Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Out of bounds, self damage and risk

(XBOX)Ancient Mutt

10 hours ago, Silligoose said:

And finally, we appear to have reached the logical endpoint of this exercise in absurdity, though you still seem to want to say something while having nothing to say. We seem to have strayed a bit far from the main point, but as it stands it's hopefully been made pretty clear by now that explosive self-damage isn't necessary to balance most explosive weapons, which are decidedly mediocre, and whichever ones are too strong weren't balanced by it in the first place. What we need isn't the return of self-damage, but targeted nerfs to overpowered weapons of any sort.

1 hour ago, Teridax68 said:

And finally, we appear to have reached the logical endpoint of this exercise in absurdity, though you still seem to want to say something while having nothing to say. We seem to have strayed a bit far from the main point, but as it stands it's hopefully been made pretty clear by now that explosive self-damage isn't necessary to balance most explosive weapons, which are decidedly mediocre, and whichever ones are too strong weren't balanced by it in the first place. What we need isn't the return of self-damage, but targeted nerfs to overpowered weapons of any sort.

12 hours ago, Silligoose said:

We aren't going to agree on this I'm not interested in explaining more basics or mechanics of the game to you. We are at an impasse.

6 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

What we need isn't the return of self-damage, but targeted nerfs to overpowered weapons of any sort.

This is a good topic summary. I don't like nerfs, but I also don't like being in a squad with three Wukongs plus Bramma, Proboscis Cernos, and Kuva Zarr :facepalm:.

It would be nice is buffs like "had-I-said-yeah"Hata-SatyaMod.png would actually make single-target weapons more viable.

On 2021-10-16 at 2:48 PM, LillyRaccune said:

This is a good topic summary. I don't like nerfs, but I also don't like being in a squad with three Wukongs plus Bramma, Proboscis Cernos, and Kuva Zarr :facepalm:.

It would be nice is buffs like "had-I-said-yeah"Hata-SatyaMod.png would actually make single-target weapons more viable.

Indeed, it would help to determine what is the average number of enemies killed by AoE weapons to then decide how powerful single-target weapons have to be in comparison to the top performers. Ideally, proper aim with an explosive weapon should mean trying to catch as many enemies in a single shot as possible, whereas single-target weapons shouldn't require waiting to line up the perfect shot as much.

On 2021-10-16 at 9:25 AM, Silligoose said:

It seems the only interest you have is in trying to repeat yourself using the least effort possible. The only impasse here is the one you have chosen to set for yourself through sheer saltiness, all while others continue to have productive conversation despite your best efforts. Whatever it is you tried, you've failed.

1 hour ago, Teridax68 said:

then decide how powerful single-target weapons have to be in comparison to the top performers.

And for some reason, DE makes the +Punch Through mods super expensive. IMO all guns should have a minimum of 0.1m Punch Through by default. 0.1m for noobie guns like Braton (but not MK-1 Braton) and more for good guns like Braton Prime. DE could even institute the Pass Through damage system like they have with melee, reduced damage to every additional target struck.

But anyway until that happens, I like my AoE guns. I enjoy Zhuge Prime because it doesn't have much bright-lights spam.

No. Stop trying to take away my fun. I already get stun locked for being outside of my visible explosion range that slows my gameplay. Killing myself and having to revive wouldn't be fun at all.   If you want something unforgiving and incredibly punishing then go play ghosts & goblins or something like it because you won't find it here and wanting it here is asking for warframe to not be warframe.

I'm here for fun,not to get kicked in the teeth.

5 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

Indeed, it would help to determine what is the average number of enemies killed by AoE weapons to then decide how powerful single-target weapons have to be in comparison to the top performers. Ideally, proper aim with an explosive weapon should mean trying to catch as many enemies in a single shot as possible, whereas single-target weapons shouldn't require waiting to line up the perfect shot as much.

It seems the only interest you have is in trying to repeat yourself using the least effort possible. The only impasse here is the one you have chosen to set for yourself through sheer saltiness, all while others continue to have productive conversation despite your best efforts. Whatever it is you tried, you've failed.

@Silligoose

To both of you,

Accept that won't agree and move on.

On 2021-10-03 at 8:54 PM, (XBOX)General Poke said:

I want self-damage back.

I fully support this. Self-damage was a completely appropriate method of balancing explosive AoE weapons.

If this update was reverted, I think it would bring much needed balance to the current weapon meta.

On 2021-10-03 at 8:54 PM, (XBOX)General Poke said:

When falling into a chasm or lava, whatever, I think it should take a life.

I have trouble with this, while I agree that death from falling into lava or whatnot could be an interesting mechanic, the current "out of bounds" is far too finicky to properly implement this feature - there are too many times where you jump too high, hit an invisible wall, and go out of bounds.

I cannot support this in the games current state.

Archived