Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting mission prompts from 'Redacted' instead of 'Ordis Lotus' [SPOILERS]

CheaseDragon

Its only happened once so far but I did a massive double-take when it did. I assume this either means Space mom is coming back for NW or its something for the Halloween event (either way it shouldn't have triggered here). It swapped back to the expected Lotus portrait after this voice line.

SPOILER_unknown.png

47 minutes ago, CheaseDragon said:

Its only happened once so far but I did a massive double-take when it did. I assume this either means Space mom is coming back for NW or its something for the Halloween event (either way it shouldn't have triggered here). It swapped back to the expected Lotus portrait after this voice line.

SPOILER_unknown.png

Interesting.

How very, very interesting. 

Also an administrator edited the title but only to "redact" and left in the image and hasn't stopped us speculating... I'm very excited now. 

If it was just the picture, then I don't think this is enough information to speculate on what happens during the New War.  It's no surprise that the Lotus would have a speaking role in the New War, and a speaking role requires a portrait.  Odds are that this happened because the name of an asset or an object was slightly mislabeled, meaning that all this tells us is that that picture is likely to be part of the upcoming release.

30 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

Well that's... interesting. New tone of voice or no?

I think it just sounded like old lotus without the Ordis filter (which was part of the reason even looked at the portrait) but it happened so fast and I was only paying enough attention to do a double-take and smash print screen. I think the portraits just got mixed up tbh.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

If it was just the picture, then I don't think this is enough information to speculate on what happens during the New War.  It's no surprise that the Lotus would have a speaking role in the New War, and a speaking role requires a portrait.  Odds are that this happened because the name of an asset or an object was slightly mislabeled, meaning that all this tells us is that that picture is likely to be part of the upcoming release.

Yea, thats something along the lines of what I was thinking.

30 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Interesting.

How very, very interesting. 

Also an administrator edited the title but only to "redact" and left in the image and hasn't stopped us speculating... I'm very excited now. 

They also seem to have moved it to general discussion as I thought I posted this in bugs? Or maybe I messed up in my excitement. 

Oh, now that is interesting.

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Yeah I mean, short list of update notes and a 450MB update. Bound to see some "whoops". xD

Sounds like DE's up to something sneaky. Possibly some form of preview event getting hot-dropped in?

I mean, Apostasy waaaaay back when did come around the same time as the Ghouls update, so it's not like holiday stuff's prevented them from sneaking in stuff before.

I wouldn't go and expect it to be anything more than a bug. The portrait with that lighting likely is put together for New War (and stuff was already preloaded in-game since Tennocon) but the bug of getting the incorrect portrait for a transmission is as old as the game. And there usually is the "vampire" Lotus around October so there is plenty of room for something to break this way.

Also the last intentional easter egg with Lotus was the hidden message in her transmissions during Orphix Venom. I suspect if DE wanted to do something intentionally it would have been along those lines again.

But hey if it is intentional then it would be interesting to see Lotus return and remain as Natah.

Seeing this makes me think my theory regarding The New War may become a thing. I'm fairly sure we will free both Lotus and Ballas from the sentient and form an alliance with them during the quest. Possibly there will be other sentients aswell as a fifth colon faction. This would also explain Caliban, since Ballas and Lotus can build it for us.

During my steel path run on Cassini in Saturn the lotus hologram got replaced by Natah for a brief period right after I downed the capture target. However, the natah that showed up wasn't the same as the one in the Ropalolyst fight. The lighting was way more red rather than the faint white light on her during said Ropalolyst mission. 

• How can this bug be reproduced?

I seriously have no idea how that happened, nor how to trigger it.

• What was happening before the issue started?

I was just going through the mission normally and was going for the target.

• Can you provide your build and game settings?

The graphics settings are set to the High preset

• What kind of squad were you in? Solo, host, client?

I was playing solo, but the session was set to Friends Only.

• Can you share any images or a video of the bug?

Because of how unexpected and short the bug was I don't have any visual proof.

At the time of writing this, the issue happened roughly an hour ago but has not repeated since.

Archived