Liches aren't fun anymore

General_Durandal

~

Using better gear,
then when I soloed enough Liches to get all 13 originals to 60%,

But, my rank 5 lich has killed me 3 times now.

Life Steal doesn't work on Liches anymore it seems,
so my bad melee built for healing isn't keeping me alive.

Also, the lich is in ONLY in the Kuva Fortress right now,
and when she throws me, it's out of bounds.
I have to use the unstuck command to get back into the map.
But, using it to many times make it no longer usable, apparently.
Not it just says, "you used it to recently, please wait and try again".
*watches the map fly away into space because I'm falling out of the map*

9:55pm 4th death.

9:58pm Lich running to Saturn Proxima.
Spawned a Corrupt Lancer Specter and a Trinity Prime Vapor Spector.
I got super lucky.
Threw me onto a floating rock, and dash-ran at me onto it,
she got stuck, and we just shot her till she died,
while taking cover since she couldn't get to us anymore.

~

Crazy that one of my guys I do Steel Path with was killed so easy by her.
Life steal not working on liches anymore has to be the reason.

~

• Like 1

life steal might still work, but since Sisters it seems they have a flat 99%+ dmg reduction, so you will never notice what ever fraction of 0 you leech. it's kind of obnoxious. rework the damn damage system instead of making one enemy type have special protection. ffs.

• Like 5

I’m impressed you tried to melee your lich. I’m pretty scared of getting close to my rank 5 unless I’m certain he’s not about to grab me and really mess up my day; usually I’m rolling past any time he charges at me with his hammer (threw my partner into the wall once. We got him in a pretty tense fight and now he’s waiting around Saturn Proxima, but an unfortunate case of requiring the unstuck command)

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

Kuva Hek, none of the new stacking damage mods, and use your secondary fire once you're relatively close. The more multi-shot the better. They have DPS caps, so hard hitting weapons do nothing to them, but fast firing or high multi-shot weapons bypass it. You could probably use the new Strun prime or Kuva Zarr's barrage (Kuva zarr is really inaccurate so you have to be VERY close though, unlike the Hek)

Unless they have resistances to them; toxin for corpus and corrosive for grineer.

The only time I ever had an issue with a Corpus lich, was the bugged out soul punch where my lich made like 20 copies of Inaros prime that had millions of health. (and they ALLLL cast quicksand on me). I fixed it by using as speed Nova (they cast #4 on me and I go wheeeeee)

Nowadays, I usually try not to get them past level 4, only ever try a parazon kill once you get a requiem unlocked, and you'll never go past rank 4 (there is a BIG difference between 4 and 5)

Any frame that has built in damage reduction abilities work well, or just cheese it with Inaros or Nidus with Adaptation. Mesa has a 95% damage reduction ability and since almost all Corpus/Grineer enemies (that matter) shoot at you, it works well.

• Like 2

At this point you should know how to properly do liches. 
Don't stab randomly, only stab when you have clues.
If you do as above, the lich should flee to proxima at level 4 max.

Worst case when you have really unlucky clue reveal - 
first stab      - first clue wrong at first slot
second stab :      - second clue wrong at first slot

by now your third clue is at first slot
third stab : ✔️   - first slot correct, second slot wrong.

swap second and third slot
fourth stab :  ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ - all clue figured out

so theres no reason for a lich/sister to level up to rank 5.
Some people swear randomly stab your lich/sister make the murmur gain faster - I disagree.
By the time you got to Ceres/Jupiter, all clues should revealed.

P/S - start the beginning murmur hunt on survival/defense - as people usually do those kinda last, and their lich usually spawn there, giving your some murmur progress.

Edited by pascaLLL_
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

It does.

3 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

Melee isnt the best vs liches. Try guns.

If your stuggling against your lich, try using arcanes that negate its elements, and a warframe like Nyx who can strip all defence from them  instantly with her 2.

idk how to reply.

you play the game 10 times longer than me.

you've been in these forums 10 times longer than me.

what kind of answers you're expecting here? is this just a rant thread? if so i'm willing to listen, mate...

but if it's about your old cheese gone bad and you simply need a new cheese: they can't detect invisible frames.
loki can hit a lich practically forever. they won't fight back as long as you're invisible.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Lvl 5 liches can be tough....if you aren't using banshee

^This. Honestly surprised that DE hasn't stopped Sonar from working on Lichs and Sisters by now 😂 funny thing is Sonic Boom augment doesn't work on Lichs, but does on the Sisters. Something tells me her Sonar shouldn't be working on them at all but is an oversight.

Throw on a couple of Sonars, hit them with a strong weapon modded to target their weaknesses, and boom. Ded.

Edited by Numerikuu

After literally spamming Kuva lich hunting since they first released till now.

And loosing count on all the liches i've killed and converted.

I can confirm, Kuva lich hunting is STILL one of the most addicting game mods in this game.

It got even better when they buffed murmur farming and added the confrontation phase.

I, Hopper, who was known for absolutely despising railjack's whole existence is beginning to care about it just because of the confrontation phase.

Without the Difficulty scaling Lich hunting has, it's just pointless.

You can either choose A damage reduction high ehp Warframe to cheese it if you just want to get this over with, or you use your favorite Warframe and have a good challenging experience, it's up to you, and that's why we play Warframe.

• Like 5

One of my lich glitched on me. I had the correct order on my first stab, but the game glitched out didn't count two of the last stabs. Had to go collect more murmur to spawn him. It glitched again for a total of 7 times. Don't know how but the game finally allow me to send him to the railjack after 8 glitched stabs. All those stabs also counted as fail stabs causing the lich to level up. Boy was that an annoying confrontation. Yes there was a banshee in the group and it took us about 10 minutes to kill it.

• Like 2

On 2021-09-30 at 10:02 PM, General_Durandal said:

~

Using better gear,
then when I soloed enough Liches to get all 13 originals to 60%,

But, my rank 5 lich has killed me 3 times now.

so my bad melee built for healing isn't keeping me alive.

Also, the lich is in ONLY in the Kuva Fortress right now,
I have to use the unstuck command to get back into the map.
But, using it to many times make it no longer usable, apparently.
Not it just says, "you used it to recently, please wait and try again".
*watches the map fly away into space because I'm falling out of the map*

9:55pm 4th death.

9:58pm Lich running to Saturn Proxima.
Spawned a Corrupt Lancer Specter and a Trinity Prime Vapor Spector.
I got super lucky.
Threw me onto a floating rock, and dash-ran at me onto it,
she got stuck, and we just shot her till she died,
while taking cover since she couldn't get to us anymore.

~

Crazy that one of my guys I do Steel Path with was killed so easy by her.
Life steal not working on liches anymore has to be the reason.

~

Agreeing with your opinion. Getting each one of these Kuva weapons maxed takes like five times as many efforts than farming Harrow. And there many several Kuva Weapons! I am good at grinding but NOT this much stupid grinding! Wish They can just all come 60 % maxed or providing some other ways such as infusing extra Kuva to max them. The Kuva Lich and its weapon system is one of the worse designs in game that came from the eta of endless nerfs in each and every update and endless grinding contents. 

The dev team has been doing well since the beginning of the year and all bad things reversed after it’s purchased by a new company that knows how to do gaming. Can these extreme grinding contends be updated??? 

1 hour ago, 73yearsold said:

were they ever?

Yes at the beginning when guessing wrong requiem combo meant get your back broken WWE style, oh lets not forget how fun the random weapon larvaling which you couldn't preview, those were fun times. Compared to those times this simple sponginess which can be bypassed completely by few frames and weapons is no fun at all 

/s