Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx's Mind Freak rework

HolySeraphin

With the latest news regarding Nyx's Mind control buffs, I think it is fair to say that there's overlapping between the normal Mind Control and its augment, wich gives +500% damage to your minion.

For those unaware the upcpoming changes include giving base Mind Control's minion a +500% damage buff on cast, which is exactly like the augment. I know you can stack the two, but having an augment that is straight more power strength is very boring in my opinion.

With that in mind,I have two suggestions for this augment:

1: Shared Psychosis: Nyx's mind control extends to two more targets, up to 10m away from the original target. This means that if you cast it on an enemy, 2 close enemies will also be affected. The "linked" minions also get the 500% base damage buff, but not the extra damage by shooting them, even if you use AoE. Number of enemies is affected by power strength and link range is also affected by range.

Comparing to Nekros, 3 Nyx minion's would deal much more damage than Nekros's 7 minions (1500% base damage vs 1050 base damage with base strength) and Nyx's are basically immortal. However, You would need 233% power strength to get 7 minions, which is a lot to ask from a Nyx's build, so you would have less protection due to less minions.

2: Mind Freak (reworked): The minion gets 3 eximius buffs depending on the faction they belong. Number of buffs is not affected by strength, but value is affected.

Grineer: Arson, Blitz (also provides 50% chance to resist knowdown) and leech ( provides passive 1.5 energy/s). 

Corpus: Frozen, Shock, Guardian.

Infested: Parasitic (gives +5 health/s regen), Frozen, Venomous.

For those wondering, the elemental eximus provides +50% resistance to their elements, and reduces enemy resistance by 50%. 

What do you think?

33 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

With the latest news regarding Nyx's Mind control buffs, I think it is fair to say that there's overlapping between the normal Mind Control and its augment, wich gives +500% damage to your minion.

For those unaware the upcpoming changes include giving base Mind Control's minion a +500% damage buff on cast, which is exactly like the augment. I know you can stack the two, but having an augment that is straight more power strength is very boring in my opinion.

With that in mind,I have two suggestions for this augment:

1: Shared Psychosis: Nyx's mind control extends to two more targets, up to 10m away from the original target. This means that if you cast it on an enemy, 2 close enemies will also be affected. The "linked" minions also get the 500% base damage buff, but not the extra damage by shooting them, even if you use AoE. Number of enemies is affected by power strength and link range is also affected by range.

Comparing to Nekros, 3 Nyx minion's would deal much more damage than Nekros's 7 minions (1500% base damage vs 1050 base damage with base strength) and Nyx's are basically immortal. However, You would need 233% power strength to get 7 minions, which is a lot to ask from a Nyx's build, so you would have less protection due to less minions.

2: Mind Freak (reworked): The minion gets 3 eximius buffs depending on the faction they belong. Number of buffs is not affected by strength, but value is affected.

Grineer: Arson, Blitz (also provides 50% chance to resist knowdown) and leech ( provides passive 1.5 energy/s). 

Corpus: Frozen, Shock, Guardian.

Infested: Parasitic (gives +5 health/s regen), Frozen, Venomous.

For those wondering, the elemental eximus provides +50% resistance to their elements, and reduces enemy resistance by 50%. 

What do you think?

Wait.. waa? Isn’t Blitz corpus exclusive?

I think that mind freak needs to change into an attack speed buff for the MC target.

I can stack 6000+ % damage multiplier on my mind control target using helminth infused Eclipse and it's augment

With the right ally, it can devastate opponents without even stripping their armor or shields

The ally doesn't need more damage anymore, it needs to attack faster so it becomes more reliable. 

A faster ally means it will spend less time wandering around without attacking, it's recovery from knockdowns will be faster, it's alert speed and target acquisition will be faster, it's DPS and accuracy will increase.

Speed is literally all my mind control needs right now.

My dream nyx rework for mind freak would be to let nyx inhabit the mind of the enemy she chooses and control them to fight allies….especially given what New War showed us is possible in the quests…

Imagine doing a spy as a grineer butcher, no one batting an eye as you sneakily moved to each panel and hacked them 1 by 1….if only

10 minutes ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

My dream nyx rework for mind freak would be to let nyx inhabit the mind of the enemy she chooses and control them to fight allies….especially given what New War showed us is possible in the quests…

I had to read that multiple times, i was like "isn't that what MC already does?"

Until i read the next section and i realized i probably spoiled myself the New War experience.

I haven't watched the gameplay, do you control ads or something?

Just now, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I had to read that multiple times, i was like "isn't that what MC already does?"

Until i read the next section and i realized i probably spoiled myself the New War experience.

I haven't watched the gameplay, do you control ads or something?

I didnt realize my comment was a spoiler, sorry about that. 

do you want me to explain it or would you rather stay in the dark?

1 hour ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

I didnt realize my comment was a spoiler, sorry about that. 

do you want me to explain it or would you rather stay in the dark?

I think i'll probably try not to know anything about new war gamplay mechanics.

But with this little information, that would be a very cool feature for Nyx.

I'm not sure about stealthily infiltrating units, as the mind control target works for tenno, they'll be targeted anyway.

but controlling the target myself would imrpove it's DPS and speed so much.

On 2021-10-01 at 7:41 AM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I think that mind freak needs to change into an attack speed buff for the MC target.

This is 100% the main issue with Mind Control.  I've watched the useless thing sit in a group of enemies barely attacking anything at all, despite it having enough damage stacked on it to one shot everything.  Enemies hit with Mind Control don't even seem to have the same aggression level as they do regularly.  Anyone that's played for a fair amount of time can hear the sound a Nox makes when firing and hear the rhythm in their head for about how fast they fire.  I swear to you they are at least half as slow when under Nyx's control and often seem to not be able to figure out what to do next.  You can watch their pathing and behavior wig out and leave them running in circles.  

What's weird is they don't even seem to have the same AI behavior as the Wuclone or Umbra or even an on-call Lich.  They just aren't anywhere near aggressive enough.

3 hours ago, ZenHare said:

Her 1 would be worth it if you made it permanent until it dies or is released. Mind Control lasts 20-50 seconds depending on your build. In my book, it's rarely worth the energy that was spent on casting it. 

The rework will increase base duration to 45s, which means that with just Primed Continuity it will last 69.75s.

Archived