Jump to content
  • 0

Best frames and weapons for Index? And why?


(PSN)Reaper330011
 Share

Question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

For defence other than Limbo, Khora is popular because of strangledome.  Sometimes I see Gara, but last I checked, enemies will stick glitching through or even spawning behind Mass Vitrify, so I wouldn't recommend her.  Not sure about Frost's viability.

For coin carrying, Rhino because of Iron Skin and Revenant because of Mesmer Skin.  (Revenant is my personal go-to)

If you have a group you can go dps.  Chroma, Mesa, etc.  But as dps, you won't be picking up coins.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 minutes ago, AlyxisPrime said:

For defence other than Limbo, Khora is popular because of strangledome.  Sometimes I see Gara, but last I checked, enemies will stick glitching through or even spawning behind Mass Vitrify, so I wouldn't recommend her.  Not sure about Frost's viability.

For coin carrying, Rhino because of Iron Skin and Revenant because of Mesmer Skin.  (Revenant is my personal go-to)

If you have a group you can go dps.  Chroma, Mesa, etc.  But as dps, you won't be picking up coins.
 

In about 2 Hours when we had a limbo defender they only got in 2 points. 2 POINTS! Khora good, Limbo king, and trust me, frost bad.

I use chroma, don’t have rhino.

 

On my last 1 hour run our squad set up was:

Banshee (middle frame who weakens enemies and protects the defender)

Limbo (the ultimate defender who is king)

Rhino (Primary DPS and coin carrier)

Chroma, me. (Secondary damage dealer and coin carrier, as well as buffer).

 

this setup worked well but I wanna know the other options...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

But why

At least in terms of specters, ember is by far the best one, those heat procs get insane at higher levels, can out-damage a player, but in terms of an actual player using ember...ehhhhhhhh

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
21 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

At least in terms of specters, ember is by far the best one, those heat procs get insane at higher levels, can out-damage a player, but in terms of an actual player using ember...ehhhhhhhh

I’m talking about playing as… usually I don’t play with spectres, just people

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Gara, solo with specters.. I just cast Vitrify on enemy checkpoint and defend it. When there is enough points on the ground in front of me Ill just pick them up and score. I usually pick 30+ points two times and medium index is finished.

Edited by (PSN)shann_cz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 minutes ago, (PSN)shann_cz said:

Gara, solo with specters.. I just cast Vitrify on enemy checkpoint and defend it. When there is enough points on the ground in front of me Ill just pick them up and score. I usually pick 30+ points two times and medium index is finished.

High risk?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Rhino Prime Solo High Risk level 3rd bet no spectres, the other three are enough of a pain at times. :tongue:

I don't use Rhino Prime for anything else anymore so made a config just for Index and another one for Arena fighting, in the Index I'm able to pop iron skin and replace while carrying some points.

I have it setup on a loadout so the weapons I use are one click and done also, I don't use the weapons for anything else so I know they're ready to rock when the loadout is loaded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

wukong twin -when equipped with a good weapon, can oneshot everything for the first couple of rounds, and still do great on later rounds.
personally i put rubico prime on mine. because it's hitscan and he's really accurate. you can just camp on spawn and let the twin shoot everything down.

he's tanky, his passive allows him to cheat death, and his cloud walker gives him great mobility. let twin shoot stuff while you run around collecting points.
overall he's a really good index frame. can be built to win index with the least efforts, that's why a lot of people hate him and players who abuse it.

next best dps i'll give to mesa and rhino.
mesa don't need weapon for apparent reason. she will autokill everything on her line of sight. no need to waste time looking for enemies nor aiming. 
rhino is great because of roar for dps, and steel skin for collecting points.

 

imho limbo is meh.
he's the best for nw index challenge because of his absolute defense. but his kit doesn't contribute anything to offense.
if it's just for regular play session i'd take gara any day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
19 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

wukong twin -when equipped with a good weapon, can oneshot everything for the first couple of rounds, and still do great on later rounds.
personally i put rubico prime on mine. because it's hitscan and he's really accurate. you can just camp on spawn and let the twin shoot everything down.

he's tanky, his passive allows him to cheat death, and his cloud walker gives him great mobility. let twin shoot stuff while you run around collecting points.
overall he's a really good index frame. can be built to win index with the least efforts, that's why a lot of people hate him and players who abuse it.

next best dps i'll give to mesa and rhino.
mesa don't need weapon for apparent reason. she will autokill everything on her line of sight. no need to waste time looking for enemies nor aiming. 
rhino is great because of roar for dps, and steel skin for collecting points.

 

imho limbo is meh.
he's the best for nw index challenge because of his absolute defense. but his kit doesn't contribute anything to offense.
if it's just for regular play session i'd take gara any day. 

Defense is Defense. Defense is not meant to offense. Limbo wins. 
Rhino for offense, he sounds good.

I’ll try find a Wukong prime blueprint. I have all the parts built except the main blueprint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
15 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

High risk?

I run solo Gara on Medium Risk usualy for 2 rounds. I bought credit booster over credit weekend and earned 40Millions over that weekend.

I was also trying high risk etc. but it looks like 2rounds Medium is time efficient and easy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, (PSN)shann_cz said:

I run solo Gara on Medium Risk usualy for 2 rounds. I bought credit booster over credit weekend and earned 40Millions over that weekend.

I was also trying high risk etc. but it looks like 2rounds Medium is time efficient and easy.

Credit booster affects index? It didn’t for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
14 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Credit booster affects index? It didn’t for me.

you're gonna need to check that again.

because it's been a public knowledge that credit booster affects index, at this point it's part of common warframe knowledge.

 

having strong opinions are one thing.

but having strong opinions with these kind of basic unawareness does nothing to help one's credibility.

it's like seeing a toddler disagreeing with mike tyson on the correct way to throw a punch.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

you're gonna need to check that again.

because it's been a public knowledge that credit booster affects index, at this point it's part of common warframe knowledge.

 

having strong opinions are one thing.

but having strong opinions with these kind of basic unawareness does nothing to help one's credibility.

it's like seeing a toddler disagreeing with mike tyson on the correct way to throw a punch.

Again? Really?

anyway, yesterday I ran a index during the event booster. To test it I ran 1 round. Only 250k creds on high risk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Again? Really?

anyway, yesterday I ran a index during the event booster. To test it I ran 1 round. Only 250k creds on high risk.

what?

i'm an active member on this forum, and when i see stupid stuff, i call them out. regardless of the poster.
you're flattering yourself. if you want me to stop bugging you, it's as easy as stop posting stupid stuff. because i don't bug you. i bug stupid posts.

credit booster works on index. period.
i could quote the wiki, but i won't since that's just how it works for years now, which every member before and after me can attest to.
if you believe your game is bugged, send a ticket instead of contesting on how things should work with me or other members.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Credit booster affects index? It didn’t for me.

It doesn't show doubled credits on post mission screen, but it works. Try to write down your credits balance before index and after and check for yourself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
54 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

I’ll try.

BTW, Octavia. I farmed all my credits on solo index with her. With credits booster;-) Works also on med/hard, but low risk is fastest and most efficient solo. 

Build for high range and duration, some strengh. Efficiency might be negative, but at 45% you might need to go find an energy globe every once in a while. Partitioned mallet augment is nice for indoor map, you can block both entry points. No survivability required, with perma invisibility only rockets one of the robo brokers shoot at stupid specters might hit you. 

Gameplay loop- pop 1 in front of enemy score point, use energizing dash or get energy globe, pop 3, spam crouch to become invisible. Pop 4 to greatly increase range of 1. Watch as brokers shoot at your mallet pumping its damage so it becomes huge deathzone, deleting everything in range. Repeat when needed. Never use 2. Subsume it out if you wish, i believe Spectorrage with augment would work great, but i never tried it. Only caveat of solo index in general is you mostly depend on stupid specters to score. But it's perfectly possible to go for 10+ rounds without enemy team scoring a single point. I take rad Catchmoon or Stropha, but only have to use it once on twice (runner drones) on 20 rounds of low risk index. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2021-10-04 at 1:13 PM, (PSN)Jacobivan said:

Gameplay loop- pop 1 in front of enemy score point, use energizing dash or get energy globe, pop 3, spam crouch to become invisible. Pop 4 to greatly increase range of 1. Watch as brokers shoot at your mallet pumping its damage so it becomes huge deathzone, deleting everything in range. Repeat when needed...

Wow, I'm going to test it.. I play Octavia quite often lately but never on index..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I solo and cheese index with Limbo. He's amazing, stopping enemy from gaining any points at all. Build for dura+range, cast stasis+bubble. Enemies come to you,kill em while they cant do anything. Recast and bank the points.  You are also invulnerable while carrying lots of points by simply dashing to rift out. Cant get any easier.

Edited by ThommiX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2021-10-03 at 12:25 PM, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Anybody have a list of the best frames for index?

I know limbo is the best Defense frame but other than that I don’t really know who else is good for index (or why)

 

dunno about weapons.

 

Why do you need a defender? Unless it's for that nightwave challenge of doing 3 index in a row without the other side scoring any points there is no need for a defender whatsoever.

Unless you have a crap team.

All you need is a Rhino that is set up halfway properly to carry the coins and lots of firepower or a decent melee set up.

I prefer the firepower because it involves less button mashing (I'm lazy that way).

Here's a tip for you that most don't seem to know or realize : Forget about running all over the map hunting enemies down.

Run to the area of where the goal is (picking up some energy on the way) and stick around there. The enemies re-spawn around their start point (= the goal you have to drop of points) So you kill, pick up points, and enemies spawn close by, kill, pick up, rinse and repeat. So what if once in a while they kill a spectre and score a couple of points. As soon as they score, they re-spawn. And where do they re-spawn ? Yep, right in the vicinity that you are expecting them (within radar range of the goal) . Kill them and they re-spawn... where you are still hanging around.

The only thing to worry about is to keep an eye on the timer and drop some points to score so as to buy more time and not lose by default because you were sitting on 90points and there took them in which means the timer runs out and they win with a score of seven points.

In fact I  have it happen that doing a high level index solo took me a few minutes but doing it with a bunch of randoms who where running around like crazy took more then 15minutes to finish a round. *sigh* People really should lay of the sugared caffeinated drinks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...