even read and do your own research and expect people to read your incoherent ramblings. Try again.

7 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

in the "Nidus Quest" before lotus turn rouge, lotus said "we got a cure for the infestation" these ppl were living with the infestation in the station

The Myconians from the Glast Gambit weren't really Infested, they just lived near it. There was something called the "Triuna" that may have been a weak strain of Infestation (but maybe not), and the Lotus was able to cure this Triuna condition from Neewa (if you chose to do so). No large-scale Infestation cure.

8 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Alad V for he got a quest (event war) for he "WAS" infested and got "cured".

Alad V is a highly intelligent scientist and he raided (or rather, we raided on his behalf) an extensive network of biotech laboratories run by another highly intelligent scientist, Tyl Regor (this was Operation: Tubemen of Regor if anyone needs context). Alad then took those data and created a cure for himself. This cure was likely personally tailored to him (especially because Mutalist Alad V was a unique manifestation of the Infestation, as he kept his consciousness and had enough agency to seek a cure), and more significantly, Alad didn't share his work with us, so we don't have access to whatever he used to cure himself. Keep in mind that Alad V understands the Infestation better than anyone alive. So no, we can't use Alad's cure for anyone else.

why didn't we get the cure for the Entarti's family?

If you listen to the Entrati's dialogue, they are thoroughly Infested, not just in mind but in body. Their memories and consciousnesses are compromised. Curing them would be an extensive process. They've been trying to cure themselves for hundreds of years, and we're unlikely to have anything they don't, seeing as they are Orokin.

no, not going buy that rubbish for we did had event "injecting cure for the forest" not only that as I observed the world infestation even thou they been there "THE LONGEST" they didn't infested whole planet

This is a bad misreading of multiple events. First of all, we don't know that Earth's plant life is what exterminated the Infestation there, although it is possible. But we also know that Saryn was created to fight the Infested and reclaim Earth, so perhaps it was her that did it, or something else entirely. But if the forests did wipe out the Infested from Earth, then they did it because they were specifically engineered by the Orokin to do it and it likely took a very long time. Now, you reference the Cicero Crisis, which is when the Grineer tried to poison the forests and we fought back. The Tenno injected the antidote to the Cicero toxin, keeping the forests alive. The Infestation was not involved in any way.

whatever there is "gold like color" (Tau materials)

This is not a big deal but idk why you think the gold materials have anything to do with Tau. They don't. It's just gold.

7 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Even Konzu says Eris

Eris is a major hub of Infested activity but not the only one. Mercury, for example, has large outbreaks (likely because of the events of Once Awake), which are referenced by Solaris in Fortuna.

3 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

if you think about it the sentient are not infected

We know Sentients have resistance or immunity to the Infestation, but that's not really relevant to the discussion, as the Entrati are not Sentients.

As DE don't want to talk about Eris by who was there the longest then Demio and more powerful for all who know what because the accident originally started there in lore because the orokin thought it be alright to start figure out how to use this infested to infect the sentient but it doesn't work while the sentient laugh it off as the orokin's weapon get backfired

This is not true. We don't know when Eris was overrun by the Infested, but it seems to have been in the modern era. Konzu says his uncle was a trader in the area some decades ago, and the Eris cephalon fragment states that there used to be Grineer and Corpus activity at Eris but not anymore, due to the Infested. So while Eris is one of the main hotspots of Infested activity, it probably hasn't been so for very long in the grand scheme of things. Deimos, on the other hand, has been Infested for a very long time, and is the home of Lephantis, an Infested creature that Lotus says was "created to fight in the Old War" against the Sentients. If any place was going to be the origin of the Technocyte, it may be Deimos. It's certainly more likely than Eris.

Where I am going with this oh I dunno probably pointing out it is canon that lotus was using some sort sentient nanomachine to destroy infested

I can assure you that what you have said is in no way canon. There are no "Sentient nanomachines" and we have no information on the Lotus attempting to do anything against the Infestation in recent times (really, since the Jordas Verdict).

she could of wipe out the infested in the 1st place but I ask why she didn't do so because the infested were once ppl and probably recognized someone probably who she hold dear as well just like her beloved lover

Lotus is unlikely to have cared for anyone back in the Orokin days except maybe Ballas (who is not Infested). Lotus/Natah was a Sentient spy with a purpose during wartime. She wasn't there to make friends.

she can used sentient and somehow able easily enslaved the ppl again like wolf who was secret agent of the sentient and just completely force made every single corpus in Alad V to be half sentient.

Lotus didn't enslave the Wolf, Alad V did. And at no point was the Wolf a "secret agent". And no, there are plenty of Corpus on Jupiter who are not Amalgams.

it is pretty much pointed out they do have abilities either control a infested

Nope. Sentients cannot control the Infested. Why would you think this?

Also that is more kind of "rude" video games and covid don't mix

????????????

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I have a question. I wasn't around when Jordas Golum was new. Was Jordas created by the Mutalist Strain? I kinda thought he was older than that... but its a blur.

The Mutalist strain was created by Alad V sometime after the Suspicious Shipments alerts, though he was in hiding for much of this period. By the time of Operation: Breeding Grounds he had definitely altered the Infestation enough to affect robots, and the Infested Ship tileset was introduced. We didn't see his new Mutalist units until Operation: Mutalist Incursions. The Jordas Precept quest was released later. We don't know when Jordas was infected, but seeing as how the Infestation's ability to corrupt non-organic victims appears to be the result of Alad V's meddling, Jordas would seem to have been infected with the Mutalist strain (not to mention Jordas' ship was near Eris, which was Mutalist Alad V's research centre).

As a side note, the Jordas Golem is actually a reincarnation of one of Warframe's earliest bosses. At the beginning of the game, Jupiter was an Infested planet, not Corpus, and the boss was the J-3 Golem. The Golem was a giant Ancient (which back then just looked like giant Runners/Leapers). DE was going to add a "J-2000" Golem to the game, but this was renamed to Lephantis, and J-3 Golem was removed shortly thereafter in Update 11 (when Alad V and the Gas City were introduced). Jordas is the cephalon of a 3rd-class Corpus frigate, according to his Synthesis entry, so he is a J-3 Golem.

J-3 Golem's dialogue is currently used for Lephantis.

as others have said, different strains, different problems.

what I don't get is why Cascade Bombs aren't more of a thing: they're described as killing all infestation without harming the environment at all, in any way. why in the blue flying Void have we not used things things more often?:

- plant one in the middle of the Boil on the plains: boom, no more hemocyte or Infestation on the plains.

- liberal use of them on Deimos could undo the Gray Strains efects, thoguh by now some of the tunnels may only be held up by infested tissue, so there might still be some structural problems, but having the number one cause of death on Deimos go from "existing" to "deliberately walking into a questionably stable tunnel and it collapsing on you" is still a marked improvement.

- with enough Cascade Bombs, the Corpus could reclaim Eris and salvage what's left of the fleet: some ships might still even work.

- the Dark Sectors could also be reclaimed. 

I assumed the reason was that Cascade bombs are rather expensive items to create, but considering we use one in an early quest, in an area with far less Infestation than even the "quieter" areas of Deimos, they can't be that costly. so again, why has nobody decided to make a ton of these things and start using them en masse? it could even be an event where the Tenno are the ones having to plant the bombs due to how dangerous the infested are. we have the tech, why is nobody using it?!

7 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

no that was a joke, and it is possible, if you think about it the sentient are not infected, if we look at the corrupted orokin infested one they aren't cured but they were controlled.  They weren't pure harvest void energy of course we know void energy "harms" but the orokin "made to harness void energy" oh like relic, sorts of things but they can't even use tau materials nanomachine (the whole planet is full of it) and it is better to start using frames parts that are left over like xaku when (lore) they build it and this what we got for it get one thing that no one consider that "they could of used" a part of the strain of warframe but not head alpha, so they could least get some "legs" or able at least use something better instead of relying worm like body of ur legs being devour by the infested for better way to travel when needed.  More like I find it funny they didn't think creating a frame legs for them start walking and don't say it's dark when we had guy turn into every bits all the way to his head in a moa.  It doesn't mean you can't save every parts your body at least you got good memories still intact for I even more realized why didn't they use tau materials place on their legs so they don't get infested for their whole planet got some tau materials or orokin materials that repelled some the infested for I know that the infested didn't devour everything and if they did they wouldn't be scared touching that is from the void or either tau materials.  In the game, we know so little how much they do with doctors in the game for we had not seen a actual doctor in the game that is regular NPC that medic a person for all we do medic that rescue target or either that npc who is down.  Now I know what all you thinking and probably going say "how long this guy is going rambled" for it is not done, the way DE how they did it wasn't exact corse where they are going for they always have tons of series unexplained or why but it turns out they want go prime everything for I guess they don't want to get ask what's going on back there for early they said "No to nidus prime" and now they got "yes nidus prime" that means they don't know how they are going drive this so basically none that matter if your infested or got cured for

Sentients arent infected because the infestation is in reality techno-organic. Sentients are highly adaptive against technology, so like with everything else highly advanced they either manage to turn the infestation into their pet or they simply shut it down, like they do with the frames.

And since the orokin bio-tech engineers arent around as far as we know, chances that someone would come up with a new version of helminth to help rehabilitate the entrati would be very small. Chances are the best "cure" out there is the one that the entrati have made, which is more a blocker that afaik they need to constantly refill. Introducing them to helminth would just turn them into frames. There is also a high chance that the entrati rely on their bond with all of deimos to survive, the moon is likely part of them just as they are part of it.

And what do you mean with Tau materials? No one but the sentient can access Tau, and I highly doubt they are willing to stop at deimos to help out an orokin family when their main goal is to annihilate all of Sol already. Or with Tau materials, do you mean use the tech that made the sentients? I kinda doubt the any orokin wants to do that given how that tech turned out last time.

DE have also never said no to Nidus Prime. Certain players have said no to Nidus Prime since they cant think outside of a matchstick box.

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

as others have said, different strains, different problems.

what I don't get is why Cascade Bombs aren't more of a thing: they're described as killing all infestation without harming the environment at all, in any way. why in the blue flying Void have we not used things things more often?:

- plant one in the middle of the Boil on the plains: boom, no more hemocyte or Infestation on the plains.

- liberal use of them on Deimos could undo the Gray Strains efects, thoguh by now some of the tunnels may only be held up by infested tissue, so there might still be some structural problems, but having the number one cause of death on Deimos go from "existing" to "deliberately walking into a questionably stable tunnel and it collapsing on you" is still a marked improvement.

- with enough Cascade Bombs, the Corpus could reclaim Eris and salvage what's left of the fleet: some ships might still even work.

- the Dark Sectors could also be reclaimed. 

I assumed the reason was that Cascade bombs are rather expensive items to create, but considering we use one in an early quest, in an area with far less Infestation than even the "quieter" areas of Deimos, they can't be that costly. so again, why has nobody decided to make a ton of these things and start using them en masse? it could even be an event where the Tenno are the ones having to plant the bombs due to how dangerous the infested are. we have the tech, why is nobody using it?!

The thing is, I'm not sure the Cascade Bombs work as advertised.  Lotus says the Cascade bomb will eliminate all life using void energy, but we have seen infested affected by void energy before, particularly during void storms and fissures.  Additionally, it is accepted knowledge that warframes contain Infestation and they are able to channel raw void energies.

I would postulate that the Cascade bomb doesn't outright kill the Infestation, rather it sanitizes it, rendering it unable to connect to the hivemind or spread its spores any longer.  Once the subject is rendered inert, then it would be capable of being controlled, much like the warframes, or the corrupted, which are directly controlled by a Neural Sentry by remote. 

Any sanitized Infestation could easily be reclaimed by other Infestation by simply consuming the biomass.  Meaning the Cascade bomb is likely a stopgap fix at best.

Archived