Best frames and weapons for Index? And why?

(PSN)Reaper330011

Question

I've done solo Prodman runs (staying an hour straight in the Index.) using Revenant.  Mesmer skin means you cannot die so long as you build for the ability and keep it maintained.  All you really need your frame to do is not die, imo, because if you're storing points for bonus on turn in you won't really have energy to use a lot of abilities.  Properly built weapons alone are more than enough to carry you through any run of Index you want unless you want to do crazy stuff like stay well past an hour.

The Fulmin built for Radiation is a good weapon to start with, but will fall off eventually unless you're running weapon arcanes.

I use a crit Gaze kitgun built for Viral and Fire with Pax Charge, and it runs through enemies like nothing.  Once it eventually falls off in terms of speed, it still works as a great primer for my Stropha with a heavy attack build. 

The benefit to running these weapons is that they do not run out of ammo and you never have to pick ammo up.  If you're only planning on staying 3 or so rounds none of the guns will even come close to falling off in terms of kill speed if they're built correctly.

• Like 1

On 2021-10-06 at 6:43 AM, (PSN)kite9000 said:

Here's a tip for you that most don't seem to know or realize : Forget about running all over the map hunting enemies down.

Run to the area of where the goal is (picking up some energy on the way) and stick around there. The enemies re-spawn around their start point (= the goal you have to drop of points)

They spawn around the host.

Most players gravitate to certain spots. That's why it seems like mobs tend to spawn there.

like is usually the case in Warframe, Saryn far and away outperforms every other Warframe for Damage. the only things that could potentially compete for TTK would be Finishers.

then just whatever Defensive Warframes you feel like having and something(s) to share some DR around doesn't hurt either.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

How?

She doesn't have energy and has pretty much perma CC + big damage vs corpus. It has been awhile so I can't remember exactly but I seem to remember using Hildryn to great efficacy.

Edit: Just checked and Aegis Storm doesn't CC. I thought it did.
Having said that, replace Aegis Storm with Gloom and you've got a solid CC that is really easy to maintain.

Edited by Leqesai

Revenant, Khora, Mesa for easy mode and easy points.

Sonar Banshee for peak efficiency.

I guess Winroar Rhino Lannister (see that gold colored Iron Skin? :D), Defy Wukong (Wifikong?), Sleep Equinox, Terminator Nyx and Optavia would also be effective.

I don't want to mention Zephyr, because that amount of OP would be too cheesy.

On 2021-10-03 at 6:25 AM, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Anybody have a list of the best frames for index?

Yeah, there's a list, but it's classified. Major world leaders are scared of what could happen if total power fell into the wrong hands. I can only reveal the secret codename:

Trindex

On 2021-10-09 at 9:13 AM, FadeToNull said:

They spawn around the host.

Most players gravitate to certain spots. That's why it seems like mobs tend to spawn there.

I know but with a bunch of randoms you never know who is the host and if you have a headless chicken host then it can take forever. Plus it just make sense to stay at that side of the map it will go quicker, not to mention that the place to actually drop the points is nearby and there for so much more safer if suddenly one notices that one is about to die.

By the way, lots of players don't seem to gravitate to certain spots, in fact lots of them seem to have the attention span of a slow guppy, if it doesn't involve running around like crazy they are not interested. Case in point, the other day I was doing a mission in a Gas city map with a bunch of randoms (lowest being MR12) and they had no clue that those doors with symbols (secret labs) on them could actually be opened let alone how to do it.

14 hours ago, (PSN)kite9000 said:

I know but with a bunch of randoms you never know who is the host and if you have a headless chicken host then it can take forever.

[...]

14 hours ago, (PSN)kite9000 said:

By the way, lots of players don't seem to gravitate to certain spots, in fact lots of them seem to have the attention span of a slow guppy [...]

I get the sense you dislike certain other players. "Headless chicken" and "slow guppy" are not compliments.

And you said twice that you meet lots of them.

Why do you join public squads? If a mission doesn't require a squad (like the Index), why don't you solo it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

[...]

I get the sense you dislike certain other players. "Headless chicken" and "slow guppy" are not compliments.

Why do you join public squads? If a mission doesn't require a squad (like the Index), why don't you solo it?

Easier way is to gather a pre-made squad.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FadeToNull said:

[...]

I don't suffer fools gladly, I'm strange that way.

Nor do I like rude obnoxious vile people. If you never have come any of those then count your blessings.

In the beginning I used to run lots with randoms and many times it was enjoyable and everyone had everyones back but ..... those times were very infrequent.

After a while one learns not to run with randoms because the few times that it works out don't stack up to all the times that you have to deal with crap up to and including being insulted because one didn't rush the missions so as to complete it in the very fastest time ever.

I do run mostly solo.

Indexing I always do solo or with my wife.

The few times it happens that I don't run any mission solo is more accidently because I forgot to change the settings.

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of fine people playing Warframe. Unfortunately, there are also lots of not so fine people. Just look at region chat and what goes on at it. The times that you see people trying to have newbies writing something that will get them kicked from the game or even a temp. ban is telling enough.

On 2021-10-14 at 7:16 AM, (PSN)kite9000 said:

I do run mostly solo.

Ah, ok.

On 2021-10-14 at 7:16 AM, (PSN)kite9000 said:

[...] up to and including being insulted [...]

Yeah, well you don't have to convince me. You would not believe the sheight I've seen.

I can handle confused n00bs. They don't bother me. But toxic f-ers who attack other players are beyond my patience. And as you noted, they aren't a rarity.

I solo everything unless a squad is absolutely required. In that case I'll try to form one with my clannies. Public squads are a last resort for me.

Edited by FadeToNull
Concession to purity
  • Like 1

Titania is my girl for the Index. 

I drop preparation and flow since the first doesn't work and energy is never so plentiful that the latter matters.  Replace with some more strength and duration mods.  Mod pixie guns for viral/slash and blade for same (since that buffs razor flies). 

Snag an energy orb, and go tiny and start a murder circuit around the arena grabbing orbs and ganking dudes.  

Tiny Tats's  vacuum works in Index as do her flies.  The vac sucks up index points if you're anywhere near them.  Just flying around you'll pick up a few.  

Her spike single target damage is excellent.  She can kill any index enemy in a second, and they never seem to look up.  You can build her to be almost unhittable while airborne but even without that build she's remarkably survivable even with just basic vitality.  I've never died playing her in index unless I lost track of my energy and got bigafied.   

She's also fast AF and can get those points into goal.  

Shes also fun to play in the index.  That's my main criteria.  

SOLO :

-Revenant for solo with low gear investment, and only for that. He's not the best option for anything else.
-Rhino aside from that when geared up since Iron Skin lasts longer and default Roar. That means you can go longer without needing to recast 2 and can deal more damage.
-Titania next but since she needs to be mobile she drags the game out since can't abuse enemy spawns.

TEAM :

- Hildryn with Voracious Metastasis !undisputed meta requriement!
- Speedva to speed up enemies.
- Banshee for DMG boost.
- Protea with Larva for kills and constat shield regen. !DO NOT use dispensary!
Alternatively bring Rhino instead of Limbo if the team doesnt want to camp. Dmg boost stacks with Banshee's and Speedva's and can permastun the map.