Galvanized Scope / Crosshairs Buff?

Cris0407

No idea. Probably an attempt at balance. The fact that both the Weapon Arcanes as well as the Galavanized Mods generally increase weapon damage directly or indirectly with kill conditions (Galvanized Scope initial bonus excluded) is also perplexing and not very balanced. One gets to a point where, without the stacks, enemies are fairly tanky. Once one gets the stacks, enemies are made of paper. On top of that, players seem to compete within the team to get kills to maintain their stacks - not great for team cohesion and can be more frustrating than fun.

Feels like whomever was in charge of balancing said: Hey wouldn't it be cool if we did this thing?", with someone else saying "Yeah" and that was that.

Edited by Silligoose
  • Like 2

These mods just are useless with most weapons that are not pinpoint accuracy or huge damage per single round.

You might fire 99% (enemy health) shots as headshot yet if last one is not headshot? RIP :)

Number of pellets are RIP for these 2 mods :/

Edited by Cris0407
  • Like 1

Agreed, both Crosshair and Scope needs some kind of love. Their duration is far from enough and losing all stacks at once makes them unusable. While i don't mind the headshot kills, i do think it's not worth the mod space for the struggle it brings. You need to actually take your time for headshots for very little bonus. There are plenty of better mods that can fill that spot for just as much potency with less hassle.

On 2021-10-01 at 8:32 PM, Marvelous_A said:

I think the issue is clearly with the headshot kill requirement not the stack duration

I have more of a problem with the aim requirement, that's not a viable play style for a hoard shooter where Brahma is killing foes around corners before I can even see them. These mods have no crit until you headshot kill, and status gets overlooked, it's a mod that won't fit in most rational builds, even non status weapons which don't really compete have better value from other mods. 

Other galvanized mods requires just kills and give us much longer duration with "When the buff times out, one stack is lost and the buff duration resets"

Yet these require Headshot kills which are ok yet not in this game. Shotgun? 30 pellets? Assault Rifle? 5?

Try to headshot kill with that much pellet hitting everything and which pellet will be last and if it will be HS kill? RNG???

With much lower duration and "Unlike most other galvanized mods, Galvanized Scope/Galvanized Crosshairs stacks each have their own duration"

So these 2 are just the worst of all galvanized mods.

The question is why? Maybe beacuse they was copied from original Argon Scope/Hyd Cross and no one even buffed the original in the first place?

Don't forget % in these mods are really good the thing that is bad are the time and how stacks timer works :/

Edited by Cris0407