Is there a reason as to why they didn't let us swap all abilities with the helminth?

Aguzo

title

Spoiler

We can use our frames for anything, as there is no character-lock system, so is there a reason as to why they couldn't let us grab any frame's ability set and give it to a different frame? It's not like the abilities we get are at the same level as the original (as far as I've seen).

Ex: Grabbing rhino's kit and putting it on mag, so they can do index. Getting saryn or mirage's kit to do ESO, etc.

If you're in a team, then they could've just had the ability set show up like an aura, under your username.

4EgliVP.png

Why didn't they go all out with the helminth? Is there something that could have been abused?

Edit: The post has been answered by @Padre_Akais and @Tyreaus

Edited by Aguzo
answered

5 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

title

We can use our frames for anything, as there is no character-lock system, so is there a reason as to why they couldn't let us grab any frame's ability set and give it to a different frame? It's not like the abilities we get are at the same level as the original (as far as I've seen).

Ex: Grabbing rhino's kit and putting it on mag, so they can do index. Getting saryn or mirage's kit to do ESO, etc.

If you're in a team, then they could've just had the ability set show up like an aura, under your username.

4EgliVP.png

Why didn't they go all out with the helminth? Is there something that could have been abused?

Most simple answer would be cause its only meant to be supplement and not replacement system

If you could replace like 3 abilities from rhino then what would be left there out of rhino other than skin and name?
Not to mention replacing all abilities then well what would be the point in keeping all frames when you could have few versions of idk one with highest HP or Energy or Shields and so go on... and just infuse all abilities you want

In same way we use same mods yet we have different weapons with different stats
If all weapons would have same DPS with same mods then other than skin swap what would be the point in having more than idk 10?

Forgot to add
As i think it would be cool to give us freedom for infusing abilities even i can say say it would 100% destroy feel of warframes being unique

Edited by ZeroX4
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

title

4EgliVP.png

Well, essentially it would invalidate literally everything. 

That's why. 

Also warframes would be glorified skins. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Aguzo said:

Infusing one frame into another frame, as has already been said, invalidates using specific warframes outside of aesthetics. Also, your suggestion is really not well constructed. Are you suggesting that you swap an entire frame's kit or are you saying we would be able to pick/choose specific abilities to create amalgam loadouts (IE: Rhino Iron Skin, Saryn Spores, Rhino Roar, Saryn Miasma)? 

In either case I think this is a terrible idea. Swapping entire kits makes warframes aesthetic shells. Picking/choosing specific abilities should be obvious why it is overpowered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Infusing one frame into another frame, as has already been said, invalidates using specific warframes outside of aesthetics. Also, your suggestion is really not well constructed. Are you suggesting that you swap an entire frame's kit or are you saying we would be able to pick/choose specific abilities to create amalgam loadouts (IE: Rhino Iron Skin, Saryn Spores, Rhino Roar, Saryn Miasma)? 

In either case I think this is a terrible idea. Swapping entire kits makes warframes aesthetic shells. Picking/choosing specific abilities should be obvious why it is overpowered.

the ability to swap any of their abilities with another (one). Only one can be equipped at a time. The originals don't really become pointless, as rhino's roar (subsumed) is a fraction of the original. I like mag, I have purchased a few skins and helmets for her. She's a boss at dps. Doing a solo index, or focus farming in eso? Kinda tough, at least for me.

I wouldn't mind paying $ or plat for a system that let's me use her skins on any frame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aguzo said:

the ability to swap any of their abilities with another (one). Only one can be equipped at a time. The originals don't really become pointless, as rhino's roar (subsumed) is a fraction of the original. I like mag, I have purchased a few skins and helmets for her. She's a boss at dps. Doing a solo index, or focus farming in eso? Kinda tough, at least for me.

I wouldn't mind paying $ or plat for a system that let's me use her skins on any frame.

I don't think that would ever happen.

The game is called Warframe, not Skinframe. 

2 hours ago, Aguzo said:

Because the game would be ruled by one single set: Inaros Prime's health pool, Arcane Grace, and Saryn Prime's moveset. That right there is basically invincible and nobody would have reason to run anything else. "If you want a vision of the future, picture Inaros drowning a human face in infinitely scaling DPS forever"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

the ability to swap any of their abilities with another

This is not what you appeared to be suggesting, whatsoever, in your original post. Yes... this would be overpowered. I don't really think we really need to explain why this would be overpowered do we?

Every frame with invis?

Every frame with mallet?

Every frame with spores?

Every frame with cataclysm?

Come on, dude. There's a reason DE didn't go this direction. There are multitudes of extremely overpowered combinations if you're able to pull any ability off of any frame.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

This is not what you appeared to be suggesting, whatsoever, in your original post. Yes... this would be overpowered. I don't really think we really need to explain why this would be overpowered do we?

Come on, dude. There's a reason DE didn't go this direction. There are multitudes of extremely overpowered combinations if you're able to pull any ability off of any frame.

I mean being able to swap all of mag's abilities with a nerfed version of frost, gara, rhino, etc.

6 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't think that would ever happen.

The game is called Warframe, not Skinframe. 

So what?

At that point just use the frame who's kit you tacked onto the other one. You're literally just turning frames into cosmetics at that point.

Plus allowing any ability would be so wildly exploitable I'd hope nobody seriously wanted or expected that out of Helminth. Just the idea of slapping any nuke onto Revenant or melee ability on Loki. Or go extra lazy and slap Octavia's kit onto Limbo and afk kill enemies while sitting in the rift with his passive. At that point you might as well have removed the concept of enemy levels from the game.

• Like 1

I do think it would be interesting and not OP if they eventually gave us a modular Warframe that can only use Helminth abilities. I don't know how useful it would be, but it would be interesting to see the combinations the community comes up with.

What 4 abilities would you choose?

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

Just now, Leqesai said:

Yes.. this is overpowered... are you not following the logic here?

it's just swapping the frame, without swapping the aesthetic.

1 minute ago, Kel_Silonius said:

so why do you even play Mag? if you swap all her abilities what would left is DFC, not Mag.

She's one of, if not the highest dps frames, and her graxx and corpa skins are the closest things to a space suit. Same thing with excalibur's proto skin. They're just not that great at doing specific things. If I could swap to rhino, frost, gara, etc but change their skins to mag or excalibur, then that'd be the same thing, without compromising others' sanity.

Limbo's passive grants him passive immortality and energy regeneration. For Limbo, this has the equally steep cost of bringing his effective damage and ability to affect enemies down to zero, unless he invites them into his space - whereupon he is no longer invincible to them, but also he can affect them. Already, Limbo has the BS ability to be able to inflict a passive 'no enemy interaction allowed' throughout the entirety of his space, which makes him one of the most broken frames in the game just already.

Abilities pass through the rift. Which means any damage ability lets Limbo bypass his one major restriction with no consequences whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Aguzo said:

it's just swapping the frame, without swapping the aesthetic.

She's one of, if not the highest dps frames, and her graxx and corpa skins are the closest things to a space suit. Same thing with excalibur's proto skin. They're just not that great at doing specific things. If I could swap to rhino, frost, gara, etc but change their skins to mag or excalibur, then that'd be the same thing, without compromising others' sanity.

No, it would destroy the game and a lot of people's sanity along with it. 

I don't think you understand. This is an objectively bad idea that would also 100% never ever happen. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

After all those replies you still don't understand what would be so broken about it?

So using rhino's abilities on rhino is broken? I'm stating that we should be able to swap ability sets (slightly nerfed) as a whole. That or the ability to use any skin on any frame.

Edited by Aguzo
last sentence

2 minutes ago, Aguzo said:

So using rhino's abilities on rhino is broken? I'm stating that we should be able to swap ability sets (slightly nerfed) as a whole. That or the ability to use any skin on any frame.

We've known this is what you are asking since your first post. 

We all think it isn't a good idea.

Clear?