Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Customizable ability hotkeys for each Warframe

Risebel

Hello,

please implement the feature, in which every Warframe ability is able to assign independently to a hotkey, without disturbing other Warframe's keybinds. Warframe has yet to have such a feature. It does not have to be immediately, but it would be a decent quality of life change.

Using the same helminth ability on different frames can be irritating, since you change a different ability slot depending on the build and frame you use. By adding this feature the helminth ability could be manually always bound to a specific key.

Players who want for an ability's keybind of only one Warframe changed but not on other frames have to either do it every time manually in the options or use a 3rd-party program to change they key itself.

Adding this feature would not be a loss.

2 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Would be nice to simply have the ability to (maybe only once the Frame is at Rank 30) swap around the abilities,
so you could do stuff like having Rhino Charge, Tidal Surge and Reave on the same button :P

This is bringing back flashbacks of when Abilities were mod cards.

If this is about rearranging abilities to any of the 4 ability keys on a frame by frame basis, I'm all for it.   👍  The way I'd love it to work is to just drag abilities into different slots in the frame modding screen and ability screen.

8 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

why is that needed? it's four buttons, always the same buttons. is this some OCD thing?

Maybe!  🙃 But for me I'd call it primarily a muscle memory  thing that's more prominent with helminth. 

If I replace an ult with a cheap, spammable ability like Pull it doesn't feel natural to me on the 4. Likewise a long duration non-recastable ability like Silence would feel weird on the 1. In both cases I wouldn't mind rearranging the native abilities to accommodate the infused one in a more intuitive spot.

I'd guess a lot of people would rather not re-memorize new ability placements though, so maybe it's not a feature that would be used enough to justify its development.

14 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

If I replace an ult with a cheap, spammable ability like Pull it doesn't feel natural to me on the 4

that makes sense, I guess. I got muscle memory issues for a lot of crap, but for some reason it does not apply to helminth replaced abilities. guess I got lucky. 

Archived