Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva lich weapons

iesous27

Question

So, I've recently started farming kuva lich weapons and so far I've got the kuva ogris, kuva chakhurr, kuva kohm and kuva drakgoon.

Now, my understanding is you need to forma at least 5 times to get the maximum amount of mod space as well as get the affinity from the weapon. But here's my dilemma, I have 2 kuva chakkhurr weapons, once is electricity and the other one is toxin, I would prefer to use the toxin one so I can swap in and out of viral and corrosive, but that one I rank 0, where as the other one is rank 34 so far. Should I give up using the electrical one and fuse it into the toxin one, or should I continue levelling up the electrical one to the max and then fuse it into the toxin one? To be honest, I'm a little skeptical because I was primarily using the chakkhurr as an eidolon rifle, so the electricity seems appealing, but I think my rubico prime is better suited. 

6 answers to this question

no.. in the action section of weapon, where we install forma/potato, there is a option for "valence transfer" select the weapon you want to keep, as in the forma'd weapon. then choose the transfer option, it will open the window with duplicate weapon you want to fuse, then it will ask for which element from these weapon you want to keep. in your case whether it should be toxin or electric. that's it, that will become the default element for that weapon and you will increase your bonus.

this way you dont have to constantly grind for same weapon with same element, you can grind same weapon with other element, which if lucky could give you ephemera, then just valence transfer the duplicate weapon while keeping the desired element.

11 minutes ago, iesous27 said:

So, I've recently started farming kuva lich weapons and so far I've got the kuva ogris, kuva chakhurr, kuva kohm and kuva drakgoon.

Now, my understanding is you need to forma at least 5 times to get the maximum amount of mod space as well as get the affinity from the weapon. But here's my dilemma, I have 2 kuva chakkhurr weapons, once is electricity and the other one is toxin, I would prefer to use the toxin one so I can swap in and out of viral and corrosive, but that one I rank 0, where as the other one is rank 34 so far. Should I give up using the electrical one and fuse it into the toxin one, or should I continue levelling up the electrical one to the max and then fuse it into the toxin one? To be honest, I'm a little skeptical because I was primarily using the chakkhurr as an eidolon rifle, so the electricity seems appealing, but I think my rubico prime is better suited. 

Take that Rank 34 weapon, and fuse the Rank 0 weapon into it.  You can choose the element upon fusing now.

But you don't have to do it right away.  If you are in no hurry, then you can definitely wait until you level up the Rank 34 to 40 first.

Edit: An additional consideration regarding when to fuse is whether or not you plan to raise the bonus element to +60%.  If you do and neither of your current weapons have a high %, then you might want to hold off a bit (leave the extra in your Foundry).  Once you get a high % weapon, fuse that weapon into your already-leveled weapon first, and then fuse the extra low % weapon to optimize % gain.

5 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

no.. in the action section of weapon, where we install forma/potato, there is a option for "valence transfer" select the weapon you want to keep, as in the forma'd weapon. then choose the transfer option, it will open the window with duplicate weapon you want to fuse, then it will ask for which element from these weapon you want to keep. in your case whether it should be toxin or electric. that's it, that will become the default element for that weapon and you will increase your bonus.

this way you dont have to constantly grind for same weapon with same element, you can grind same weapon with other element, which if lucky could give you ephemera, then just valence transfer the duplicate weapon while keeping the desired element.

oh, i had no idea about that! Does this increase the base damage or just the elemental bonus %? 

26 minutes ago, iesous27 said:

oh, i had no idea about that! Does this increase the base damage or just the elemental bonus %? 

Slight clarification on the reply to this^ The elemental bonus on lich weapons is treated as base damage and not an elemental mod, so yeah, you directly increase base damage through Valence.

1 hour ago, MqToasty said:

Take that Rank 34 weapon, and fuse the Rank 0 weapon into it.  You can choose the element upon fusing now.

That's great to hear. I think I have posted something like this. Having to choice element is simpler than having weapons in good order.

Archived