Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think the game needs a new loading screen for the landing craft and a few more skin variations

Prexades

The blue nebula we are passing through while loading an area is really outdated and I would love to see something different. Perhaps a small library of different jump animations could be shown. Also some more ship skins and customization options would be nice.

I don't care what it looks like, as long as it doesn't drop in fps. I wonder if a video, instead of using the game engine would make the transition smoother.

Videos probably wouldn't be able to include the color scheme of your ship though.

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

We actually have new loading screens but for some reason DE hasn't fully rolled them out everywhere :/

That's really cool!

As to the rest of the topic, I think they already made a good start with the landing craft, uncoupling the abilities from the skins.

But some of the abilities could still use some serious buffing, the cooldown is so long they mostly feel like an afterthought, and it would be cool to see some more landing craft with more interesting abilities.

I've thought each of the six og syndicates getting their own landing craft with a themed skin and ability would be a really neat addition to the game.

But I'd like the abilities revisited in general. The healing one is bad, the damage ones don't scale, and the cooldown is just way, way too long, theirs gotta be some way to reduce it. I've toyed with the suggestion of them having a reduced cooldown by doing the right actions.

For ex: The lullaby one from nightwave could have the cooldown reduced by doing stealth kills, stuff like that.

1 hour ago, Prexades said:

The blue nebula we are passing through while loading an area is really outdated and I would love to see something different. Perhaps a small library of different jump animations could be shown. Also some more ship skins and customization options would be nice.

NO
We need to play happy zephyr or that other minigame while in loading screen

4 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

How much you can enjoy playing them for like 2 seconds?

Not all missions loads in 2 sec
I dont remember in which game but i one ive seen that (well it was not mmo)
But in mission loading screen there was minigame you could play
And in fact i was entertaining because its not about if you are going to achieve something but its about can you mess with something

In Phantasy Star Online series loading screen always had some gimmick of flying energy ball which you controlled either by mouse keyboard or gamepad
You could not achieve anything doing so but it was always cool to move it on your own
And i dont mean it in a bad way but you will never understand it as long as you wont try it because now i see how stupid it sounds ;)

6 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

In Phantasy Star Online series loading screen always had some gimmick of flying energy ball which you controlled either by mouse keyboard or gamepad

I played both pso2 and new genesis. But tbh, I never bothered with the energy ball inside the tunnel. Because in the end, its some extra bits loaded that will slow down the main game load (not really much, but still a thing for low end pcs).

With ssd the longest load time I have in warframe is to enter open world, but there is not really a loading screen there. But for normal content it is 2 seconds.

Edit: But thinking twice, we do have a mini game in loading screens. We can control our landing craft, make it fly upside down, control the engines, the wings.

18 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

Edit: But thinking twice, we do have a mini game in loading screens. We can control our landing craft, make it fly upside down, control the engines, the wings.

Now imagine its from different angle and for example we try to smash rocks or idk avoid them without any penalty or reward
Even if it loads too fast for you we could still view it from different angles to make it feel more energetic and random rather than keep seeing same exact thing all the time

And keep in mind not all of us have SSD and for some ppl it loads way longer than 2 secs
So for them it would be good time killer

5 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

And keep in mind not all of us have SSD and for some ppl it loads way longer than 2 secs

That would just make the loading even slower D:

For hdd every single bit matters. And loading a minigame will add at least 5 more seconds.

Pure black loading screen, to make things faster, is better than another minigame imo.

At least thats what I did with most of my games when I had hdd. Blocked anything from loading that was not necessary to make it faster.

Archived