Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many years has it been since bugged reactant spawns was first made public knowledge?

JohnMorte

32 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

it will never cease to amaze me when people argue against their own interests

surely, DE, a small multi dollar company would crumble under the pressure of fixing their game and pause with the release of reskinned frames and weapons for a while

DE has not been pressured enough to do that. Players literally vote with their wallet, and the overwhelming majority is still buying plat and cosmetics. It would take a boycott of massive scale before DE would take notice. And that is exceedingly rare to occur in the history of gaming. Don't expect it.

4 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

Funny. Someone like you, that waste time quoting everyone (I mean don't you have something better to do? Are your life really that lonely that you beg for attention like that? Poor you...) saying that someone else have 'superiority complex'. Lol.

Touch a nerve there did I ? 😁

Btw, like I said, I kow what kind of person you are, just begging for attention because you have no friends in real life to talk to :(

Sounds like you're just projecting....

Quote someone else if you want more attention, I will stop feeding your lonely ego right now.

Make me... 😈

4 hours ago, JohnMorte said:

Stellar superiority complex. Stop blaming the players.

While those players are being dumb I will continue to blame them =)

"Oh no I burned my whole arm because I touched this searing hot steel bar. Of course its the steels fault. I am not stupid to be blamed for this."

This is how I see your arguments right now.

4 hours ago, JohnMorte said:

Kindly go away.

Kindly stop being an idiot, because you are not the owner of this forum...

YOU are reporting a 'bug' that is easily reproduced by doing some stupid things in the game. Kill normal enemies, rush to extration and complaing because you have 0 reactants.

But if you are talking about people who late join and are lazy to backtrack and collect reactants...thats the same thing.

Being lazy or zerger is not an excuse or game's fault.

11 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

"Oh no I burned my whole arm because I touched this searing hot steel bar. Of course its the steels fault. I am not stupid to be blamed for this."

Are you actually unable to comprehend the fact that the reactant issue affects normal gameplay? When people aren't speeding through it or blasting every enemy that moves?

Your posts suggest that you are physically incapable of understanding that concept. My condolences.

11 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

Kindly stop being an idiot, because you are not the owner of this forum...

YOU are reporting a 'bug' that is easily reproduced by doing some stupid things in the game. Kill normal enemies, rush to extration and complaing because you have 0 reactants.

But if you are talking about people who late join and are lazy to backtrack and collect reactants...thats the same thing.

Being lazy or zerger is not an excuse or game's fault.

This demonstrates your complete ignorance of the topic: When people join late in a mission, the reactants that had spawned from enemy kills do not show up for them. This is how it has been for a long time, but you are so entrenched in your "blame the players" mindset that you come into my thread and call everyone else ignorant.

I'm no longer asking kindly. Go away.

Reactant as a mechanic needs to go.  It's only purpose is to prevent AFKing which players still do anyway because all they have to do is quickly run through and pick up what dropped and then AFK again.  It is far more often a hinderance to legit players that either have a bad connection to the host or join late. 

People always want to blame the players with the tired old "You just aren't letting them corrupt."  I've sat around after a sabotage where we went slowly through the map to collect reactant, still didn't have enough and had to wait on spawn.  No one killed anything until it corrupted and eventually things stopped spawning.  It took 20 minutes to get enough to drop, yes we were all that stubborn.  It's not the players most of the time.  I've watched players nuke through 5 rounds of a Hydron fissure at full speed and had enough reactant and also gone slow as possible without letting the pod die and not had enough.  It's a DE problem.  A single even moderately bad connection will screw up reactant drop for the whole squad.  I have tested this repeatedly

DE doesn't understand how to code for multiplayer and it's why Archgun summon and Operator still aren't client-side.  You can literally sit through the majority of any fissure with one person with a bad connection to host and get almost no reactant and as soon as they drop (which I had people do willingly in tests.) the reactant starts dropping reliably every time.  Test it with people you know you have a really solid connection with and one person you know doesn't have a good connection with you.  Same result every single time.

Client/host connectivity can be demonstrably linked to so many issues in this game.  Not just lag in summoning your operator or not being able to put your archgun away no matter how many times you hit it in your gear wheel.  Actual mission mechanics are tied to everyone having a solid connection.  Ever have someone join in late or take forever to load into ESO and then the portal to the next round won't open?  I guarantee you if the people without a flawless connection leave that portal will pop right up every single time. 

An overhaul to everything to do with their netcode has been needed for a really long time.  The reactant system is already pointless enough.  The fact that it's 100% on DE for it being broken as often as it is makes it worse.  

On top of all that:  I did the friggin mission.  Open my relic.  Stop making me pick up RNG drops to complete a task.

On 2021-10-02 at 4:57 AM, Lutesque said:

So is Moving Right or Jumping in Super Mario Brothers but Nintendo still made a "Tutorial" for it just to make sure everybody was on the same page.

When did Nintendo start making tutorials for Super Mario Brothers? Are you more thinking about any newer games, because pretty sure the older titles don't have a need for tutorials.

Solo interception fissures are a test on how much you can lose while still winning.

It’s painfully uncomfortable to play. You spend half the mission allowing enemies to reclaim the towers.

DE havent even acknowledged the problem, I wouldn’t expect a fix.

On 2021-10-02 at 10:48 PM, DarkSkysz said:

Open google and search what you need (30 seconds)

Don't even really need that, considering the game has region chat, squad chat when in squads, the newer Q&A chat and if you've joined a clan and they are part of an alliance, then clan/alliance chat. There is also joining the forums if you really want to invest more of yourself into the game. Yet, players will simply ignore all these options, then huff and puff because they can't or won't learn how something works in the game. Even more options that are outside the game: searching the wiki or a search engine, Reddit or other game forum websites, Youtube.

13 minutes ago, kamisama85 said:

OP and the others who can't wait 3 seconds would also blame the developers when a girl tells them they finish too fast.

Hilarious.

It's been established multiple times by multiple people who have experienced it that the reactant issue hits those who are playing normally more often than people speedrunning. This point has been reiterated multiple times and yet somehow the false narrative of this only happening to nukers/speedrunners keeps being perpetuated by very ignorant individuals.

I played over a dozen fissure missions earlier today where I was speeding through them and experienced no issues with reactant.

I just tried an interception fissure mission and the mission failed to spawn enough fissures and failed to supply sufficient reactant.

3IQCrvU.png

Unless you're going to tell me I used a speedframe in an endless missiontype?

Maybe you and others should stop trying to set up epic owns on the OP and let adults talk.

7 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

Well... Was there a sign that said "Caution... Hot Steel" ?

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

When did Nintendo start making tutorials for Super Mario Brothers? Are you more thinking about any newer games, because pretty sure the older titles don't have a need for tutorials.

The very First Super Mario Brothers:

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Even more options that are outside the game: searching the wiki or a search engine, Reddit or other game forum websites, Youtube.

This is exactly the Problem... Why is it Outside of the Game...

As for Q&A I can't say too much about that because I started playing befors it existed.... All I know is you can't access those Chat Channels in the middle of a mission...

1 hour ago, JohnMorte said:

Hilarious.

It's been established multiple times by multiple people who have experienced it that the reactant issue hits those who are playing normally more often than people speedrunning. This point has been reiterated multiple times and yet somehow the false narrative of this only happening to nukers/speedrunners keeps being perpetuated by very ignorant individuals.

I played over a dozen fissure missions earlier today where I was speeding through them and experienced no issues with reactant.

I just tried an interception fissure mission and the mission failed to spawn enough fissures and failed to supply sufficient reactant.

3IQCrvU.png

Unless you're going to tell me I used a speedframe in an endless missiontype?

Maybe you and others should stop trying to set up epic owns on the OP and let adults talk.

I get this exact problem more often in disruptions. Enemies not turning corrupted often enough. Their are also times I kill a group of 6+ corrupted enemies and neither of them drop a reactant, so I'm often forced into slowing down even more in disruption rounds to the point it may take 5-7 mins til I get 10 reactants, then complete the round. If its not a Fissure mission, it would only take me around 2-3 minutes if I didn't have to wait on reactants. 

So yes, this is not just an issue for those that are speedrunning, their are several mission nodes and mission types where enemies just take way too long to turn corrupted, rendering these missions to be completely inefficient, as well as other factors causing this. 

Il y a 16 heures, DarkSkysz a dit :

Funny. Someone like you, that waste time quoting everyone (I mean don't you have something better to do? Are your life really that lonely that you beg for attention like that? Poor you...) saying that someone else have 'superiority complex'. Lol.

Btw, like I said, I kow what kind of person you are, just begging for attention because you have no friends in real life to talk to :(

Quote someone else if you want more attention, I will stop feeding your lonely ego right now.

My man ! 

Was just curious what kept this thread alive for so long and oh boy...

I haven't read everything, I don't have any strong opinion on the matter but... what I do know, is that you shouldn't ever try to debate that lutesque guy.

He's not trying to form an argument or to make a point, he will just dance around what you say, avoiding the point at hand, spamming emotes, being insufferable and accomplishing nothing.

There are many people with who you can totally have heated arguments with, work your rethoric against, all that kind of good stuff, but this guy... don't even.

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

The very First Super Mario Brothers:

Nothing in that video showed a tutorial, no pop up message.. Why would you need a tutorial for a controller that only had two buttons and a directional button? You're also forgetting booklets used to exist. Mario never had in-game tutorials. Booklets might've showed the controls, along with other items, like artwork.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Nothing in that video showed a tutorial, no pop up message.. 

Then Watch it again....level 1-1 is a great Case Study for Tutorial Design and has been for the longest time....

Other examples include Metroid, Half Life & my personal favourite... Portal 2.... 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Why would you need a tutorial for a controller that only had two buttons and a directional button?

That's easy... So you don't break it... Even today there are some people who believe that Pressing a Button Harder will cause the actual in game to occur more Intensely.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

You're also forgetting booklets used to exist.

Non of my Brother's old games ever had those... Except for Mortal Kombat II... 

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Mario never had in-game tutorials

Watch the Video again....

Or perhaps you have a different definition of what a Tutorial is...🤔

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Then Watch it again....level 1-1 is a great Case Study for Tutorial Design and has been for the longest time....

Other examples include Metroid, Half Life & my personal favourite... Portal 2.... 

That's easy... So you don't break it... Even today there are some people who believe that Pressing a Button Harder will cause the actual in game to occur more Intensely.

Non of my Brother's old games ever had those... Except for Mortal Kombat II... 

Watch the Video again....

Or perhaps you have a different definition of what a Tutorial is...🤔

I'm actually guessing that you have never played Mario on the Nintendo? I have, there is no tutorial like what you see today. The controller is the most simplistic device ever made. It doesn't take you all of 10 seconds to realize you go left, right, jump. Your brother probably didn't buy the games with their boxes, did he?

On 2021-10-01 at 10:56 PM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

They're gonna have to learn if they want rewards now, aren't they? 

Ive never understood this argument when talking about the issues of reactant drops. As long as you are playing with random people, the issue will ALWAYS persist and theres nothing you can do about it besides TRYING to tell them to wait which almost never works because these same people rarely respond or listen (maybe they dont speak english, maybe dont watch chat.. maybe dont care). 

And its not even always about nuking things too quickly, theres countless other bugs where they just stop corrupting or spawning all together. 

Why should I be punished for something other people do, especially when they just play the game as intented and mean no harm by it? Why do you people insist its "fun" or "challenging" waiting around for them to eventually corrupt anyway? Im genuinely baffled as to why so many people here defend an obvious bug and fault in the game when it causes you zero misery if its fixed? 

On 2021-10-01 at 5:56 AM, JohnMorte said:

This bug is still in the game after years. It happens often enough that it's a damn slog and annoyance. Relic opening missions are already 50% more tedious than normal missions, why is bugged spawn rates still a thing?

Capture mission turns into an exterminate mission, kill 20 enemies and maybe 3 of them drop reactant. The rest of the map grows dead silent and nothing spawns again. Survival missions not even spawning 10 reactant drops even through functional genocides. Interceptions that bizarrely seem to have around half the enemy spawn rate of normal, standard interceptions in the first place.

This feels almost intentional. Is it?

I totally agree, this happens a lot in corpus fissure missions, a huge waste of time.

Another problem is when we star after the players already started the fissure, the game spawns close to them and them already has like 8,9 reactants, we need to go back to the beggining of the mission and search for reactants or one if this players with 10 reactants will want to extract anyway and we got nothing because of them.

Terrible game design indeed, just 1 of TONS of problems.

59 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Ive never understood this argument when talking about the issues of reactant drops. As long as you are playing with random people, the issue will ALWAYS persist and theres nothing you can do about it besides TRYING to tell them to wait which almost never works because these same people rarely respond or listen (maybe they dont speak english, maybe dont watch chat.. maybe dont care). 

And its not even always about nuking things too quickly, theres countless other bugs where they just stop corrupting or spawning all together. 

Why should I be punished for something other people do, especially when they just play the game as intented and mean no harm by it? Why do you people insist its "fun" or "challenging" waiting around for them to eventually corrupt anyway? Im genuinely baffled as to why so many people here defend an obvious bug and fault in the game when it causes you zero misery if its fixed? 

It's a dead horse that's been beaten, and we've already asked DE to make enemies corrupt faster etc. I'm sure DE knows and there's a reason why there hasn't been a solution yet.

2. This isn't even in feedback.

And 3. Because you can run 20 public fissures and it'll only happen once, maybe. 

I ran fissures all last night and this morning and it didn't even happen. 

I would suggest resetting your router, hard wiring, and adjusting your ping settings a little lower if it's unlimited.

Frequency of this bug is exacerbated by bad players.

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

And 3. Because you can run 20 public fissures and it'll only happen once, maybe.

I would suggest resetting your router, hard wiring, and adjusting your ping settings a little lower if it's unlimited.

My internet is completely spotty and terrible, and multiple people have complained in the past whenever I host. I avoid hosting whenever possible.

My hitrate for endless missions for this bug is extremely high, seeing as I've tried endless missions twice in the past week and both times reactant failed to spawn. The sample size is indeed low but 100% flawed reactant spawns in recent endless missions is not a positive sign.

I simply avoid endless missions for void fissures altogether. Running fissure exterminates always nets me enough and everyone else in my squads enough, no matter what frame/playstyle I'm taking.

Being unable to run endless fissure missions because of lack of functionality: this is a direct bug. DE even knows of it, and have tried to handle it, but it isn't enough.

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Frequency of this bug is exacerbated by bad players.

Blaming the players for something that can occur regardless of skill level seems like pure elitism and spite. Consistent with your previous posts.

Stop blaming the players.

6 minutes ago, JohnMorte said:

My internet is completely spotty and terrible, and multiple people have complained in the past whenever I host. I avoid hosting whenever possible.

My hitrate for endless missions for this bug is extremely high, seeing as I've tried endless missions twice in the past week and both times reactant failed to spawn. The sample size is indeed low but 100% flawed reactant spawns in recent endless missions is not a positive sign.

I simply avoid endless missions for void fissures altogether. Running fissure exterminates always nets me enough and everyone else in my squads enough, no matter what frame/playstyle I'm taking.

Being unable to run endless fissure missions because of lack of functionality: this is a direct bug. DE even knows of it, and have tried to handle it, but it isn't enough.

Blaming the players for something that can occur regardless of skill level seems like pure elitism and spite. Consistent with your previous posts.

And there's no way of knowing whether your survival run had a person running off 300m away and messing up the spawns.

I'm blaming the players.

14 minutes ago, JohnMorte said:

Stop telling others what to do. 

The players ARE to blame. 

So I will keep blaming the players. You look ridiculous, and your tough guy act does the opposite of what you think it is doing lmao. It is just sad at this point. I feel bad for you embarrassing yourself in public like this having such an ongoing tantrum. 

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

And there's no way of knowing whether your survival run had a person running off 300m away and messing up the spawns.

I'm blaming the players.

Gaming spawns in any way is definitely against what DE intends to do. Unintended behavior in any situation, no matter how you cut it.

You keep saying you want to blame the players. Players who play the game as DE intends and still have the game screw them over are not doing anything wrong.

Expecting players to know how to manipulate spawns (against DE's direct design philosophy anyway) and understand what you yourself are trying to do every game is an extremely tall order and makes the mode that much more obnoxious to deal with. It must be why I can't get anyone to do endless fissure with me, even running public nobody will join. Probably for a damn good reason, and one you and others incessantly refuse to accept.

Continue to blame the player at your own fundamental lack of self-awareness.

12 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Stop telling others what to do. 

Maybe if people could actually read anything the thread is about, then I'd stop having to tell people anything.

The players ARE to blame. 

No. There are 5 pages of explanations available and you are clearly not willing or able to read anything in the thread. I can only theorize you're still in this thread to harass me and farm reacts or some other insipid garbage.

So I will keep blaming the players. You look ridiculous, and your tough guy act does the opposite of what you think it is doing lmao. It is just sad at this point. I feel bad for you embarrassing yourself in public like this having such an ongoing tantrum. 

Haha. You sure owned me, the OP with your clever name calling and devious avoidance of reading anything anyone is talking about in this thread.

Door's over there.

Sure, reactants are an annoyance, but no one can just call out relicbots without a backlash. Relicbots are indeed upset if you degrade them by trying to do endless missions more efficient or you don't wait 3 minutes for them to collect their last reactant in a non-endless fissure. They play the missions however they please and their survival solo career and slowva damage in defense is much more important than your time.

Warframe randoms compete with warframe AI, and while some wants a more straightforward system without unnecessary annoyances, some just possess the iq of a long dead indoor plants dirt and they use it all to prove how this game is built on the 2 seconds you have to stand beside a pack of enemies and wait the full epilepsy animation for them to finally turn corrupted to drop a single reactant.

I bet they argued many times that this game is a f2p model and yet, they can't comprehend how a f2p model wants to slow down players as much as they can by putting in as much annoyances as they can to chase players into purchasing by making these annoyances skippable by spending money. DE literally does everything possible without a backlash to #*!% players up and make them rather pay to skip the farm. The biggest clowns are those who refuse to realize that DE is a company to make money on players. They are not our friends and reactants are just there to slow us down on the prime part farm to pump bigger plat amounts to f2p players via trading who sink it in market skins, forma and stuff.

1 hour ago, JohnMorte said:

Gaming spawns in any way is definitely against what DE intends to do. Unintended behavior in any situation, no matter how you cut it.

You keep saying you want to blame the players. Players who play the game as DE intends and still have the game screw them over are not doing anything wrong.

Expecting players to know how to manipulate spawns (against DE's direct design philosophy anyway) and understand what you yourself are trying to do every game is an extremely tall order and makes the mode that much more obnoxious to deal with. It must be why I can't get anyone to do endless fissure with me, even running public nobody will join. Probably for a damn good reason, and one you and others incessantly refuse to accept.

Continue to blame the player at your own fundamental lack of self-awareness.

Maybe if people could actually read anything the thread is about, then I'd stop having to tell people anything.

No. There are 5 pages of explanations available and you are clearly not willing or able to read anything in the thread. I can only theorize you're still in this thread to harass me and farm reacts or some other insipid garbage.

Haha. You sure owned me, the OP with your clever name calling and devious avoidance of reading anything anyone is talking about in this thread.

Door's over there.

Yes, people aren't running endless fissures because of a rare bug. Or maybe it's because people have lives and don't want to spend 2 hours in a mission.

They also leave because as I said before, they get turned off the first 5 minutes because the group scatters 3 directions and at the 4:30 mark people realize they only have 4 reactant.

Archived