Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Fearsome Valkyr: Kit Rework for the Queen of Tanks.

MesaWolf

Greetings Tennos,

I'm here to offer an alternative to Valkyr's kit if she ever gets attention for some updates to the abilities and feel. Without much more words here are the objectives and Key words for the document.

OBJECTIVE:

Spoiler

- Grant Valkyr a refreshed Ability kit with new mechanica and synergies, while keeping the role of Tank and Extreme CQC damage dealer. 

- Inject more style onto her that fits with the original archetype given by DE (Feline + Berserker).

KEY WORDS: NIMBLE, RESILIENT, PREDATORY, UNSTOPPABLE.

Spoiler

NIMBLE - The frame in questions has a feline-inspired facade and themeing. The kit should represent her flexibility and ability of moving around combat.

RESILIENT - The ability of enduring punishment. The kit should represent this as you should not be easy to take down while the fight goes on. Survivability is the aspect extracted from this word.

PREDATORY - Felines are ambush predators. Surprise factors and tricks that work at the beginning of the fight are recommended and prefered. The ability of breaking down fights into smaller portions is also recommended.

UNSTOPPABLE - Once the fight starts, the feline part of the kit should fade slightly if the player seeks the fight constantly, but shouldn't disappear. Valkyr should feel like an Unstoppable Force as long as the fight drags on and needs tools to get the upper hand on moments when don't.

THE ABILITY KIT

PASSIVE

Valkyr is capable of resilience and nimble actions. She recovers quickly from knockdown and statuses have reduced duration on her. Additionally, She is immune to Hard Landings, reaching ground with no touchdown delay.

Stats

Spoiler

Strength

-25.0 % (Status Duration on SELF)

Duration

N / A

Range

N / A 

Misc

-90.0 % (Status Duration on SELF Maximum)

Notes

Spoiler

- Valkyr's passive stacks additively to mods and other effects, so it is possible to reach a mathematical -100.0 % Status Duration on SELF, but the ability prohibits it.

ABILITY #1. RIP LINE

(TAP) Whips around a single serrated hook to knock down foes in an angle. (HOLD) Hurls a hook. If it hits an enemy, it will pull them towards her. If it hits Terrain, it will pull Valkyr to the hook's location and increase the duration of a subsecuent Wall Latch.

ENERGY: 25

Stats

Spoiler

Whip Stats

Strength

150 / 200 / 300 / 450 (Slash Damage)

Duration

1 s ( Combo Window)

Range

10 / 12 / 18 / 20 m

90° / 100° / 130° / 150° (Whip Angle) 

Hurl Stats

Strength

300 / 400 / 500 / 600 (Slash Damage)

Duration

Infinity (Combo Window)

+3.0 / +5.0 / +8.0 / +12.0 s (Wall Latch Increase)

Range

25 / 40 / 60 / 75 m

Notes

Spoiler

- Rip Line becomes a Tap/Hold Ability like Mag’s Magnetize. Tapping the ability knocks down foes. Holding the ability grants you extended benefits to the original Rip Line: Targeting terrain will force you to move in the direction of the hook until it forces a Wall Latch. Holding it against an Enemy will ragdoll them in your direction, releasing the button before it reaches you stops the target at your feet (Timing is needed, if not It gets short in distance). This could be seen by a new animation with Valkyr, preparing to lariat the target.

- Holding/Hurling Rip Line stops the Combo Window until the ability is released. Targeting an Enemy will grant the next step of the Combo System for subsequent casts.

- Hurling Rip Line becomes a 1-handed action, you could use it while wall-latching. The increase in Wall-Latch duration is improved with Ability Duration.

- The greater the Combo Counter, the slower enemies should recover from its effects, as well as increasing damage and reducing Energy Cost.

ABILITY #2. WARCRY

Valkyr lets out a rallying cry that bolsters her allies' melee prowess, which is kept active as long as you perform melee kills.

Energy: 75

Stats

Spoiler

Strength

15 / 20 / 25 / 50 % (Melee Speed Buff)

20 / 30 / 40 / 50 % (Armor Buff)

Duration

7 / 10 / 12 / 15 s (Buff Duration)

+0.5 / +0.75 / +1 / +1.5 s (Extended Buff Duration by Melee Kill)

Range

15 / 20 / 22 / 25 m

Misc

N / A

Notes

Spoiler

- Eternal War Augment is integrated into the ability itself. All of its features are translated into it. Reason to do this is mostly how the augment does not branch Warcry nor creates another opportunity of using it, it only makes the ability better. I hope this can improve it, although the duration of the extension is reduced to compensate for the cost.

- The increased duration per kill cannot go below 0.25 seconds.

ABILITY #3. STALK

Activate to crouch and gain Invisibility as long as you keep crouching and your next bullet jump makes Valkyr pounce towards the target. Sprinting grants a boost to movement and Parkour Speed.

Energy: 10

Energy Drain Minimum: 2 s^-1

Energy Drain Maximum: 10 s^-1

Stats

Spoiler

Strength
     300 / 400 / 500 / 600 (Slash Damage)

Duration

N / A

Range

N / A

Misc

15 / 20 / 22 / 25 m (Leap Range)

+10% / +12% / +15% / +25% (Sprint and Parkour speed increase)

Notes

Spoiler

- Stalk is a channeled ability that grants buffs as long as you are in the conditions required. Crouching will grant invisibility and make your next bullet jump into a leap, but standing and running after that (includes the leap aspect) will increase your movement speed and remove invisibility. Crouching again will make you invisible, but will cut the other benefits. Sliding counts as a crouch for the purposes of this ability.

- Leap’s range and the movement bonus are not affected by mods.

ABILITY #4. HYSTERIA

Valkyr imbues herself with energy and becomes a ball of vicious rage, brandishing her talons and assaulting enemies with a flurry of swipes. While active, any instance of damage will fill up her Limiter gauge. Crouching while Stalk is active reduces Valkyr’s own Limiter gauge by 2.5% each second.

Once the Limiter is full, the ability ends and creates a wave of destruction that deals a percentage of the health of nearby enemies as damage.

Energy: 50

Stats

Spoiler

Strength

100 / 125 / 200 / 250 (Talon’s Damage)

30% / 35% / 50% / 75% (Wave’s Damage in Enemy Health Percentage)

Duration

20% / 15% / 12% / 10% s^-1 (Limit Gauge fill rate)

Range

5 - 20 m (Aura Radius)

Misc

1% / 2% / 4% / 5% (Life Steal)

60% / 70% / 80% / 90% (Damage Reduction)

500 / 600 / 800 / 1000 (Minimum Wave Damage)

Notes

Spoiler

- Valkyr stores damage she receives before any reduction is applied (Physical and Status). As time goes on, an aura appears and increases its size for each passing second, up to 20 meters. Upon the ability’s end, another cry is emitted through the frame, dealing damage to nearby targets.

- Everything else is the same with the ability. Invulnerability is replaced with Damage Reduction. This aspect cannot change with the use of mods.

And now, onto the Augments for Valkyr!

RIP LINE

Spoiler

EMPOWERED LINE.

Rip Line Augment - Using any other ability increases the Combo Window of Rip Line. Rip Line’s Combo duration is increased by 1.5x / 2x / 2.7x / 3.5x.

Notes

- Mods do not affect this Augment’s effects.

WARCRY

Spoiler

DEAFENING CRY.

Warcry Augment - Replace Warcry’s melee attack speed with a stun and a pulsing slow effect of 25% / 30% / 45% / 50% each 3 / 2.5 / 1.5 / 1 seconds, until 15 seconds had passed by.

- Warcry gains the following attributes: 1000 / 1250 / 1500 / 2000 Impact Damage and Knockback on it’s animation, then pulses with a Slow. 

- The Slow Pulse’s Interval is set at 1 second. The interval cannot be changed with mods.

- Both Impact Damage, Knockback and Slow potency are affected by Ability Strength. The Slow's Potency cannot reach over 75%.

- The total duration of the effect is affected only by Warcry’s effects. It cannot be increased with Ability Duration.

STALK

Spoiler

STALKER’S PROFICIENCY.

Stalk Augment - While active, your next attack after invisibility will reduce enemy armor by 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% and open any other enemy 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 m around up to finishers.  

- It makes your Wall Attack (Melee Attack while in a Wall Latch) and Rip Line apply the armor reduction to the target as well. It doesn’t fade on the target as long as it is alive.

- Armor Reduction can be modified with Ability Strength.

- The maximum number of targets that can be opened up to finishers is 300.

HYSTERIA #1

Spoiler

ENRAGED.

Hysteria Augment - Hysteria no longer ends when Valkyr reaches the Limiter's maximum, but drains 2 / 4 / 7 / 10 energy per second while active in this state. Status Chance and Critical Chance are increased by +125% / +150% / +175% / +200%.

- Hysteria’s cost is reduced to 25, from 50.

- It gains energy drain once the Limiter is at maximum capacity. This is affected by Duration and Efficiency mods.

HYSTERIA #1

Spoiler

LASHING OUT.

Hysteria Augment - Replace your claws with radial attacks and powerful slams using Valkyr’s hooks.

- Works as an Exilus mod. If code allows it, it can be used with other augments of Hysteria.

- It replaces Hysteria’s Stance with a new one, which grants greater range and sweeping attacks to the ability.

- It still continues to use Valkyr’s Talons, but increases its range by +5 meters.

Hope it feels like good suggestions and inspiration if this frame goes into the spotlight.

the only rework i've ever liked. Building on old themes and adding more, not straight up removing anything from her and staying true to what she already is. I like it.

her 1 whips so that you dont have to precisely aim in tight combat situation, added with knock down as a panic button is a plus. Her 3 giving her move speed so that being in her 4 doesn't feel like shooting yourselves in the legs while playing in large open maps, her 2 with the augment mod already installed is a straight buff that arguably doesn't add much more to her gameplay, but I like it. 

The augment mod for her tap 1 can have her pull in the enemy like the augment mod for her 3 now. So we don't remove that option from her

For her 2, the ability to recast is also clutch if we're intending to use both the buff and cc. That can be in an augment mod like with rhino and nova.

lowkey i'd rather her 4 having no restriction but energy cost like how it is now. It is not very interactive but it does leave a little room for me to use messenger on my phone. Plus a bit of broken overtuned on 1 ability is fine. It's not like her 4 is in helminth like sevagoth's gloom lol

hace 1 hora, asianguy262001 dijo:

the only rework i've ever liked. Building on old themes and adding more, not straight up removing anything from her and staying true to what she already is. I like it.

her 1 whips so that you dont have to precisely aim in tight combat situation, added with knock down as a panic button is a plus. Her 3 giving her move speed so that being in her 4 doesn't feel like shooting yourselves in the legs while playing in large open maps, her 2 with the augment mod already installed is a straight buff that arguably doesn't add much more to her gameplay, but I like it. 

The augment mod for her tap 1 can have her pull in the enemy like the augment mod for her 3 now. So we don't remove that option from her

For her 2, the ability to recast is also clutch if we're intending to use both the buff and cc. That can be in an augment mod like with rhino and nova.

lowkey i'd rather her 4 having no restriction but energy cost like how it is now. It is not very interactive but it does leave a little room for me to use messenger on my phone. Plus a bit of broken overtuned on 1 ability is fine. It's not like her 4 is in helminth like sevagoth's gloom lol

Thanks for commenting! It's good to know that I checked some boxes for some people. I had some difficulty reading your post but I can say this:
- It could be added to her 2's augment or backed again into the ability. I think both are fine.
- I was on the same train about keeping her 4 like it was, but felt that it was problematic even with the 90% Damage Reduction that you get. Aside that, couldn't find more room to add mechanics to other abilities while in Hysteria, though it's not like they need it much (Also taking note that just crouching may prolong it and keep you invisible). And anything else wouldnt be a problem.

- Her 1, I can agree that is a little overbloated, but I expect that is possible. One is a target conditional, the other is an input conditional. Those shouldn't conflict in the code.

Archived