Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another returning player

(PSN)EvilFlowerChild

Question

Hello everyone, I haven’t played warframe since 2015 (quit shortly after wukong was released) i came back a few times to check out plain of eidolons (?) and fortune and got like 2 or 3 of the newer frames and mesa and valkyr prime only to quit shortly after again.

my questions are rather easy.

can i ignore both fortune and plain of eidolons altogether or are you forced into doing them? I just dont have fun there for whatever reason.

i just like would like to catch up with the story stuff and stick with that for now, can anybody give me quick pointers on what quests to do? And do they story quests have that rather annoying farming where you have to get x item which can only be crafted with x resource locked behind another x quest and so on?

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PSN)EvilFlowerChild said:

can i ignore both fortune and plain of eidolons altogether or are you forced into doing them? I just dont have fun there for whatever reason

Depends on if you want the Arcanes and Focus and Archgun or not....

i just like would like to catch up with the story stuff and stick with that for now, can anybody give me quick pointers on what quests to do?

Well... All of them.... The quests will be right there in the Codex which is on the left side of your Orbiter.... You can also access Quests just by pressing Start/ESC and clicking on "Quests"...

Now as for the actual Quests themselves.... I can't be of any help there... You might not struggle with the same way I did...

And do they story quests have that rather annoying farming where you have to get x item which can only be crafted with x resource locked behind another x quest and so on?

I think The Rising Tide Quest is like that.... You have to farm Railjack Resources to build the Railjack itself... Atleast that's how it worked before they Reworked it..... Again....

Well, how far along the quests are you? And are you only interested in the main storyline, or would you like to experience side quests as well? Most side quests are for Warframe blueprint unlocks, so if you have no interest in that particular Warframe then there is no need to do them (other than to soak in more lore). Most quests have prerequisites, however, so you may not be able to access one until you complete another:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Quest

Open world areas aren't really meant to be tackled in earnest until you clear the star chart, and while they do give you very good stuff when you finish them, they are not strictly necessary for any quest. Well, except for the starter quests for the three Open World I guess.

Now just an FYI that we are scheduled to get the next chapter in the main story (which should wrap up The New War) before the end of this year, so you are just in time to catch up, if you so choose.

Archived