Sunpoint Plasma Drill Damage

Aguzo

I like the idea of being able to use my plasma drill to defeat enemies and cut open mytocardia/gorgaricus sacs in Orb Vallis, or other resources in PoE/Cambion Drift.

If you could add a widget to increase the damage output, that'd be great.

SunpointMiningDrill.pngGorgaricusSac.png

• Like 2

You can currently jury-rig a false mining drill via kitguns. Gaze Pistol will suffice that pretty nicely. There's also already a pistol in the game iirc that is in the lore as a "mining laser turned weapon". Of course it won't actually be able to mine, but you can at least live the fantasy through them.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

You can currently jury-rig a false mining drill via kitguns. Gaze Pistol will suffice that pretty nicely. There's also already a pistol in the game iirc that is in the lore as a "mining laser turned weapon". Of course it won't actually be able to mine, but you can at least live the fantasy through them.

I was mostly thinking QoL, and not having to switch between guns (for enemies and other resources) and the plasma drill.

• Like 2

Indeed, just little 1 point ticks would be fine. Enough to pop plants and containers within a half second or so would be fine. Obviously you can melee containers you are close enough to, but hitting the Vallis stuff up high especially would be nice.

• Like 2

I also want this.

just for opening boxes/breakable objects.  Switching off the drill temporarily removes the gem locations from the minimap. So zapping the rare breakable object as I run around with my mining drill would be fun. 

hurting enemies wouldn't be necessary but an effect when I shoot them of some kind would also be welcome. 

• Like 1