Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Animation tab UI functionality loss after Nights of Naberus patch

Numerikuu
Message added by [DE]Momaw,

This should be fixed as of Hotfix 30.8.1 on PC. If you still have this problem, please make it clear that you've already updated to receive this. Consoles, watch your patch notes to see when this arrives for you.

There seems to be an issue with the Animations tab in the Arsenal after the most recent update. I am no longer able to scroll within the animations page (with either mouse wheel or manually dragging the slider) without it locking up the UI. I cant use Esc to go back or anything. The only way out is to click on my icon up top or to alt-f4. Character sound (jumping noises/running noises etc) also stop functioning after clicking my icon to exit.

Vid of the bug in action:

Before:
ELfdxzJ.jpg

After:

Pyotrbu.jpg

After attempting to change the animation set on Sevagoth, the game becomes entirely unresponsive and the only thing I can do is close the game. This does not happen when I try to do the same on any other frame and can be reproduced on Sevagoth with a 100% success rate. This is a newly crafted Sevagoth with no reactor installed, customisation on his shadow and claws have not been unlocked.

I just obtained Garuda not long ago and thus i went ahead to customize it. However, as soon as i click on the "no animation" to equip one, everything freezes for about 1 second before proceeding as usual. The droplist of all the warframe animations should appear yes? not in my case, only the search bar popped up but no animation column/drop down list can be seen. I could not interact with ANYTHING other than "T(open chat)", i can talk in different channels just like how we use our chat system but that's about it, couldn't interact with anything else, esc won't work, nor every other key. Only way to get out of that situation is to force shut down warframe v.i.a Task Manager / Alt+F4. Restarted the game three times and restarted my laptop once, yet the issue remains. I won't want to uninstall and reinstall warframe just for the animation, that will be my last resort. Any help please?

https://prnt.sc/1uvens0

See how the search bar overlays the background?

EDIT: So i hovered my cursor over to the top left to my profile (glyph) and through that i can exit my arsenal but i still cant equip any animation, it just freezes again.

EDIT 2: There was a "pre" signs of the bug, when switching from one animation to another, for example i switch from mesa noble anim to mesa agile or equinox day noble anim, my warframe freezes in place as soon as i click the designated animation that i would like to change into.

Same bug for Gara Prime.

Built Gara Prime today, can customise all other appearance options but if I alter Animation then the UI freezes.

I can change the appearance of all my old frames including animations, just not Gara, even if I equip her in a different load out slot.

Same happened here. Happened with Inaros Prime. Then went and test on Nidus Prime and happened there too. 

Pure observation.

-My Inaros P had none animation equipped. When I click to customize, it froze immediately.

-My Nidus P had his own noble animation equipped. When I click, it didn't freeze right away. But froze when I scrolled up to the top of the list.

Could be some item on top of animation list that causes it to freeze. Will try to test more, but since I need to restart the game every time, it's gonna take a while.  

Edit: just read OP's edit and found the way to get out without restarting. Should make testing easier

Edit 2: update

Happened with all frame when I scrolled up to the top of the list, or at least near the top. Something from none(first in the list) to Equinox animation is causing the freeze for me when it's supposed to show up. My UI always freezes when Equinox animation is suppose to appear on the list. 

This bug in the game has been since the last update, happens 100% of the time on any frame, once you scroll up. I have many bought animations for fashionframing purposes, the bug only happens up top, around where the excal umbra animations are.

Screenshot of the bugged ui:
 gW3Go29r1uU.jpg?size=800x600&quality=96&

I sincerely hopes this gets fixed as soon as possible.

6 hours ago, EothasianBoar said:

Same happened here. Happened with Inaros Prime. Then went and test on Nidus Prime and happened there too. 

Pure observation.

-My Inaros P had none animation equipped. When I click to customize, it froze immediately.

-My Nidus P had his own noble animation equipped. When I click, it didn't freeze right away. But froze when I scrolled up to the top of the list.

Could be some item on top of animation list that causes it to freeze. Will try to test more, but since I need to restart the game every time, it's gonna take a while.  

Edit: just read OP's edit and found the way to get out without restarting. Should make testing easier

Edit 2: update

Happened with all frame when I scrolled up to the top of the list, or at least near the top. Something from none(first in the list) to Equinox animation is causing the freeze for me when it's supposed to show up. My UI always freezes when Equinox animation is suppose to appear on the list. 

Indeed it seems to be Equinox, for me Equinox Night Noble in particular. Either that or Ash Noble, but I'm 99% sure it's Equinox. Some tips: to "unstuck" the freeze, you can open the foundry through the "x items ready to claim" tooltip on the top right if you have something cooking in the foundry still; to customize the animation set, just hit randomize until you get the one you want and you'll be able to customize your frame without freezing everything. Hope a fix comes out ASAP.

So I just got Lavos, built and ready to be used. One thing I do 1st is animation for the frame, but whenever I click on "animation" it freezes for a second, then it unfreezes, but I am stuck in the "appearance" screen forcing me to "alt f4" Ive restarted the computer, but it still occurs.

The Animation Set Selection is bugged for me in arsenal. Anytime I select Animation Set to choose one, the game bugs and I can't do anything but force close the game.

I get a weird error where the "search bar" for animation set selection shows up, but outside of that, nothing else is interactive.

Someone suggested doing a Verify Cache in the launcher settings. I tried that and still didn't fix the issue. Please Help.

Image attached for reference:

aab7107a93271a2e1729002ed1bcede9.png

I'm currently dealing with this too, though I noticed it only happens on my Prime Warframes. Regular Warframes are completely unaffected and I'm able to swap out their animation sets no problem. I am able to force myself out of the bugged menu, but it's rendered me completely unable to equip an animation set to my newly crafted Nidus Prime.

I am running with the standalone version of Warframe, and have verified my download cache. It did not fix this issue. Pictured below;

EDIT: cropped image for better view

SOI3syp.jpeg

5 minutes ago, ICAVARA said:

I'm currently dealing with this too, though I noticed it only happens on my Prime Warframes. Regular Warframes are completely unaffected and I'm able to swap out their animation sets no problem. I am able to force myself out of the bugged menu, but it's rendered me completely unable to equip an animation set to my newly crafted Nidus Prime.

I am running with the standalone version of Warframe, and have verified my download cache. It did not fix this issue. Pictured below;

EDIT: cropped image for better view

SOI3syp.jpeg

Yea, glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully there's a fix soon... It's kinda discouraging me from playing.

Yep - been happening to me too. The animations menu spawns behind the main customisation menu and I get soft locked. All I can access is the chat windows. Cant even Esc out.

End up having to Alt+F4 to reset the game. Been able to repeat it 8 times in a row now with both tennogen and non-tennogen skins. So assume its just a bit gimped for now.

It seems like the top row (possibly ember noble, equinox day noble or "No Animation Set") softlocks the game
As in my testing, not every animation set softlocks the game (for example, if I have Excalibur's Zato Noble Animation set as the first, it doesn't crash)

Archived