Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

worried about Cross save

Crimsomreaf5555

when cross save comes to warframe I REALLY REALLY hope that we can combine existing accounts. I started playing warframe on Xbox, hit mr20 and decided to go to pc because of the long update times for consoles. now I am mr 27 on pc, and really just want the Xbox skins that I got when I was on Xbox.

I don't think this is likely to be the case. I imagine it'll be more like destiny where you'll pick a primary account and that will be the one loaded across platforms.

Having said that, Rocket league did a full account merge between platforms for inventory along with keeping the whole 'primary account' setup too. So it's likely possible, but I think it will be more convenient motivated with Warframe in regards to purchased slots and duplicated items/frames.

so far there are no news about account-merging. aside from some diplomatic statements from DE that they'll look into it.

DE will most likely focus on warframe mobile first, then they'll focus on making cross-play happen.
after that, they will work on cross-save (cross progression).

if we're gonna have account-merging, it'll only happen after those other stuff taken care of and running smoothly. so personally i won't hold my breath.

Honestly In my opinion, Crossplay is very useless to players, if account merging Isn't possible.  Many people enjoy the game so much, that moving to different platforms is no problem, its just the having to start over. For me the player base of Xbox, and Playstation is the same albeit slight communication. like ps4 recruit is just people sending you invites, and on Xbox has a genius number code system. Combining the platforms together for cross play, is just the same game with more chat, and looking at system specific skins you cant have. Cross save merging would be the only thing worth updating.  With that more people could be more prepared for future changes. Like if you go from pc, or Xbox one, to ps5. you would have to start over from being console locked (ps4 only transferring saves to ps5). sure you could still play with friend (if they still even get on) but you would have to switch to older consoles. technically without cross save merging, it will potentially lead to an dead end, as systems keep coming out, Because you can only start over Warframe, a very few times (If more than 2), before you no longer care to play it.  If you read this far, would you see a game changing reason for crossplay? 

Archived