Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abundant Mutation Rework

Gorthaur_

Let's face it , Abundant mutation is possibly the worst mod in the game ,200 extra stacks is close to no difference in power and 30 second cooldown on undying makes Nidus even weaker (and his lack of shield gating even more of an issue).
Warframe has several warframes that can scale to infinity (or at least to some insane numbers)
Yet Nidus- Who is themed around mutation , scaling and growing stronger , with his Primed version literally being described as having "Endless Mutation" has a hard cap at 100 / 300
Which will barely get him through lv 180 enemies 
So my Idea for a rework is simple : Abundant Mutation would allow Nidus have infinite amount of Stacks , however undying would have it's cooldown .

yea i doubt, gaining stacks is not hard in endless mission. and since stacks multiply damage, he could just start one shot-ing enemies. also in infested-grineer faction i highly doubt nidus can even die. only those nullifier corpus units can sometimes screw him. 

also barely 180lvl enemies.. ah have you not used status weapon to lower enemies hp or armor? group them with larva . drop corrosive or viral and watch them get killed easily.

12 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

yea i doubt, gaining stacks is not hard in endless mission. and since stacks multiply damage, he could just start one shot-ing enemies. also in infested-grineer faction i highly doubt nidus can even die. only those nullifier corpus units can sometimes screw him. 

also barely 180lvl enemies.. ah have you not used status weapon to lower enemies hp or armor? group them with larva . drop corrosive or viral and watch them get killed easily.

Thats the point

Warframe has SEVERAL Frames with infinite (or extremely high scaling)
Yet Nidus who is themed around it - has a hard cap 
+ Cooldown would remain , so there would be possibility of losing your 988218 stacks if you aren't careful.

Nidus was made in time where level 180 was a challenge , but DE forgot about him and pretty much left him behind almost every other frame .

3 hours ago, CyberdemonOfDark said:

Let's face it , Abundant mutation is possibly the worst mod in the game ,200 extra stacks is close to no difference in power and 30 second cooldown on undying makes Nidus even weaker (and his lack of shield gating even more of an issue).

So the fact he can deal over 80K damage to each target hit by Virulance with a simple Intensify and 300 Stacks is bad to you? If you are playing Nidus only spamming 1 then you are doing it wrong, you have to use proper weapons to stack debuffs on enemies so his abilities can deal more damage.

3 hours ago, CyberdemonOfDark said:

+ Cooldown would remain , so there would be possibility of losing your 988218 stacks if you aren't careful.

Also, 30  Second Cooldown is nothing, if you are dying every 30 seconds then you are in the wrong game! There are many ways to give Nidus increased survivability or to heal him in case of trouble, mods that give you resistance or temporary immunity and Arcanes to boost his armor or give him more healing.

6 hours ago, CyberdemonOfDark said:

Thats the point

Warframe has SEVERAL Frames with infinite (or extremely high scaling)
Yet Nidus who is themed around it - has a hard cap 

Nidus was made in time where level 180 was a challenge , but DE forgot about him and pretty much left him behind almost every other frame .

scaling is actually bull, because barely any warframe has "infinite scaling". 

there are almost 0 warframes that scale endlessly. 

7 hours ago, CyberdemonOfDark said:

Warframe has several warframes that can scale to infinity (or at least to some insane numbers)
Yet Nidus- Who is themed around mutation , scaling and growing stronger , with his Primed version literally being described as having "Endless Mutation" has a hard cap at 100 / 300

which warframes can scale endlessly? You can't just make a statement and not provide examples or proof. Plus to my knowledge, there are no warframe's that can scale endlessly, and I believe Nidus and Saryn are the only frames that have noticeable scaling.

7 hours ago, CyberdemonOfDark said:

Which will barely get him through lv 180 enemies 

Also, you will likely never encounter level 180 enemies unless your messing around in the Simulacrum or doing endless Steel Path/Arbitrations.

The only reason that Abundant Mutation exists is to likely allow for more strength-based builds where the scaling on his 1 can be used to great effect.
Also, if your considering a timer being put on Undying as a weakness (which it technically is), then clearly your not playing him well, considering you'd only be proccing Undying like once every blue moon. From my experience, the only time I actually procced it was when I took my unranked Nidus Prime into Steel Path for no real reason.

If anything, Nidus needs to be able to have ways of gaining stacks a bit easier (which is why Insatiable exists), since if your using him for endless missions, most of the time you'll be competing with other Teammates for enemy presence. Be it teammates killing your Larva clumps, map nuking Saryn's or Mesa's, or just that one guy who thinks he's really cool by running around the edge of the map and killing everything. The only time I can think of actually reaching that limit is if you play Nidus on a solo endless mission, and only ever use Virulence, in which case you just aren't playing Nidus correctly and should probably find something else to do.

23 hours ago, (XBOX)KawaiiAsa said:

which warframes can scale endlessly? You can't just make a statement and not provide examples or proof. Plus to my knowledge, there are no warframe's that can scale endlessly, and I believe Nidus and Saryn are the only frames that have noticeable scaling.

Also, you will likely never encounter level 180 enemies unless your messing around in the Simulacrum or doing endless Steel Path/Arbitrations.

The only reason that Abundant Mutation exists is to likely allow for more strength-based builds where the scaling on his 1 can be used to great effect.
Also, if your considering a timer being put on Undying as a weakness (which it technically is), then clearly your not playing him well, considering you'd only be proccing Undying like once every blue moon. From my experience, the only time I actually procced it was when I took my unranked Nidus Prime into Steel Path for no real reason.

If anything, Nidus needs to be able to have ways of gaining stacks a bit easier (which is why Insatiable exists), since if your using him for endless missions, most of the time you'll be competing with other Teammates for enemy presence. Be it teammates killing your Larva clumps, map nuking Saryn's or Mesa's, or just that one guy who thinks he's really cool by running around the edge of the map and killing everything. The only time I can think of actually reaching that limit is if you play Nidus on a solo endless mission, and only ever use Virulence, in which case you just aren't playing Nidus correctly and should probably find something else to do.

There are multiple frames that scale infinetly / up to level cap , also some that ignore level .
Xaku , Octavia , technically Revenant and Sevagoth (with their one shot) , Saryn scales to massive amounts of damage and several others (just came up with these on the top of my head)

,,Also, you will likely never encounter level 180 enemies unless your messing around in the Simulacrum or doing endless Steel Path/Arbitrations."
Yes
Because Nidus was made for endless

And everyone just keeps ignoring the fact that Nidus is THEMED around growing stronger and scaling
His issue is that DE pretty much haven't touched him since he came out while everyone else (except for Inaros) got stronger

On 2021-10-04 at 10:39 PM, CyberdemonOfDark said:

Nidus is THEMED around growing stronger and scaling

you're going to learn that in Warframe, they don't really follow themes 100% accurately and execute it in game with perfect accuracy.

Nyx is a psychic/mental/mind control Warframe themed around manipulating enemy behavior, why did they give her an ability that strips armor and shields? simply because she needs something fast and effective at killing stronger enemies, doesn't matter if it's accurate or not.

Archived