Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old melee, ignis and recent khora nerf vs current explosive weapons hitting through the wall

(PSN)Robson40000

26 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:
On 2021-10-02 at 10:59 PM, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Or just allow the explosions to have punch through 🤷 

IRL, explosions will still affect you through walls, scaling with the strength of the explosion. Some of the surfaces in warframe are 0.2mm thick. They wouldn’t protect you from a fart, let alone 5.8 missiles being fired from a bow.

Expand  

IRL effects are a poor excuse in my opinion.

To put it a little more harshly: I think iRL justifications are pretty crap in this context..  IRL detonating explosives while in an enclosed space  is a bad idea, and we can't equip PSF to shoot rockets at our feet with impunity.  In terms of immersion, I doubt making most explosives obey LOS is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back here.  

Leave the lack of LOS as is if it does more good than harm, or changing it would be more trouble than it's worth.. But otherwise DE should feel no compunctions about...blowing it up. 

On 2021-10-02 at 4:45 AM, KitMeHarder said:

No thanks, if anything they need to be reverted. Maiming Strike no longer exist, and Primed Reach's nerf makes it so melees no longer have 10-15m of range, so all DE's buggy LoS check serves to do is allow pixel wide objects to protect enemies from massive scythes. Same with Khora, it just forced what used to be a frame that could be very active, into nothing more than a campy loot gremlin.

Khora was my main frame until the changes. There’s just something wrong with her whipclaw now. It sometimes doesn’t hit the enemy in front of her. I’m ok with scaling back the effect a bit, but I hardly play her now as she doesn’t feel right anymore. Maybe a little swing back the other way to fix what feels like a broken ability some times?

49 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

To put it a little more harshly: I think iRL justifications are pretty crap in this context..  IRL detonating explosives while in an enclosed space  is a bad idea, and we can't equip PSF to shoot rockets at our feet with impunity.  In terms of immersion, I doubt making most explosives obey LOS is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back here.  

Leave the lack of LOS as is if it does more good than harm, or changing it would be more trouble than it's worth.. But otherwise DE should feel no compunctions about...blowing it up. 

Lol yeah , forgot the most glaringly obvious distinction from IRL with the ability to blow yourself up.

Archived