Are we ever going to get Arch-gun primes?

Tuli_Donitsi

I love Phaedra and Cyngas, I love using Dual Decurion now and then but are you going to ignore prime versions forever? What is the worry or problem with these weapons? It can't be attached to Prime Accessories? Would they blow up the amount of relics the game already has?

Cyngas with Auto-fire, Phaedra Prime with critical and status values switched for the description "Soma's big sister", Corvas Prime that ragdolls enemies when fired with maximum charged shot in point-blank range. I would love something on this topic.

Edited by Tuli_Donitsi
  • Like 3

the main reason we never got Primed Archguns in the past is because we all used to collectively hate Archwing and anything related to it: none of us ever expected that Archguns would become usable in regular missions in any capacity, so the idea of Priming an Archgun was seen as a total waste. same with the Arch-Melee and Archwings themselves: it was slightly before I joined, but I imagine Odonata Prime wasn't as well received as a couple of primed weapons with Volt Prime would have been.

personally I'd rather like to see a Phaedra Prime, but it's most likely we won't see a Primed Archgun until Hildryn Prime, and that's only because they made Larkspur her Signature weapon, with a buff too. dunno if Entrati weapons are eligible to be primed since they're technically Orokin already, but a Mausolon, Cortege or Morgha prime would get me very excited..

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Probably yes... With Hildryn Prime cause Larkspur is her weapon

Larkspur is energy weapon which kind off contradicts lore as Orokin strictly used zero tech archaic projectile weapons duo to Sentients assimilating anything advance .

47 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Larkspur is energy weapon which kind off contradicts lore as Orokin strictly used zero tech archaic projectile weapons duo to Sentients assimilating anything advance .

prime access throws lore out of the window into the sewage canal.. quest based prime frames are easy examples.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dauggie said:

prime access throws lore out of the window into the sewage canal.. quest based prime frames are easy examples.

No it doesn't , lore states that none primes are cheap knock offs of primes , primes were made first .

Edit - on top were is no info or suggestion that quest acquired frames don't have primes .

Edited by bad4youLT

Primed Larkspur probably. 

Otherwise not many other good Primed Archgun candidates that I can think of, unless its with a character that doesn't have enough weapons to be Primed with them, but they'd probably Prime other things instead first. However, maybe we can get more non Primed Variants for Arch Guns. Rebecca did mention something about how we could potentially maybe get a Tenet Velocitus (in an indirect way on stream after someone asked about Corpus Archguns since we do have Kuva Archguns, and she mentioned she thinks Velocitus is a Corpus weapon) plus then of course Prisma Dual Decurions, and Vandal Imperator, we could get certain upgrades that way. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

No it doesn't , lore states that none primes are cheap knock offs of primes , primes were made first .

Edit - on top were is no info or suggestion that quest acquired frames don't have primes .

Can't wait for people to somehow try and explain Protea Prime once that comes out. 

3 minutes ago, Atsia said:

The Orokin just gave Parvos a spare Protea. Doesn't mean she was the only one around.

"Look familiar, Outworlder? Warframe, yes, but one-of-a-kind. Protea. Legend says she was built specifically for and assigned to one Parvos Granum. Yes. Part of a deal Granum cut with the Orokin themselves."

Quoted directly from the Deadlock Protocol quest. That line kinda implies that Protea was made specifically and exclusively for Parvos to be his bodyguard, also last time I checked warframes were canonically made in a way such that it's not really possible to just mass produce them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DemoniesKarris said:

"Look familiar, Outworlder? Warframe, yes, but one-of-a-kind. Protea. Legend says she was built specifically for and assigned to one Parvos Granum. Yes. Part of a deal Granum cut with the Orokin themselves."

Quoted directly from the Deadlock Protocol quest. That line kinda implies that Protea was made specifically and exclusively for Parvos to be his bodyguard, also last time I checked warframes were canonically made in a way such that it's not really possible to just mass produce them.

Well yeah, calling her one of a kind makes sense, people barely even knew Warframes existed. I don't doubt they've never seen another Protea. And while not quite mass produced, multiple copies of frames absolutely were made since we know for a fact both prime versions and standard version of frames existed during the Orokin Era.

21 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

We probably wouldn't see primed archwing equipment until DE eventually reworked the archwing system as they promised.

Commonsense Arch equipment rework in a nutshell:-

1. Archwings gain a passive (copypasted from already existing assets) & can take Auras/Exilis and Arcanes. It would be expected that there would be some editing to make things fit thou

2. Archweapons gain 2 extra mod slots (There heavy duty antiship equipment). Gain access to a few extra mods from primary weapons (Prime Firestorm for example).

3. Archwing based levels or Railjack proxima's have a space based Hydron for streamlining of lvling.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Pragmatic_2015:

Commonsense Arch equipment rework in a nutshell:-

1. Archwings gain a passive (copypasted from already existing assets) & can take Auras/Exilis and Arcanes. It would be expected that there would be some editing to make things fit thou

2. Archweapons gain 2 extra mod slots (There heavy duty antiship equipment). Gain access to a few extra mods from primary weapons (Prime Firestorm for example).

3. Archwing based levels or Railjack proxima's have a space based Hydron for streamlining of lvling.

1. Would be nice, but the entire set of abilities of Archwings needs a rebalance/rework.

2. Probably not going to happen since more slots would require some extra UI work. I think it is more important to rebalance the mods.

3. Salacia- Neptune is a mobile defense objective and quite good for leveling.

5 hours ago, DemoniesKarris said:

Yes Protea her self , quest however does not say anything about a prime or that she has not been based of prime version .

The line could imply that none prime version of Protea was specially created for Parvos .

• Like 1

They don't exist yet cause most players don't bother with them.

Prime access is DEs means to gain money from its player base , they would not want to put something up that no one is interested in. And archguns and archmelee are just not that popular (as of now , though that may change) 

But they could pair one popular and one non popular item. Like they have in the past. There are many frames with no / single signature weapons as well (there are also signature weapons that were never primed even though their frame was primed) like nidus prime for example.

So it might come , but there is no guarantee.