Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Talyn Mk III droprates: Unintentionally over-nerfed?

Callback

I was curious why this thing was so rare, but I came across an older thread from the end of march which had this clip from the drop table website at the time:

Zetki Talyn Mk Iii
Source    Blueprint/Item Drop Chance    Chance
Orm Crewship    20.00%    Uncommon (12.50%)
Vorac Weaver    20.00%    Uncommon (24.35%)

But currently it's astronomically rare at:

Zetki Talyn Mk Iii
Source Blueprint/Item Drop Chance Chance
Orm Crewship 20.00% Ultra Rare (1.29%)
Elite Orm Weaver 20.00% Legendary (0.52%)
Vorac Weaver 20.00% Legendary (0.52%)

This seems wrong.  Mk III Talyn is the only railjack component even remotely approaching this insane level of rarity.  The other makes are in a similar state:

Vidar Talyn Mk Iii
Vorac Crewship 20.00% Ultra Rare (1.29%)
Orm Crewship 20.00% Ultra Rare (1.29%)
Lavan Talyn Mk Iii
Vorac Crewship 20.00% Ultra Rare (1.29%)

Was this really intentional?  Why so rare on this one and only one component?  I don't see any notes about it.  The only mention in any patch notes has nothing to do with droprates.

• Fixed a crash when attempting to Valence Fusion a Talyn Armament.

Submitting this as a bug until it is confirmed otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to farm this now and yeah, it is pretty ridiculous.

And it's not just that the drop rate is so low, it's also that it only drops in Corpus missions off of fighters/crewships, but there are no Corpus Skirmish missions so there's a quite limited number of spawns that can even drop it per mission.

At the very least it should be added to derelict/POI caches at a 4-6% drop rate.

i'd like to understand aswell if this is an intentional OVER NERFING the drop chances of talyn, wich i'm farming aswell, or is totally something not intentional.
i want to know just to stop pass my time in railjack missions where i shouldn't get anything good instead of use my time in better maps

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on the same boat as the rest of players trying to complete their RJ weapons collection, any other variant besides Zekti it's impossible to drop. And after months trying and playing railjack missions, it's starting to get really boring to even try, I'm honestly losing hope of getting and maxing the weapons I'm missing from Corpus nodes.

Imho any percentages lower than 2% should never be considered for drops in general, and I personally think anything under 5% it's already extremely low already.

@[DE]MomawMight we get some word about this issue with drop rates due it affects everyone?? Maybe it's just a misplaced comma, who knows...

• 2 weeks later...

The abysmal drop chance coupled with the spawn rate just makes it worse, and just when you think it couldn't get worse than that, you notice they made it so you can't just stay killing fighters for hours grinding the damn thing, so you have to do the mission until they stop spawning, and either carry on and finish it or bail and start over again.

If they are going to give them MMO drop rates, then give us MMO spawn rates to level it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived