Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seperation of Ephemeras - Seperate Body and Step Equip Slots

Melles64

Greetings, I hope this post finds everyone well.

I created this thread in General Discussion and was suggested to mirror it over to feedback. If this is not appropriate, apologies in advance. For the sake of ease of discussion, I will repeat the original post below:

Two nights ago, I randomly received the Blazing Step Ephemera in Railjack and the Seeding Step Ephemera in Arbitrations back to back. I was initially somewhat excited as I would enjoy a wake of plant life growing where Oberon walks (even if it isn't quite as impressive as Okami), but I realized I had grown attached to the Gloriana Ephemera that I have equipped him with.

I imagine this is a common problem with the Step type ephemera: they can have a cool, flavorful effect, but they are competing with Wings, elemental effects, and Corpus light constructs. Further, some of these are rather difficult to obtain, and given the steep competition for the slot, I can't imagine they get used all that much. It is further exacerbated by the fact that these are not options for pets or Necramechs. I find this to be a disappointing state of affairs.

So, if it's not too much of a stretch to ask, I'd like to suggest creating a separate equip slot to have be able to have a Body Ephemera and a Step Ephemera equipped at the same time. That way, the Step Ephemeras do not need to compete with the more consistently impressive Body Ephemeras. It's obviously not a high priority thing, but I'd like Digital Extremes to consider it when they have the time.

1 hour ago, Melles64 said:

So, if it's not too much of a stretch to ask, I'd like to suggest creating a separate equip slot to have be able to have a Body Ephemera and a Step Ephemera equipped at the same time. That way, the Step Ephemeras do not need to compete with the more consistently impressive Body Ephemeras. It's obviously not a high priority thing, but I'd like Digital Extremes to consider it when they have the time.

I am half Yay and half Nay for this, wile it would be interesting separating Step and Body Ephemeras to their own slots, i feel this would cause too much visual pollution in the game and i think the Devs would have to implement some sort of Ephemera Intensity or Priority in the game`s Graphics options so should low end PCs start suffering from the effects, it would either tone down or prioritize a specific slot`s effect.

6 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I am half Yay and half Nay for this, wile it would be interesting separating Step and Body Ephemeras to their own slots, i feel this would cause too much visual pollution in the game and i think the Devs would have to implement some sort of Ephemera Intensity or Priority in the game`s Graphics options so should low end PCs start suffering from the effects, it would either tone down or prioritize a specific slot`s effect.

More graphical settings sounds reasonable to me, I've seen people with Corposant Prime Ephemeras in eye-bleeding color choices before to the point that I'd appreciate toning down other player's ephemera effects.

Archived